10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Are you serious... drive a few more weeks and you will forget you had the little chip and may not even be able to locate it lah.

I have driven car with bigger windscreen hole (caused by flying stone) for many years till scrap. As long as it doesn't spider web or get bigger, the glass is quite stable don't forget it has layers of strong laminate plastic within the glass.

Factory install is the best, after market replacement workmanship depends on your luck and prayer. Imagine one fine monsoon season, you suddenly find that your dashboard always wet wet at the cornet.... ho ho ho

So go repair it better la?

I notice some scratches across it. Maybe caused by the windscreen wiper. I think better go fix.

Who have tried Dr Glass or Glass Fix before?

Which one is better?

↡ Advertisement

In case bro DACH was not aware, windscreen is not screw down nicely onto a rubber seal. It is basically GLUED into place. In the factory a robot precisely applies the glue to the edges of the screen then swee swee puts it into the exact spot.

For workshop, they have to destroy the glue using electrical cutters or string cutters then try to clean up the residue. Glue is then applied using glue gun before trying to put it back agar agar... no matter how skilled - can't be as good as Honda's robots right?

• Praise 1

Just FYI

Had a crack on my own windscreen, showed the service guy at Kah, he said it's fine. And that was two years ago.. and my crack is much bigger..

In case bro DACH was not aware, windscreen is not screw down nicely onto a rubber seal. It is basically GLUED into place. In the factory a robot precisely applies the glue to the edges of the screen then swee swee puts it into the exact spot.

For workshop, they have to destroy the glue using electrical cutters or string cutters then try to clean up the residue. Glue is then applied using glue gun before trying to put it back agar agar... no matter how skilled - can't be as good as Honda's robots right?

I think I know what to do.  I thought authorised dealer workshop are pro. Turns out otherwise.

I think don't waste time go there liao. Go repair better.

But who tried Dr Glass or Glass Fix before?

Anyway for those bought the new Civic, your insurance is under Liberty Insurance? Got cover from 3rd party workshops?

Edited by DACH

Here's the pic.

https://flic.kr/p/QVUJsS

this type of stone chip cannot claim laa. its normal. unless got hairline crack. I had a few bigger ones on my previous ride 1st year liao. LLST. I rather not change cos once original is replaced, sure got issue. nothing happened for 5 years :a-good:

It's like playing photohunt. The difference is not obvious :)

But the FC1 Civic looks damn good even when stock.

Haha [:p] ..

The test is in the eating.. l guess..

As the shox is much firmer, it drives a tad differently.. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Disagree too!

although BMW working on hybrid, electric car, but its market share is much lower than Japanese makers,

and its cost, reliability is highly doubtful,

There were a few posts earlier about new tech.

I can't remember as I read this many months ago. Actually fuel cell and hybrid for BMW at least is sourced in collaboration with Toyota (in return Toyota uses some BMW diesel engines in Europe).

There are some claims that the i3 battery is actually based on the Prius one.

And BMW is collaborating with Toyota for the Z4/Supra successor. So now Japs and Germans are trying to be more like each other :)

Ya, I thought so too.

But asked the workshop. They said chip holes not covered. Unless really have hairline cracks, else cannot claim with excess. Insurance company cannot give me a definite answer unless they have the assessment report from workshop.

I asked a few driver friends and their insurance also works like that.

Chip holes not considered as damage meh? Quite dumb actually.

Usually for small chips insurance will not allow claim. However for cracks then sure can claim insurance (might need to pay windscreen access depending on policy).

So if really worry about the chip and need repair/replacement, I am sure the chip can "becomes a large crack"! [laugh]

Here's the pic.

https://flic.kr/p/QVUJsS

I don't think you can claim insurance for this.

If you repair,they will clear the hole and apply some liquid glass on it.After harden.it will look like a small water mark.

If you change windscreen call your insurance first.Take a photo of the damage windscreen and send to them.After they make arrangement,you can go straight to the workshop to change and takes around 2 to 3 hrs to complete.

Two of the above I did before.

Don't worry about leaking,at least mine don't have such problem.

Just realized this new Civic does not have door auto lock when driving and you have to lock manually... [thumbsdown]

Although I had not try it and the manual stated depending on model, do explore under door/window setting in the info screen

Don't be surprise on the price tag if car comes when it arrives, may be more than $200K if COE maintains at $50-55k. The FK2R now already selling $180-190K. Car sure good but the price hahahaha

Reported -

"What: Civic Type R

When: Q3

How much: $210,000 with COE (est.)

