10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Went to check out the civics yesterday, SE told me 1.5T certain colors have stock can get in July but 1.6 need to wait.

Currently, driving a 2009 FD1 and was told the trade in price is different for 1.5 and 1.6...was offered 27k if get 1.5T, I checked sgcarmart, the prices are higher, about 34-35k (of course need to minus a few k since seller already marked up for buyer to nego), so is 27k reasonable and is it a norm the trade in price varies depending on the model ?

↡ Advertisement

Went to check out the civics yesterday, SE told me 1.5T certain colors have stock can get in July but 1.6 need to wait.

Currently, driving a 2009 FD1 and was told the trade in price is different for 1.5 and 1.6...was offered 27k if get 1.5T, I checked sgcarmart, the prices are higher, about 34-35k (of course need to minus a few k since seller already marked up for buyer to nego), so is 27k reasonable and is it a norm the trade in price varies depending on the model ?

Is there any additional trade in discount if u trade in ur FD to KM? If not, I think u can try selling it urself to direct buyers. There wasn't additional trade in discount for me when I bought the civic, so I sold my previous car myself to a direct buyer, and got a few k more than what KM offered. But I had to spend some time for the car viewing and ownership transfer. As to whether the trade in price varies according to model, I am not sure of that.

Is there any additional trade in discount if u trade in ur FD to KM? If not, I think u can try selling it urself to direct buyers. There wasn't additional trade in discount for me when I bought the civic, so I sold my previous car myself to a direct buyer, and got a few k more than what KM offered. But I had to spend some time for the car viewing and ownership transfer. As to whether the trade in price varies according to model, I am not sure of that.

yup additional 1 k for kah motor civic trade in and 1k for car color, dunno what is that as I just wanted to look look see see, so never ask in details and what are the freebies.

Still considering to drive the FD1 till 2019, or change before they remove the CEVS 5k rebate next year.

Hi,

I'm currently considering between 1.6 or 1.5T but leaning towards the 1.5T version as the 1.6 seems a lot more pricey compared to the other cars in the same segment which offers more features, and price difference of 19K for the 1.5T seems more bang for the buck.

However, I visited the showroom last week and was surprised that my SE highly recommended the 1.6 version, claiming that its selling a lot better than the 1.5T. I'm a bit skeptical as I've been seeing more 1.5T on the road since its release. My SE could be doing me the favour of helping me save the 19K, as the more powerful turbo engine isn't important to me. And I've set my decision on buying a Civic but paying 10K more than a Mazda 3 doesn't seem to be a justifiable price at all.

While I'm not quite sold by my SE recommendations but can anyone share if there are any known issues with the 1.5T? or does my SE stand to gain more for selling the 1.6?

Maybe they trying to clear 1.6 stock ASAP?

Hi,

I'm currently considering between 1.6 or 1.5T but leaning towards the 1.5T version as the 1.6 seems a lot more pricey compared to the other cars in the same segment which offers more features, and price difference of 19K for the 1.5T seems more bang for the buck.

However, I visited the showroom last week and was surprised that my SE highly recommended the 1.6 version, claiming that its selling a lot better than the 1.5T. I'm a bit skeptical as I've been seeing more 1.5T on the road since its release. My SE could be doing me the favour of helping me save the 19K, as the more powerful turbo engine isn't important to me. And I've set my decision on buying a Civic but paying 10K more than a Mazda 3 doesn't seem to be a justifiable price at all.

While I'm not quite sold by my SE recommendations but can anyone share if there are any known issues with the 1.5T? or does my SE stand to gain more for selling the 1.6?

If the turbo is not important to you, then why pay $19k more for it. And, if you already think the extra 10k for the 1.6 Civic over the Mazda 3 (which you also say has more features) seems pricey, then perhaps the Mazda 3 might be the best choice of the three (Ok, I note, you said you've already decided on buying a civic, so ignore that last sentence about considering the Mazda :-)).  But seriously, I personally wouldn't pay the princely sum of 19 extra k for something that isn't important to me. 

If the turbo is not important to you, then why pay $19k more for it. And, if you already think the extra 10k for the 1.6 Civic over the Mazda 3 (which you also say has more features) seems pricey, then perhaps the Mazda 3 might be the best choice of the three (Ok, I note, you said you've already decided on buying a civic, so ignore that last sentence about considering the Mazda :-)). But seriously, I personally wouldn't pay the princely sum of 19 extra k for something that isn't important to me.

