10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Hi, Iâm getting my 10th gen civic in about 2 months time. During test drive, I checked out the car audio via Bluetooth - it doesnât so great leh. Any comment? Has anyone change the speakers or the entire ICE?

You risk voiding the electrical warranty on the car if you do that
↡ Advertisement

Fuel consumption for Civic 1.6NA around 12km/l based on 50% city 50% highway.

Thanks bro!

17" sport rims seems more suited for Civic. If fuel consumption is not too much affected, may consider changing to 17" rims if i get the Civic.  

Supersonic

Hi, I’m getting my 10th gen civic in about 2 months time. During test drive, I checked out the car audio via Bluetooth - it doesn’t so great leh. Any comment? Has anyone change the speakers or the entire ICE?

I advise not to change to avoid voiding the warranty. 

Hi all,

I am sure this has been covered in this thread before.

Anyone with real life driving fuel consumption for Civic 1.6 to share?

Thanks in advance!

About 12 to 14 km/l.. odo once reach aorund 430+ low fuel light come out.

I guess that's why PHV not interested in this civic 1.6, even when it desperately priced it near to Altis.

Noted. Thanks.

That's true. Was not considering the Civic 1.6 because of the seat and high transmission tunnel (no longer flat floor for rear passenger). Am coming to terms with the tunnel. But the low seating position is really hard to get use to. Shall see how...

For driver, not sure will suffer knees problem after driving it for many years...sometimes my right leg knee aching after 1 hour drive....anyone face this issue?
  • Praise 1

Hi, I’m getting my 10th gen civic in about 2 months time. During test drive, I checked out the car audio via Bluetooth - it doesn’t so great leh. Any comment? Has anyone change the speakers or the entire ICE?

yes, some change... and this is a chicken and egg thingy

'if u mod, dont scare'

Recommendation is to get a reputed / trusted workshop to do it...

if u change speakers, u need to re-wire or get those adapters for your speakers and u can keep the original wiring running from doors to cabin.

I guess that's why PHV not interested in this civic 1.6, even when it desperately priced it near to Altis.

For driver, not sure will suffer knees problem after driving it for many years...sometimes my right leg knee aching after 1 hour drive....anyone face this issue?

nope... maybe u have long legs and your thighs are not planted to the seats?

what I am doing now for elderly to sit on the front passenger seat put this hard cushion from Seahorse about 2" so not to sag easily as a support.

how does it look like?

Thanks bro!

17" sport rims seems more suited for Civic. If fuel consumption is not too much affected, may consider changing to 17" rims if i get the Civic.  

yes, the body is big, 17" is nice but 18" shall be the best for the civic

• Praise 1

Thanks bro!

Low fuel light come out at 430km; FC is high, even after taking out the remaining fuel left after the lights come on for the fuel tank of 47 litres (based on specs).

• Praise 1

Nice but the headroom of the civic isn't that high... will work if you are around Frodo's height... my head brushes against the roof even the chair isn't at the highest position..

Nice but the headroom of the civic isn't that high... will work if you are around Frodo's height... my head brushes against the roof even the chair isn't at the highest position..

Yah, this Civic headroom is much lower due to the low profile styling. My current FD allow me to max the seating height and still have some headroom.  

Looks like i may need to get the 1.5 Turbo with sunroof.... driving with my head sticking out... [laugh]

Supersonic

Yah, this Civic headroom is much lower due to the low profile styling. My current FD allow me to max the seating height and still have some headroom.  

Looks like i may need to get the 1.5 Turbo with sunroof.... driving with my head sticking out... [laugh]

Then you need to install a higher hollow bar spacer.  :XD:

yes, some change... and this is a chicken and egg thingy

'if u mod, dont scare'

Recommendation is to get a reputed / trusted workshop to do it...

if u change speakers, u need to re-wire or get those adapters for your speakers and u can keep the original wiring running from doors to cabin.

nope... maybe u have long legs and your thighs are not planted to the seats?

how does it look like?

yes, the body is big, 17" is nice but 18" shall be the best for the civic

Haha, you're right, my leg too long.

Can only move seat further back, steering wheel extended to the max.

same here! i do get knee aches or rather the knees feel sore after prolong driving.

Haha, you're right, my leg too long.

Can only move seat further back, steering wheel extended to the max.

I am afraid the seating position of the Civic isn't so suitable..

perhaps at your next car change, you can consider a MPV or SUV?

Pay close attention to those with extendable seat cushions, good thigh and lumbar support..

Cheers

Neutral Newbie

Good Day, those who has purchased the car and wish to join our CIVIC X SG owner club please register at our website at www.civicx.sg.

Those who are still waiting or deciding on getting the Civic FC, you can join our open chat for discussion. our admins and members will try our best to answer your questions.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/GzB1MUL2OW1Iyr0BN5R4g3

China consumers request to refund money, as 1.5T engine (CRV and CIVIC)petrol diluted engine oil to increase oil level, Dongfeng-Honda said there is no solution unless redesign the fuel injection angle, which means engine body design(1.5T) wrongly, it is worldwide problem

Edited by MQX87511