10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

The oil producing countries will be very worried. Many of these countries' economy and political influence (aka bullying) are heavily reliant on oil. Good news in my opinion

Well.. see if it does get implemented. Cutting emission is already a fairy tale looking at all the diesel scandal where NOx in real world exceed emission by more than 15 tinmes. Most manufacturer already got problem with euro 6 standard. Going zero emission as good as electric car, but if the country is not on nuclear, wind or solar power, they are just gonna burn more coal...

And dun forget, many politician are funded by car manufacturer,come 2028, sure got twist to this aim lah.

Well, just my own opinion

↡ Advertisement

Hi bros,

Ive a question to ask regarding about the new civic 1.5T. Understand that based on kah motor specs the acceleration for the 1.5T is 8.6s for the 0-100kmh. However after I went online to research, there are alot of different 0-100kmh timings from different countries. Some were recorded at only 7s+. Can someone enlighten me on this since they are all using the same engine for the 1.5T model.

It would be great if theres any existing 1.5T drivers that can share with me your acceleration timing for our SG 10th gen civic turbo. Some were saying that the actual car is faster than the specs.

Thanks alot! ;)

Hi bros,

Ive a question to ask regarding about the new civic 1.5T. Understand that based on kah motor specs the acceleration for the 1.5T is 8.6s for the 0-100kmh. However after I went online to research, there are alot of different 0-100kmh timings from different countries. Some were recorded at only 7s+. Can someone enlighten me on this since they are all using the same engine for the 1.5T model.

It would be great if theres any existing 1.5T drivers that can share with me your acceleration timing for our SG 10th gen civic turbo. Some were saying that the actual car is faster than the specs.

Thanks alot! ;)

I doubt many had the chance to do a 0-100 acceleration in SG..... haven reach 80 got traffic light or a slow poke hogging..

Same thing for me.... The $2K discount is only for certain colors though... :nosepick:

That being said, the $114K is still the highest price recorded for 1.6 NA. I think I'm going to hang on for awhile and see how it goes for the next few rounds. The freebies given at this year end sale is not that enticing. :whisper: Plus, the price gap between the 1.5T and the 1.6NA is getting wider and wider apart...

Personally I think they have stopped the early bird discount bookings. Unless COE prices dive further down, else it would be difficult to see the prices go below 108k, the lowest recorded price for the 1.6NA.

I just think their pricing would be hovering around 110k, in order to be competitive in the compact car segment.

Well.. see if it does get implemented. Cutting emission is already a fairy tale looking at all the diesel scandal where NOx in real world exceed emission by more than 15 tinmes. Most manufacturer already got problem with euro 6 standard. Going zero emission as good as electric car, but if the country is not on nuclear, wind or solar power, they are just gonna burn more coal...

And dun forget, many politician are funded by car manufacturer,come 2028, sure got twist to this aim lah.

Well, just my own opinion

While I do not see internal combustion going to be phased out very soon, however I do agree that cutting emissions is still a concern. Even if it doesn’t, there will still be a day that the oil wells run dry globally. Thus the need to find alternative fuels is still important.

Electric, ethanol, bio-fuel, and even nuclear power are the possibility to fuel our cars in future. However personally I'm looking forward the next big thing, hydrogen. Not only hydrogen is clean and abundant, but it also gives every household a partial own reliance for our own water supply. Imagine your car provides you water, and you can even sell excess water. That would be great.

Edited by DACH

Hi bros,

Thanks alot! ;)

Why do you care about 0-100?

Drag race with Taxi unker??

Dropped by the showroom today hoping to test drive the 1.5T.

Was told that I have to book a test drive in advance for it. WTH.

I do not even need to book a test drive in advance for merc.

Super turned off!

It was worse when this lady SE served me with zero sincerity.

Totally understand how you feel. Bad service is one reason why I would turn away from a particular car make, even if they have excellent cars. Wouldn't mind paying a bit more for good service. It's the consumer experience that matters!

