NTUC Warehouse at Joo Koon

Boringchap

We took a long walk around the warehouse to convince ourselves that the $35 for 2 years would be worth it.

What tipped the scales for us was that they sold goods that we can't find in their normal stores. See the video I made to get an idea. That is why we bought membership.

On top of that, I think we will visit the place once in a while since there is a nice and large food court there, so we can settle a meal too.

But don't take my word or video for it. Go visit to check it out for yourself.

Disclaimer - I don't work for NTUC.

We took a long walk around the warehouse to convince ourselves that the $35 for 2 years would be worth it.

What tipped the scales for us was that they sold goods that we can't find in their normal stores. See the video I made to get an idea. That is why we bought membership.

On top of that, I think we will visit the place once in a while since there is a nice and large food court there, so we can settle a meal too.

Agree with you on the things that cant be bought else where in singapore, such as the kettle chips, my favourite, even iherb also got limited sizes.

But the membership really turn off, still dare call themselves FAIR price? Pui! Jin fair meh? Should call unfair price.

Thanks for the effort though!

Edited by GLZT
  • Praise 1

Agree with you on the things that cant be bought else where in singapore, such as the kettle chips, my favourite, even iherb also got limited sizes.

But the membership really turn off, still dare call themselves FAIR price? Pui! Jin fair meh? Should call unfair price.

Thanks for the effort though!

I also don't know why they want to do this membership thingy, other than to collect more $$.

However, I forgot to add, with my $35 payment for membership, they gave me 3 X $5 vouchers. Each $5 voucher can be used for minimum $50 purchase. So on our first trip, we managed to use up all our vouchers, i.e. we spent more than $150..

Don't know if they are still giving vouchers.

Useful if cooking everyday. Will probably shop there if no membership fee. Lol.

Whether have membership or not, this place is only suitable for people who either stay near that area or have a car which don't mind driving there.

Whether have membership or not, this place is only suitable for people who either stay near that area or have a car which don't mind driving there.

Yeah. Luckily I stay in Bishan which is not too far. Don't really need to drive since its quite near a MRT station. Currently take train with my family to bigbox once every 2 weeks to shop for groceries. If no membership fees then we'll try out the NTUC warehouse.

• Praise 1

And the car has the boot space of a lorry. [laugh]

• Praise 2

Yeah. Luckily I stay in Bishan which is not too far. Don't really need to drive since its quite near a MRT station. Currently take train with my family to bigbox once every 2 weeks to shop for groceries. If no membership fees then we'll try out the NTUC warehouse.

If take mrt cannot buy too many stuff, troublesome to carry. Lol.

• Praise 1

Great idea !

Now every business can turn their warehouse into a membership collection outlet.

Mustafa also have a warehouse at Paya lebar.

They also started to sell their items at the warehouse area.

(For members only. But their membership is FREE. I think this is a loophole)

But dont know what happen, they had to STOP doing it.

Maybe someone red eye or due to some license not approve.

• Praise 2

My friend who have the membership brought me in...okay only eh. Not worth it to sign up for the membership I feel. Price wise...also not as competitive as I would like for such location and concept.

• Praise 1

Membership fees are a huge turnoff. Location wise only attracts those staying along Jurong West area. Even ppl staying at Jurong East will find it far. If you calculate the little savings and time to commute, definitely not worth it.

Precisely, they will survive beta than BIG BOX... Fairprice has about 120 outlets, 160 convenience stores... anytime just transfer to them or beta still, recall all items due to expire from outlets and convenience stores then sell it at HUGH discount at their warehouse... [sly][lipsrsealed]

I'm confused why big box is allowed there.

Its a prime area, supposed to be a biz hub, lots of offices nearby, yet huuuge space allocated for car and truck parking so ppl can buy groceries

membership fee started off at $50, then dropped to $35 for ntuc member and it was still the same 2 weeks ago when i visited and I almost signed up. luckily stopped by wify. now dropped further to $35 for 2 years.... guess, it will be $0 for existing ntuc member eventually.... haha, shall wait...

for non ntuc member I think still $50?...........i was there 1 month ago...........borrowed card from friend............i think just borrow from friends when want to go buy there........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 2

No. They buy in bulk.

you sld try doing business with them...............then come back here and edit your post............dont give textbook reply lah.........

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 1

I have been there a few times............is correct they sell certain things cannot be found else where in SG...........and certain things are cheaper............but that's about it.........as for size I dont think it is really big........it is 2 levels.......open concept and high ceilings making ppl feel it is big............

jusco and tesco is not too far away in bukit indiah............and many thing there I found is imported from tesco UK........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

sheng siong diner card give 5% rebate on your next purchase..........i find end up cheaper............

• Praise 2

I'm confused why big box is allowed there.

Its a prime area, supposed to be a biz hub, lots of offices nearby, yet huuuge space allocated for car and truck parking so ppl can buy groceries

Big Box seems very quiet on the 3- 4 times I have been there. Gets me have a feeling 70% they won't last long.

for the reason why they got the site.......http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/industrial/largest-warehouse-retail-mall-to-open-in-q4/a/156737.

Big Box will be the last and largest project built under the Economic Development Board's Warehouse Retail Scheme introduced in 2004. The other three are Ikea, Courts and Giant, all in Tampines. The scheme allows industrial land to be used for retail and warehousing.

• Praise 3

you will also need a very big fridge........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2