10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

They're betting on a slump in COE prices.

Yeah I can see why they would reduce the COE Rebate level if they anticipate a fall.   But Raising prices as well?

↡ Advertisement

Morning bros! After reading everything, my shortlist currently comes down to Civic 1.6na, 1.5T, Mazda 3 1.5 & Opel Astra 1.0 & 1.4. Abit more about myself: 32, single and staying with parents currently, with current ride civic FD1.8 expiring June 2018. Which cars will you all recommend? Thanks in advance.

Reading, your car must be problematic already at this time.

Oil leak, braking has vibration and suspension also making noise already, right?

Must buy new ride already or change car.

Mazda and Honda no doubt better than Conti. Better stick to our asia region make.

Neutral Newbie

Reading, your car must be problematic already at this time.

Oil leak, braking has vibration and suspension also making noise already, right?

Must buy new ride already or change car.

Mazda and Honda no doubt better than Conti. Better stick to our asia region make.

Based on last servicing, suspension and oil leaks have a bit of issues but still can drive for the moment until next service then inspect again. Braking have very minor vibrations and feeling stronger vibrations now when a/c compressor kicks in. Right side mounting just changed.

Morning bros! After reading everything, my shortlist currently comes down to Civic 1.6na, 1.5T, Mazda 3 1.5 & Opel Astra 1.0 & 1.4. Abit more about myself: 32, single and staying with parents currently, with current ride civic FD1.8 expiring June 2018. Which cars will you all recommend? Thanks in advance.

FD is a very good car.  [thumbsup]

- handling and balance

- cabin space and storage space

- pick up and FC

- styling

- easy to service and maintain

Checks all the right boxes

And can pump Ron92.

Would suggest continue to enjoy your ride since still got time.

:D

• Praise 3

Based on last servicing, suspension and oil leaks have a bit of issues but still can drive for the moment until next service then inspect again. Braking have very minor vibrations and feeling stronger vibrations now when a/c compressor kicks in. Right side mounting just changed.

The gearbox seldom gives issues.

Sometimes you need to change coils, and do maintenance, I have been using Kah, and there's some usual wear and tear.

Neutral Newbie

Current selling price depreciation is about 10k each year. If u can sell ur car at a good price (about 10k+ scrap value), why not get a new car?

In my opinion, this version has a complete new look (very attractive to me), with a very stable and proven engine.

Own a FD1, same condition as what you mentioned here. 

Still happy with the ride just got my suspension changed. Gonna extend another 5 years ending next year July.

• Praise 1

Is this car made in japan or Thailand?

What's the true fc experienced by owners so far?

Thailand. No more Jap made ones..

It uses the older 1.6l engine from the past two Civics, maybe you can use the FC from those cars as a guide? It may be too new for feedback from users. 

If June 2018 and maintenance not major issues don't rush.

Got 1.0 turbo civic coming. By June 2018 Civic itself should have mid-life facelift. If you're lucky new-gen Corolla Altis also will be out, if not CHR definitely will be around.

Other models around that time will be the new Subaru Impreza (Subaru claims 50% less body roll than the current one?!?!) and Mazda 3 probably will get a new gen also....

Have fun scouting :D

Turbocharged

should be Thai made.

First 2 tank for 1.5t is about 12.9km/l, light footed and not more than 2k rpm.

For city driving the fc is between 10.9 to 10km/l

For expressway, can hit 22km/l on cruise control at 80-90km/h

Turbocharged

this is very impressive to me! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeZ5uGEjrmk

Revs up faster than some of those older CVT cars but its rubber band behavior is still a bit queer.

That said it is a really speedy compact saloon.

Anyone knows the fc for 1.6?

Most likely similar to the older generation Civics, perhaps better or worse depending on weight and transmission (since now is CVT). The engine is the same.

5 year renewal is illogical. You lose your PARF rebate and you must scrap your car after that term.

It's not illogical. By buying a new car, you are paying for all the additional taxes on the car again and they are what makes the current price, hefty by any means.

It's not illogical. By buying a new car, you are paying for all the additional taxes on the car again and they are what makes the current price, hefty by any means.

Agree, should not view it as illogical but maybe economically less viable. It is however, the TCO would still be cheaper than owning a new car.

But for car with high OMV, it will be more painfull to renew for 5 years. For example a e200has a omv of about 52k, the parf write off would be about 28.6k.by renewing 5 years would translate into nearly 6k of parf write off annually as compare to 3k per year for 10 year renewal. I am still in 2 minds.

Agree, should not view it as illogical but maybe economically less viable. It is however, the TCO would still be cheaper than owning a new car.

But for car with high OMV, it will be more painfull to renew for 5 years. For example a e200has a omv of about 52k, the parf write off would be about 28.6k.by renewing 5 years would translate into nearly 6k of parf write off annually as compare to 3k per year for 10 year renewal. I am still in 2 minds.

↡ Advertisement