The $19k more isn't just for the turbo. There are other additional features in the turbo trim over the NA one, such as the number of air bags, lane watch camera, etc.

The $19k more isn't just for the turbo. There are other additional features in the turbo trim over the NA one, such as the number of air bags, lane watch camera, etc.

You're absolutely right. I just checked the specs and realized the 1.6 only come with 2 airbags. That would be a deal breaker for me on any car.

(edited)

Noticed in JB, most of the civic i saw is turbo(by the badge behind)... And some are fitted with bodykit.

Can go in jb zheng Liao lol

Edited by Dannnn

The extra 19k pays for a lot more. Without these, the 1.6 has large size on its side but compared to the new Corolla, the Mazda and the Korean options, its expensive and has less features. Ymmv

• Praise 1

Had exactly the same dilemma between A3 and Civic too. A3 is definitely very shiok to drive when compared to Civics 1.6. Can really feel the difference especially after you test drive both car after one another. But just when I was about to commit on A3, I began to read up a lot of really terrible experience from A3 owners regarding frequent visit to workshop, cranky gearbox, jerking car. In the end, I decided to renew my current Civic FD1 since the new 1.6 cannot satisfy me in terms of the power, A3 has so many problems, the new civic 1.5T feel very noisy especially when the turbo kicks in and most importantly my current 2008 FD1 is still serving me well!

• Praise 2

yup additional 1 k for kah motor civic trade in and 1k for car color, dunno what is that as I just wanted to look look see see, so never ask in details and what are the freebies.

Still considering to drive the FD1 till 2019, or change before they remove the CEVS 5k rebate next year.

The 1K colour discount is depending on their stock availability, say if they got enuff stock or that particular colour ain't selling that well, then they will give a so called colour discount. That's according to the salesperson, but in my own opinion they just using psychology technique to let you feel that buying now is a good time before the colour stock runs out and u lose 1K that's all.

Turbocharged

Had exactly the same dilemma between A3 and Civic too. A3 is definitely very shiok to drive when compared to Civics 1.6. Can really feel the difference especially after you test drive both car after one another. But just when I was about to commit on A3, I began to read up a lot of really terrible experience from A3 owners regarding frequent visit to workshop, cranky gearbox, jerking car. In the end, I decided to renew my current Civic FD1 since the new 1.6 cannot satisfy me in terms of the power, A3 has so many problems, the new civic 1.5T feel very noisy especially when the turbo kicks in and most importantly my current 2008 FD1 is still serving me well!

i didnt test drive the A3 but the feel itself and the finishes and the festures are really something. I did test drive the civic, i find the drive acceptable and the suspension quite 'hard'. what stopped me are the finishes, features and the tail light. But this is just my personal opinion. 

• Praise 1

i didnt test drive the A3 but the feel itself and the finishes and the festures are really something. I did test drive the civic, i find the drive acceptable and the suspension quite 'hard'. what stopped me are the finishes, features and the tail light. But this is just my personal opinion. 

I had the exact same feeing too, feel kinda plastic cheap looking inside. compare to audi feel when in the driver seat, somehow got a feeling like driving a futuristic car.

I had the exact same feeing too, feel kinda plastic cheap looking inside. compare to audi feel when in the driver seat, somehow got a feeling like driving a futuristic car.

:a-m1212:

Just got my ride, wife complianed that the front seat too low on my 1.6. Anyway to install height adjuster? Or just simplity mount the chair higher by an to 2 inches

Just got my ride, wife complianed that the front seat too low on my 1.6. Anyway to install height adjuster? Or just simplity mount the chair higher by an to 2 inches

Change the wife

That's my thoughts as well when I saw the Civic at the showroom n confirmed during car expo. Just too low though it shld make handling, cornering better n also more planted. Think the low stance also caused the rear floor not to be flat anymore which is a pity as it was a plus point on the previous models.

I don't think u can do anything about this anymore.

• Praise 3

This was one big reason I didn't get the car, didn't you sit in it?

You can add something under the seat and remount it but the height will be greatly reduced and it may not be safe.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1