• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
173 replies to this topic | 571 praises

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:03 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Paid a visit to the newish NTUC warehouse at Joo Koon.  Located right next to Joo Koon MRT station, an easy drive with ample parking.  Decided to visit because a friend told us that they had interesting things on sale, though we had to buy membership.  Ended up we bought membership - usually $35 for a year but because this was SG50, it is now $35 for 2 years, for NTUC members.

The place is indeed quite big and sells many interesting stuff in larger sizes, that you can't find at the normal NTUC outlets.  Ok, enough words.  Let my videos do the talking.

The place is big. 

If you like chips, you can get them here in big bags

For the stuff that are heavily marked down, like under huge discounts, be sure to check the expiry date.  They usually will expire quite soon. 

Since we bought membership, we are likely to go there again.  My wife wants to buy some chips for her friends.  They make cool party gifts. 

Edited by Boringchap, 17 September 2015 - 09:03 PM.

Mustank, FourZero and Tianmo praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:19 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

looks like Big Box at Jurong East ...

BBS no need to become member to buy

Benarsenal and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:55 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

NTUC warehouse just another big box. Not really practical if your family size is not big, cause most items there are in large size or quantity.

1 Anonymous member praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 09:59 PM

Boringchap
  • Boringchap
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Oh yes, I got this lager from NTUC warehouse.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:39 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Need membership to buy is a sure to fail business model .  They just want to sound atas and exclusive that's all.  I will never pay a membership to buy things.

Blackyv, Lala81, Tianmo, Vid, Hiphiphoray, Kerwen, F355 and 2 other members praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:42 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Paid a visit to the newish NTUC warehouse at Joo Koon.  Located right next to Joo Koon MRT station, an easy drive with ample parking.  Decided to visit because a friend told us that they had interesting things on sale, though we had to buy membership.  Ended up we bought membership - usually $35 for a year but because this was SG50, it is now $35 for 2 years, for NTUC members.

The place is indeed quite big and sells many interesting stuff in larger sizes, that you can't find at the normal NTUC outlets.  Ok, enough words.  Let my videos do the talking.

The place is big. 

If you like chips, you can get them here in big bags

For the stuff that are heavily marked down, like under huge discounts, be sure to check the expiry date.  They usually will expire quite soon. 

Since we bought membership, we are likely to go there again.  My wife wants to buy some chips for her friends.  They make cool party gifts. 

Thanks for the effort [thumbsup]

1 Anonymous member praised this
focus

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:52 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Need membership to buy is a sure to fail business model .  They just want to sound atas and exclusive that's all.  I will never pay a membership to buy things.

Like bank asking me to pay annual fee for credit card; as when I'm using, I'm already making money for them.

I ask them to keep their credit card.

Hiphiphoray, F355, Solar and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went once - only saw a few ang moh aunties buying to feed their section/platoon at home.

Really quiet and out of the way,  With petrol so expensive, I think only Jurong West residents would go, membership fees aside.

Mercs and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

not for me, dun believe in paying membership to buy things!

Anyway thanks for the video effort.

Albeniz and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Went once - only saw a few ang moh aunties buying to feed their section/platoon at home.

Really quiet and out of the way,  With petrol so expensive, I think only Jurong West residents would go, membership fees aside.

Membership fee may work it if offers substantial discount.

I remember walking into Sam's Club in USA.

Just looking at some painkiller and it's like 1/4 regular price.

That's the kind of discount that membership should bring.

Albeniz praised this

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:00 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reminds of decades ago when IMM also have such business model when they first opened here, need membership to buy things.

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think at that time IMM didn't have a retail licence due to URA planning restrictions (not like now with Capita land being the new owner), so "membership" was a workaround.....ie loophole.

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:05 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Knn sibei ulu b

Go all the way there. Little bit further reach JB Liao.

Lagi cheaper! Lol
RadX, Tianmo, Hiphiphoray, Fishy, Christan, Berncsp76, RH1667 and 2 other members praised this
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:18 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

go big box better

got bridge to other malls

things more fresh

not that far

moreover in front my house ald got NTUC

Vid and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

Toothiewabbit
  • Premium member
    Toothiewabbit
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Midnight at Nex FairPrice Xtra is goode enuf for me, veri relacing :D
Jamesc, Sunny, Tianmo, Vid and RH1667 praised this

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:29 AM

Karoon
  • Premium member
    Karoon
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Knn sibei ulu b

Go all the way there. Little bit further reach JB Liao.

Lagi cheaper! Lol

yep that's exactly what happened to me.

reached there 8pm + on weekday, struck me that its so close to 2nd link, checked tuas cam, and off I went :D

Vid praised this

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hibeam2
  • Hibeam2
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Costco is doing well, though their model may not take off in Singapore.

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:13 AM

Shorty
  • Premium member
    Shorty
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not all the things r cheaper. So we must know wat to buy. For example, 30pcs eggs selling ard $5. Whereas i can get it for below $4 at giant. But the onions, potatoes r cheaper if buyer in the big packet. Gd if cook everyday.

Shell helix ultra selling at 40+ now.
Albeniz praised this
Don't Give Up Hope...No Matter How Hopeless U Are...
Psn id: STR8_ACE07
super noobie

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Jokes aside.

Actually Not that cheap. The

membership thingy really put me off.
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Not all the things r cheaper. So we must know wat to buy. For example, 30pcs eggs selling ard $5. Whereas i can get it for below $4 at giant. But the onions, potatoes r cheaper if buyer in the big packet. Gd if cook everyday.

Shell helix ultra selling at 40+ now.

Yeah, I just bought SHU at Giant recently for $39.

Edited by Kb27, 18 September 2015 - 08:39 AM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users