10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Anybody knows where can we get the shell helix ultra motor oil 0w-30 for 1.5T servicing? Seems like most places and workshops don't hold this and it will cost a bomb to go back to km every 5000km for servicing. Thanks

happen to find one outside the workshop, check the opening is foil-sealed after the the cap!

the tone color of oil has a difference and usually cost almost half of the price cheaper

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Anybody knows where can we get the shell helix ultra motor oil 0w-30 for 1.5T servicing? Seems like most places and workshops don't hold this and it will cost a bomb to go back to km every 5000km for servicing. Thanks

FYI, Civic L15B7 engine needs 0W-20. 30wt oil is still too thick

Read your owner's manual please. In Thailand and Bolehland, their Honda dealership stocked up Honda brand 0W-20 syn oil to svcs their Civic 1.5T

0W-20 is the norm now. Please don't listen to those workshop myth that u need super thick oil in hot weather blah blah blah. You try pouring 40 wt oil into the engine and see if it will run or not

And Shell Ultra is one of the worst syn oil on the market... poor cleaning properties

buy you 0W-20 oil here

http://mxtradings.com/

Read your owner's manual please. In Thailand and Bolehland, their Honda dealership stocked up Honda brand 0W-20 syn oil to svcs their Civic 1.5T

0W-20 is the norm now. Please don't listen to those workshop myth that u need super thick oil in hot weather blah blah blah. You try pouring 40 wt oil into the engine and see if it will run or not

And Shell Ultra is one of the worst syn oil on the market... poor cleaning properties

buy you 0W-20 oil here

1.6 NA required 0w30..., stated in manual and double checked with SE during my 10k servicing.

If u used a thicker oil, I think it still run, but it will result in lesser power due to higher viscosity..

Rules of thumb is always follow the manual, regardless..

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

I am planning to buy civic 1.6 but I am not good at bargaining. So given the listed price in sgcarmart for civic 1.6 is 107999, can I know what could be the actual price I can get in the shop?

Thx in advanced.

I am planning to buy civic 1.6 but I am not good at bargaining. So given the listed price in sgcarmart for civic 1.6 is 107999, can I know what could be the actual price I can get in the shop?

Thx in advanced.

When I placed the order for 1.6 at jul 16, the price on paper is 110,999 but given a 1k discount.

The SE told me the discount is by KM..

Thus, I think price discount is by KM while SE will give more freebies...

Not sure if u can get any discount if u reject all freebies offered...

Just go down to KM and asked ba...

Neutral Newbie

When I placed the order for 1.6 at jul 16, the price on paper is 110,999 but given a 1k discount.

The SE told me the discount is by KM..

Thus, I think price discount is by KM while SE will give more freebies...

Not sure if u can get any discount if u reject all freebies offered...

Just go down to KM and asked ba...

You mean there will be no more bargaining space? Can only negotiate for freebies=

Thanks Zerobim08.

Noted on your point that turbos don't necessarily need to service more often.

Ya, got free servicing from Kah Motors so will just send the car in. I need to service with Kah to maintain the warranty as well.

Again, if anyone has experience with the servicing frequency of their 1.5T, do share. Thanks all.

Isn't the 3 year free servicing every 10k till 60k or 3 years? Would Kah Motor change your engine oil earlier than 10k?

buy you 0W-20 oil here

KM servicing for 1.5T is using 0w-30 now. Currently following their advice to avoid voiding of warranty.
  • Dislike 1

You mean there will be no more bargaining space? Can only negotiate for freebies=

Don't think so much, go down and see what the SE got to offer. If the SE sense that you are sincere in committing, he or she will usually know what to do. However, if you are not comfortable with the deal, you can always choose to walk away.

Supersonic

Got display in showroom?

Went to both showrooms for the past weekends.

No display car yet.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My friend got a free mat, Rikecool, 2 channel car cam for 1.5T. No GPS!

Got the same stuff few days ago.

Think the model is moving quite easily so SEs no incentive to give more freebies or discounts. 

• Praise 1

(edited)

Think the model is moving quite easily so SEs no incentive to give more freebies or discounts. 

yeah, 1.6 have to wait till Nov for stocks!

1.5T no color 1K discount for the blue & white, but 1K off for red. 

Edited by Vinepro

Sometimes must see whether you got trade in old car, take loan and insurance, if have all the above then SE probably have higher commission from the deal which means more accessories. Cash discount hard to get
  • Praise 1

Does the 1.6NA come with auto lock and remote boot release ?  Thanks

Yes. First batch of civic x doesn't come with auto lock I think.

↡ Advertisement