• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
142 replies to this topic | 342 praises

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Volkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpap

Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Strong hints of Audi & BMW, anyone?

Volkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpapVolkswagen-Tiguan_2017_1600x1200_wallpap

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:15 PM

Carbon82
  • Premium member
    Carbon82
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Despite being 60 mm longer and 30 mm wider, the new Tiguan has lost more than 50 kg (110 lbs) and now it sits 33 mm lower. It's not bigger just on the outside as the wheelbase has been stretched by 77 mm to 2,681 mm, so it offer superior room inside the cabin, with 29 mm additional rear knee room while the trunk's capacity has been boosted by 145 liters to 615 liters or 1,665 liters if you fold down the rear seats.

The all-new Tiguan rides on the familiar MQB platform and will be available with eight turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines, all meeting Euro 6 regulations and up to 24% more efficient than in the previous model. There are four TSI engines with 125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW) along with four TDIs developing 115 PS (85 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 190 PS (140 kW) and 240 PS (176 kW). Except for the base engines which all work exclusively with a FWD layout, the others can be teamed up either standard or optional to a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system.

The 4MOTION-equipped Tiguan features fifth-gen Haldex coupling and has a 11 mm increased ground clearance (at 200 mm) while an optional off-road front end package boosts the approach angle from 18.3 to 25.6 degrees.

Volkswagen says they have engineered the Tiguan for trailer loads of up to 2,500 kg (5,511 lbs) and as you would expect from a recent VAG product it comes packed with safety & assistance systems such as: Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring, Automatic Post-Collision Braking System and Lane Assist – all of which are standard.

As far as the interior is concerned, the new compact crossover from Wolfsburg doesn't stray away too much from the Golf and comes as standard with a 5-inch monochrome touchscreen display on the entry-level Trendline. Those who upgrade to the Comfortline and Highline trims will be able to enjoy a color 5-inch screen while several bigger 8-inch displays are also available and support navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, MirrorLink and many other services. The all-wheel drive Tiguan also gets a 4MOTION Active Control switch located on the center console and provides four selectable modes: Onroad, Snow, Offroad and Offroad Individual.

The white car depicted in the attached images is the higher specification R-Line which brings 19-inch Sebring wheels (20-inch optional), many body-colored surfaces, sportier front and rear bumpers, two-tone roof spoiler and a glossy black diffuser. On the inside it gets cloth and microfiber upholstery (Vienna leather optional), Crystal Grey stitching, aluminum door sill guards, stainless steel pedal caps and footrest, leather steering wheel with R-Line logo and a black headliner.

The five-seater Tiguan will be joined late next year by a longer wheelbase seven-seat version set to be built in Mexico sold in select markets.

Mercury1 praised this

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:05 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The new tiguan seems to looks fatter than the current model. And it looks a bit like the santa fe.

Baal praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 16 September 2015 - 03:13 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The maws on the R-Line look kind of messy... but the normal version swee. Don't like the rectangular headlights but the new tail lights are nice.

Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

Dabbler in digital graphics, computer assembly, tech and photography.
「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:11 AM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Ok f**k i will dig this despite the gearbox
Baal and Coern praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:47 AM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Ok f**k i will dig this despite the gearbox

I think Tiguans use the 6-speeder leh. But I'm not sure since now they're MQB...

Baal praised this
Driving car, not funny, bid for car with COE, ERP, road tax, PARF until you want to barf

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 13 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Tiguan = Top seller in Germany

QashQai = Top in Europe

CRV = Top World

Thaiyotakamli and Baal praised this
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

Johnc
  • Johnc
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Did our friends at VCS say when this will be coming to SG?

Baal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:07 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I asked 1 SE, he said 2017-2018? haha damn long

He said normally Europe launched, Singapore will take 2years

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:22 PM

MQX87511
  • MQX87511
    5th Gear
    Author Image

four TSI engines with 125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW),

1.4T, 1.6T, 1.8T, 2.0T, i'm correct?

TDI still have?? :a-aggressive:  forget it :a-noway:

Baal praised this

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:29 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw it in the flesh. A bit boxy and still looks small-ish. But an improvement over the current Tiguan.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150923_120142 - Copy.jpg

Edited by Soya, 30 October 2015 - 04:44 PM.

Rayoflight and Baal praised this

Posted 01 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Saw it in the flesh. A bit boxy and still looks small-ish. But an improvement over the current Tiguan.

Boxy look probably due to the slab sides and sharp edged fascias.

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:24 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Boxy look probably due to the slab sides and sharp edged fascias.

That's true. The pix u see is the R-Line model which is actually bit more swee than the std model oredi.

IIRC, the new regular Tiguan din look very attractive and I din bother to take any peekture of it.

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:43 PM

7hm
  • Premium member
    7hm
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

That's true. The pix u see is the R-Line model which is actually bit more swee than the std model oredi.

IIRC, the new regular Tiguan din look very attractive and I din bother to take any peekture of it.

From the post above I actually prefer the standard model instead of the R-Line, I don't like the weird gapping sides of the front bumper... but that's just me [sweatdrop]

「さぁ、今、手を伸ばして 」

Posted 01 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

Sdf4786k
  • Premium member
    Sdf4786k
    6th Gear
    Author Image

the sportsvan launch and subsequent release was 7 months. I suppose next year would be a better expectation.

But if the SE says next year, what will they do with the current stock?

So , as always, does not hurt to be giving very long range estimates

Baal praised this

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:48 AM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Any news on this?
Baal praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:53 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Any news on this?

Tiguan too small for your lah...

Just nice for me.

[laugh]

Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:54 AM

Audi2016
  • Audi2016
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Any news on this?

You will buy Tiguan meh.. hahaha don't bluff chewren

125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW),

1.4TSI (old engine 125bhp 200nm found in Audi A3)

1.4TSI (reconfigured 150bhp 250nm.. found in Audi A4 and Q3)

1.8TSI

2.0TSI

Should be like this. I think SG will launch the 150bhp version.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tiguan too small for your lah...

Just nice for me.

[laugh]

The boot space increased by 150 litres le

You will buy Tiguan meh.. hahaha don't bluff chewren

1.4TSI (old engine 125bhp 200nm found in Audi A3)
1.4TSI (reconfigured 150bhp 250nm.. found in Audi A4 and Q3)
1.8TSI
2.0TSI

Should be like this. I think SG will launch the 150bhp version.

I saw a chinese tv show, then i see tiguan, the design has blown me lol
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: volkswagen, tiguan, suv and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users