2nd Generation Volkswagen Tiguan (2016)

Carbon82

Despite being 60 mm longer and 30 mm wider, the new Tiguan has lost more than 50 kg (110 lbs) and now it sits 33 mm lower. It's not bigger just on the outside as the wheelbase has been stretched by 77 mm to 2,681 mm, so it offer superior room inside the cabin, with 29 mm additional rear knee room while the trunk's capacity has been boosted by 145 liters to 615 liters or 1,665 liters if you fold down the rear seats.

The all-new Tiguan rides on the familiar MQB platform and will be available with eight turbocharged gasoline and diesel engines, all meeting Euro 6 regulations and up to 24% more efficient than in the previous model. There are four TSI engines with 125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW) along with four TDIs developing 115 PS (85 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 190 PS (140 kW) and 240 PS (176 kW). Except for the base engines which all work exclusively with a FWD layout, the others can be teamed up either standard or optional to a 4MOTION all-wheel drive system.

The 4MOTION-equipped Tiguan features fifth-gen Haldex coupling and has a 11 mm increased ground clearance (at 200 mm) while an optional off-road front end package boosts the approach angle from 18.3 to 25.6 degrees.

Volkswagen says they have engineered the Tiguan for trailer loads of up to 2,500 kg (5,511 lbs) and as you would expect from a recent VAG product it comes packed with safety & assistance systems such as: Front Assist with City Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Monitoring, Automatic Post-Collision Braking System and Lane Assist – all of which are standard.

As far as the interior is concerned, the new compact crossover from Wolfsburg doesn't stray away too much from the Golf and comes as standard with a 5-inch monochrome touchscreen display on the entry-level Trendline. Those who upgrade to the Comfortline and Highline trims will be able to enjoy a color 5-inch screen while several bigger 8-inch displays are also available and support navigation, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, MirrorLink and many other services. The all-wheel drive Tiguan also gets a 4MOTION Active Control switch located on the center console and provides four selectable modes: Onroad, Snow, Offroad and Offroad Individual.

The white car depicted in the attached images is the higher specification R-Line which brings 19-inch Sebring wheels (20-inch optional), many body-colored surfaces, sportier front and rear bumpers, two-tone roof spoiler and a glossy black diffuser. On the inside it gets cloth and microfiber upholstery (Vienna leather optional), Crystal Grey stitching, aluminum door sill guards, stainless steel pedal caps and footrest, leather steering wheel with R-Line logo and a black headliner.

The five-seater Tiguan will be joined late next year by a longer wheelbase seven-seat version set to be built in Mexico sold in select markets.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

The maws on the R-Line look kind of messy... but the normal version swee. Don't like the rectangular headlights but the new tail lights are nice.

Turbocharged

Ok f**k i will dig this despite the gearbox

I think Tiguans use the 6-speeder leh. But I'm not sure since now they're MQB...

• Praise 1

four TSI engines with 125 PS (92 kW), 150 PS (110 kW), 180 PS (132 kW) and 220 PS (162 kW),

1.4T, 1.6T, 1.8T, 2.0T, i'm correct?

TDI still have?? :a-aggressive:  forget it :a-noway:

• Praise 1

Saw it in the flesh. A bit boxy and still looks small-ish. But an improvement over the current Tiguan.

post-1105-0-28293300-1446194657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Soya
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Saw it in the flesh. A bit boxy and still looks small-ish. But an improvement over the current Tiguan.

Boxy look probably due to the slab sides and sharp edged fascias.

Boxy look probably due to the slab sides and sharp edged fascias.

That's true. The pix u see is the R-Line model which is actually bit more swee than the std model oredi.

IIRC, the new regular Tiguan din look very attractive and I din bother to take any peekture of it.

Turbocharged

That's true. The pix u see is the R-Line model which is actually bit more swee than the std model oredi.

IIRC, the new regular Tiguan din look very attractive and I din bother to take any peekture of it.

From the post above I actually prefer the standard model instead of the R-Line, I don't like the weird gapping sides of the front bumper... but that's just me [sweatdrop]

the sportsvan launch and subsequent release was 7 months. I suppose next year would be a better expectation.

But if the SE says next year, what will they do with the current stock?

So , as always, does not hurt to be giving very long range estimates

• Praise 1