Hi bros,

Thanks alot! ;)

8.6s no doubt is result of LTA test here an indeed the1.5t feels much faster than it... however it is very dependent on many factors to get lower than 8.6s ; petrol grad, climate, load of car etc

None the less , don't buy it just because it is fast alone, consider other good features too

8.6s no doubt is result of LTA test here an indeed the1.5t feels much faster than it... however it is very dependent on many factors to get lower than 8.6s ; petrol grad, climate, load of car etc

None the less , don't buy it just because it is fast alone, consider other good features too

Pretty objective and comprehensive US review of the civic. Scored well on practicality and performance. Tester managed a 0-60 mph (97km/h) time of 6.6 seconds which is mind blowingly respectable.(figure 0-100 slightly more than that maybe about high 6 low 7 range).

If LTA is testing the 1.5t and getting 8.6, it means they kinda suck at testing (even given different parameters and hotter weather here, it should not be that drastic), but then again they kinda suck at everything else so....

• Praise 2

Personally I think they have stopped the early bird discount bookings. Unless COE prices dive further down, else it would be difficult to see the prices go below 108k, the lowest recorded price for the 1.6NA.

I just think their pricing would be hovering around 110k, in order to be competitive in the compact car segment.

Wait for new FL altis comes in lor. Hear say standard 6 airbag already. If it price as same altis elegance price, KM will sweat...

Thanks for the reply. Not really focusing on the 0-100 timing but I'm just wondering why is it that the timing that we have in sg is different from other countries. ( difference quite significant thou) Cheers!

Pretty objective and comprehensive US review of the civic. Scored well on practicality and performance. Tester managed a 0-60 mph (97km/h) time of 6.6 seconds which is mind blowingly respectable.(figure 0-100 slightly more than that maybe about high 6 low 7 range).

If LTA is testing the 1.5t and getting 8.6, it means they kinda suck at testing (even given different parameters and hotter weather here, it should not be that drastic), but then again they kinda suck at everything else so....

6.6s is really a mind blowing timing from a 1.5t civic. Alot of the videos I saw online r abt 7s+. Haha

Wait for new FL altis comes in lor. Hear say standard 6 airbag already. If it price as same altis elegance price, KM will sweat...

The sickening thing all this while about BM altis is the missing cruise control unit. Other countries mostly comes with it as standard.

It's quite useful if you travel in kpe frequently.

The sickening thing all this while about BM altis is the missing cruise control unit. Other countries mostly comes with it as standard.

It's quite useful if you travel in kpe frequently.

i agree cruise control is useful.

my replacement car doesn't comes with cruise control, which is quite stupid.

Don't quite agree with your statement. My audi A3 1.4T consistently gives me ~18km/ltr (on avg speed 34km/h - measured over 15000km). Manufacturer's claimed is 20.4km/l (combined). I would say my driving pattern is 60/40 (hwg/city). And I turned off start-stop system. Also I am driving in dynamic mode. If I set drive to "efficiency" mode, I can easily get 19-20km/ltr.

And I can confidently say performance (city driving wise) beats most 1.6 or 2.0 NA cars.

Hi may I ask what is the FC that u r getting in dynamic mode for ur A3? Based on 60highway/40city. R u a heavy footer?

Dropped by the showroom today hoping to test drive the 1.5T.

Was told that I have to book a test drive in advance for it. WTH.

I do not even need to book a test drive in advance for merc.

Super turned off!

It was worse when this lady SE served me with zero sincerity.

I dropped by on sat afternoon because I had some time to kill. One of the SEs happily welcomed me, and asked which car I was interested in. I asked to test drive the civic turbo. What he said in response was simply out of this world: "civic turbo is in the workshop, not available for test drive on weekends. Only available on weekdays."

A few thoughts ran through my head at once - if even the test car also can end up in the workshop on a weekly basis, I don't know what to make of its reliability; or if KM purposely hid its test car on weekends, I don't know what to make of its sales strategy. Either case, it was not useful to clarify. I simply said thanks and left after spending less than a minute in the showroom.

↡ Advertisement