Add power, subtract weight, sharpen the suspension: What sensible driving enthusiast with petrol in his veins could possibly take issue with Hondaâs âType Râ philosophy? The Type R is officially still in the prototype stages of its development, so we donât know exactly how much it will have under the bonnet, but it will have at least 310 horsepower and a lowered, stiffened suspension set-up to take advantage. The blistered arches of the concept car reveal a wider track, too.

The Type R approach also entails pruning the unnecessary, which tells you that the rear wing and the triple-pipe exhaust arenât there for looks. Very likely, theyâll do something good for you laptimes. Speaking of which, Honda says it wants its Nürburgring Nordschlieffe lap record for production front wheel-drive cars back (from Volkswagen), so when you can finally buy a Civic Type R, itâll be one with some pedigree from the outset.

It may cost more than $200K, double the price of FD2R civic type R 10 years ago !!!

For $200k range car, I think if monthly pay not $5k or more can forget it, sure can't afford. I think $5k monthly pay also quite tough. Estimated base on $120k loan X 7 years, monthly $1.8k to near $2K monthly installments..WOW !!!!! Car price double but our pay no double leh !!!!! Haizzzzzz...singapore

FAINTTTTTTTTzzzzz

Bro, 5k wanna buy 200k car? Frankly even 10k pa will be a stretch.

And to afford that down payment of 80k, how many years must that guy save out of his 4k take home pay to accumulate?

Maybe someone earning 200k pa can comfortably afford a 200k car.

Yes bro, agree. Talking is free, buy is very easy. But, when we sit down and do the calculation sums. Can really fall off the chair and faint.

Car price assume $200K

Down payment 40% at $80K ( can trade in car to offset, balance top up cash )

Take loan $120K, assume interest 2.5% per annum, take 7 years.

This works to slightly below $2K monthly installments, rough calculations $1.7k - 1.8K

Exclude petrol, insurance, road tax ( maybe 1st year free ), maintenance, tyres etc..

If I am not mistaken, a brand new C class mercedes or 5 series costs in range from $130+ K ??? in 2008-2009. Now $130K only can buy normal CIvic. Zzzzzzz

I think, basically car prices have doubled ( x 2 ) from about 10 years back. Salary & Pay no go up double lehhhhhh !!!! Haizzzz

Welcome to the new age SG, market now is different from 10 years ago.

Trade in car to offset... No way.

For someone earning 5k, he needs a big overtrade amount to even breakeven and redeem his loan for his existing car.

He will still need to fork out the full 80k dp.

Which is why people who buy new car now, must be those who are earning much more than that.

Yes bro, agree. Talking is free, buy is very easy. But, when we sit down and do the calculation sums. Can really fall off the chair and faint.

Car price assume $200K

Down payment 40% at $80K ( can trade in car to offset, balance top up cash )

Take loan $120K, assume interest 2.5% per annum, take 7 years.

This works to slightly below $2K monthly installments, rough calculations $1.7k - 1.8K

Exclude petrol, insurance, road tax ( maybe 1st year free ), maintenance, tyres etc..

If I am not mistaken, a brand new C class mercedes or 5 series costs in range from $130+ K ??? in 2008-2009. Now $130K only can buy normal CIvic. Zzzzzzz

I think, basically car prices have doubled ( x 2 ) from about 10 years back. Salary & Pay no go up double lehhhhhh !!!! Haizzzz

Welcome to the new age SG, market now is different from 10 years ago.

Basically, everything in Singapore goes up in price. 

Either migrate or don't have children, else very hard to live comfortably here. True for now, even harder truth in future.

Take home 4k buy car?

A 100k vezel for eg will eat around 1.4k from installment, insurance, petrol, parking, erp at the very least.

Left 2.6k. Need to jiak png during lunch time, give parents pocket money, household utility expenses, phone bills, groceries and saving for rainy days.

In this current climate, esp, pls dun self sabotage or plant ideas into those siao kia want yearns for new car. Take uber or cab better when needed. Else bmw. Dun be a slave to ur car. Afterall it cease to exist in 10 yrs time. Rather u save and get an apt, assuming u are on the upwards trajectory of ur career.

But then it is not my money to burn

• Praise 2

I guess it's all up to individual preferences. Some people only need the car for their daily lives since they already have a roof over them, while some don't.

Regardless of which big items you buy, house and car, you are already a slave under it once you sign the dotted line.

Just be prudent in your spendings. Lunch time can eat in kopi tiam then don't everyday eat in restaurants.

Unless you are the uber rich, keep yourself within a house and a car will do. Most likely you can live decently and comfortably with your needs in your life.

↡ Advertisement