10th Generation Honda Civic (2016)

Carbon82

Haha.. MIT cibic at ~150k piece any buyer?...

Don't find altis omv much lower wor... You sure they calculate the conversion correctly?... Hehe...

i bought MIT accord for 10k more  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Haha.. MIT cibic at ~150k piece any buyer?...

Don't find altis omv much lower wor... You sure they calculate the conversion correctly?... Hehe...

You are right MIT cars esp from Toyota n Honda are not cheap esp when compared to the MIJ Mazda n Mitsubishi cars. Guess the lower costs to manufacture in Thailand goes directly to the manufacturers pockets rather than to the consumers n they get away with it cos of their branding!

• Praise 11

Finally the Ah Beng CIVIC has an executive look, unlike the one I own in 1999 to 2002.

Just the right car for me in a downturn economy and COE in my current car less than 6 more months go.  I ll get this and put a big TURBO sticker on the driver's side door.  Well done Honda.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

still think FD was the best, followed by EK.

this one have to wait for it be available for viewing and test drive.

same taste.  :a-m1212:

20150804_181153a_zpsywmsshmn.jpg

my next civic would be a FD if my son doesn't want to drive my ah pek chia.  :a-m1524:

• Praise 1

I can only hope we get the Touring model

And price it at <$110k

The HD radio is useless in SG... we don't have any HD audio broadcast. The now dead DAB is not counted

if its <$110k, altis/Jetta/Mz3 can close shop liao in SIngapore  :a-aggressive:

• Praise 2

As I read, the price should be close to existing 9th Civic or slightly higher.

It cannot price way above the current civic price as Honda will only suffer compare to Toyota altis & Mazda 3.

Price tag must be competitive for Honda to win market share. This is the only chance for 10th gen Civic to win the market share.

KAH to bring the 1.5Turbo is definitely a clever & strategic move. This will be the winner choice for both MY & SG in 2016

Let see how KAH will introduce the Civic in near future. I hope to see one at the SG motor show 2016.

Hope to see the 2016 Type R too

if its <$110k, altis/Jetta/Mz3 can close shop liao in SIngapore  :a-aggressive:

given KH always going for high margin profit, i guess, will be no less than 130k.

• Praise 1

Hmm... wondering where are all those who complain about TC engines reliability and maintenance cost?? Where are they?? Or is it suddenly they've all been converted just because it's Honda, even if TC is still relatively new to Honda cars?

Anyway, it looks great both interior and exterior compare to the current model, really sucks. Spec looks exciting minus the CVT. I'm quite sure they'll move away from this cost-cutting measure of using CVT in the next few years. Hopefully they'll launch they next gen. Odyssey with 2.0T and 6 or 8 speed, it'll be my first choice for sure.

Turbocharged

This Honda Civic unlikely to be produce or sold in Japan. This coming weekend will start the Tokyo Motor Show 2015. From the brochure list, there is no showcase of this Civic at the Honda booth. Only the new hatch-back civic type-R and the coming super car NSX will headline the booth. The rest got fit, shuttle, vezel, step wgn, etc.

NO HONDA CIVIC AT ALL.....  [:(]

So you can be sure the Civic we are going to get, won't be from Japan.

Honda has not sold a MIJ Civic since the FD (8th Gen). 9th Gen which is the current version is MIT.

So no turning back n I guess we'll get the MIT version when this 10th Gen version comes to our shores.

The 9th Gen didn't sell well n guess this 10th Gen version has a lot riding on its shoulders esp since it will be the first turbo Civic ever made n being the household name it is, it could propel Honda back to the top of the charts where they once reigned! I'm looking forward to its arrival n hope it doesn't disappoint the thousands of Honda fans!!

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

This being the case, SG will only get the MIT Civic since US and Ch produce only LHD cars.

Actually, there's still alot of factories around the world producing bread n butter car. Around our region already got Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand and even Malaysia assembling their own for local market. Only tiny red dot import cars from overseas. So we grew up thinking cars from specific country brand comes only from specific country - which is not true.

This Honda Civic unlikely to be produce or sold in Japan. This coming weekend will start the Tokyo Motor Show 2015. From the brochure list, there is no showcase of this Civic at the Honda booth. Only the new hatch-back civic type-R and the coming super car NSX will headline the booth. The rest got fit, shuttle, vezel, step wgn, etc.

NO HONDA CIVIC AT ALL.....  [:(]

So you can be sure the Civic we are going to get, won't be from Japan.

Oh I am sad. I think PI will cry! :a-m1524:

Saw the article on 10th gen Civic Hatchback from UK is more interesting.

1.5TC is producing 201hp on hatchback type (replica of Type R)

1.0TC (3 cylinder) is producing 127hp

PI should get from UK sure selling fast. This is so wonderful now

• Praise 2

Saw the article on 10th gen Civic Hatchback from UK is more interesting.

1.5TC is producing 201hp on hatchback type (replica of Type R)

1.0TC (3 cylinder) is producing 127hp

PI should get from UK sure selling fast. This is so wonderful now

That 1litre TC at 127hp falls nicely into out Cat A so I'll be surprised if Kah doesn't bring this in as well though the main model should be the 1.5l TC.

• Praise 3

If the current outgoing civic is still selling at 120+, I suspect the price of new civic is going to be steep.

Highly possible in the 140+ range, similar range with Mz6 2.5, and perhaps 20K lower than Accord.

Honestly, at this range, there are many options available.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1