2nd Generation Volkswagen Tiguan (2016)

Carbon82

without the virtual cockpit ... 1.5L turbo X1 is the way to go

but the DRY DSG :a-noway: is the deal breaker

wah ... it seems like tiguan is flying off the shelf ...

the new look and space is really [thumbsup] ... so whatever picky customers might say ... who cares ... LOL

the new tiguan is loaded with too many things. the OMV itself is 32K, hence, the super high selling price.

if you are not a brand whore, i say its a good buy if you need those features, considering its about x1/Q3 price but x1 has much lesser bells and whistles. but if you belong to the group of "a BMW is a BMW", which most Singaporeans do, you will not pick up the tiguan.

i say its a mistake for them to bring in only the highline variant.

in my opinion, this car will not fly at such price points. very few would pay this much for a 1.4l VW SUV.

realistic selling price VW offering now is 157-158,400.

depending on ur nego skills.

*stuff that jack up the pricing which i personally dont need:

panoramic roof > 50/50 as without it .... looks quite flat and not sexciting ... lol

virtual cockpit ... this is the main attraction!

autonomous parking

10 speaker dynaudio

if you deduct all these items, the tiguan can actually be really affordable.

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

without the virtual cockpit ... 1.5L turbo X1 is the way to go

but the DRY DSG :a-noway: is the deal breaker

wah ... it seems like tiguan is flying off the shelf ...

the new look and space is really [thumbsup] ... so whatever picky customers might say ... who cares ... LOL

Its all wet clutch. No dry.
  • Praise 2

the new tiguan is loaded with too many things. the OMV itself is 32K, hence, the super high selling price.

if you are not a brand whore, i say its a good buy if you need those features, considering its about x1/Q3 price but x1 has much lesser bells and whistles. but if you belong to the group of "a BMW is a BMW", which most Singaporeans do, you will not pick up the tiguan.

i say its a mistake for them to bring in only the highline variant.

in my opinion, this car will not fly at such price points. very few would pay this much for a 1.4l VW SUV.

realistic selling price VW offering now is 157-158,400.

depending on ur nego skills.

*stuff that jack up the pricing which i personally dont need:

panoramic roof

virtual cockpit

autonomous parking

10 speaker dynaudio

if you deduct all these items, the tiguan can actually be really affordable.

I really like the New Tiguan, looks wise. Maybe I should go test drive.

The Dynaudio is a very good sounding stock system, so I'll be happy to get it, along with VC which has that wow factor since I don't need to top up extra.

The rest of the 2, ya can do without.

I think a good price will be 150k.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Saw most of the youtube reviews and decided on the 1.4L TSI version and I am happy with the car so far. Was driving a 5 year old BMW 523i previously and the acceleration for the Tiguan for a 1.4L is noticeably faster for over taking. Only driven for the past few days and can't tell the fuel consumption yet. 

Didn't get the 2 L R Line model as it has 4Motion tech for all terrain which is not practical here and the additional price is the key deterrent. 

• Praise 1

Saw most of the youtube reviews and decided on the 1.4L TSI version and I am happy with the car so far. Was driving a 5 year old BMW 523i previously and the acceleration for the Tiguan for a 1.4L is noticeably faster for over taking. Only driven for the past few days and can't tell the fuel consumption yet.

Didn't get the 2 L R Line model as it has 4Motion tech for all terrain which is not practical here and the additional price is the key deterrent.

Wah the new tiguan so fast got delivery already
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I think VW only brought in about 10 Tiguans to test the demand during the preview and car show which were all sold and they have about 30 orders which will only arrive in June.

Personally, I think this model will sell well though it is more expensive then the other Jap or Korean competitors as it has a more premium feel and there are more safety features and great Dynaudio sound system among other things. The new Tiguan cockpit is well designed and very cool with the amazing looking digital dashboard. I didn't buy the BMW X1 or Audi Q3 as I didn't like the look and there are less features and slightly more expensive. 

I think VW is under rated as they are usually compared with the Jap or Korean cars but it ought to have the same recognition as the Audi, Merz and BMW especially when it is also a German car too with premium feel and look.   

• Praise 1

I think VW only brought in about 10 Tiguans to test the demand during the preview and car show which were all sold and they have about 30 orders which will only arrive in June.

Personally, I think this model will sell well though it is more expensive then the other Jap or Korean competitors as it has a more premium feel and there are more safety features and great Dynaudio sound system among other things. The new Tiguan cockpit is well designed and very cool with the amazing looking digital dashboard. I didn't buy the BMW X1 or Audi Q3 as I didn't like the look and there are less features and slightly more expensive. 

I think VW is under rated as they are usually compared with the Jap or Korean cars but it ought to have the same recognition as the Audi, Merz and BMW especially when it is also a German car too with premium feel and look.   

Congrats on your Tiguan! Very nice as I saw it at the Motorshow. Yes it does have a premium feel but unfortunately the GB issue with the dry clutch was really bad publicity for VW and painted the brand across the board as unreliable and a brand to stay away from.

Whilst I don't quite agree with this mindset, I can understand why perspective buyers shun away as GB issues can be a nightmare which inevitably results in loss of $ and precious time.

VW Singapore is trying to win back client confidence by pricing some of their models competitively and proving that it is as reliable as other brands but it will take some time n till then it can't possibly be bracketed with the premium German brands. Anyway even in Europe, VW is not in the same bracket as the big 3 Germans but as long as you are happy with your car, that shld suffice, keep the feedback coming!!

• Praise 5

Tiguan is priced at X1 & Q3 but with cabin and boot space comparable to X3 & Q5.

That's VW's value proposition... Just like the Passat has the cabin and boot space that is closer to the 5 series & A6 than the 3 series & A4. 

• Praise 1

There is a review of the Tiguan by CHRIS Tan in today ST.

I'm just wondering why the 2litre version has a 7dsg which means dry clutch right? Thought all 2litre and above VWs use the wet clutch?

post-48108-0-75463600-1486192602_thumb.jpg

• Praise 3

I'm just wondering why the 2litre version has a 7dsg which means dry clutch right? Thought all 2litre and above VWs use the wet clutch?

This is the newer 7 spd wet.

It is safe to assume that all 2L and above uses wet clutch no matter the speeds.

For certain 1.4L mid range model up (like Tiguan or A4), it's also wet.

Only the entry level cars use the dry clutch.

• Praise 1

This is the newer 7 spd wet.

It is safe to assume that all 2L and above uses wet clutch no matter the speeds.

For certain 1.4L mid range model up (like Tiguan or A4), it's also wet.

Only the entry level cars use the dry clutch.

Ok tks bro! Getting confused with all this dry, wet clutch, cheers!

• Praise 9

Nowadays cannot look at no. of cogs in the DCT to see whether dry or wet. The new 7 speed S-tronic gearbox found in the A4, A6, A7 all wet clutch one. Similarly for the new Tiguan. They may be of different models of DCT too, usually affected by the car's torque requirement.

Indeed it's quite confusing. Until now I also can't understand what the numbers behind the new VW models mean.. like 230 TSI?

• Praise 1

for vw/audi

if its for suv, its always a wet clutch, regardless of 1.4L or 1.8L or 2.0L.

2.0L is always wet clutch.

1.4 / 1.8L is always dry clutch, unless SUV.

Thus all tiguan (new or old) would be wet clutch. All Q3/Q5 (pre facelift 2009-2014) would be wet clutch. Q5 2015 onwards using 8 spd zf gb.

• Praise 3

Nowadays cannot look at no. of cogs in the DCT to see whether dry or wet. The new 7 speed S-tronic gearbox found in the A4, A6, A7 all wet clutch one. Similarly for the new Tiguan. They may be of different models of DCT too, usually affected by the car's torque requirement.

Indeed it's quite confusing. Until now I also can't understand what the numbers behind the new VW models mean.. like 230 TSI?

Believe it's the torque figures

for vw/audi

Thus all tiguan (new or old) would be wet clutch. All Q3/Q5 (pre facelift 2009-2014) would be wet clutch. Q5 2015 onwards using 8 spd zf gb.

All cool except that the current gen 1.4 A4 is using wet clutch

for vw/audi

Not really true. Look at Skoda Kodiaq, all the petrol models are using dry clutch dsg, 6 and 7 speed.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1