NTUC Warehouse at Joo Koon

Boringchap

For those items re-branded under "NTUC brand", if you dig more details......

they are actually from some branded brands.

they are lah.............it is all OEM from branded staffs..............their NTUC bread used to be made by sunshine..........NTUC where got factory to make so many things...........

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

If take mrt cannot buy too many stuff, troublesome to carry. Lol.

Yeah. That's why we got to go once every 2 weeks. Cuz we take MRT and we cook every meal everyday. No choice since the kids love public transport. Anyway our 2 fridge also not big enough to store more than what we can take home on the train.

To be able to sell your stuff in NTUC, you need to mark down your price in order for them to make a profit,about 40%. it also depend on the branding of your product.

If your is from Unilever or P&G then profit margin for NTUC is lower

you sld try doing business with them...............then come back here and edit your post............dont give textbook reply lah.........

Edited by Roverboy
  • Praise 1

The warehouse concept is very popular in western countries where they do shopping once a week or once in 2 weeks. One shot, they load up on many things, especially frozen food. Probably won't be so popular in Singapore.

spore style is every neighbourhood got ntuc liao ... no point to buy at warehouse

The warehouse concept is very popular in western countries where they do shopping once a week or once in 2 weeks. One shot, they load up on many things, especially frozen food. Probably won't be so popular in Singapore.

post-7984-0-04238100-1442631675_thumb.png

Edited by Wt_know

Most people here prefer fresh food rather than frozen food. Lol.

Big Box seems very quiet on the 3- 4 times I have been there. Gets me have a feeling 70% they won't last long.

for the reason why they got the site.......http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/industrial/largest-warehouse-retail-mall-to-open-in-q4/a/156737.

Big Box will be the last and largest project built under the Economic Development Board's Warehouse Retail Scheme introduced in 2004. The other three are Ikea, Courts and Giant, all in Tampines. The scheme allows industrial land to be used for retail and warehousing.

I have same feeling too.

Also it doesnt make sense to be too close to mrt and paying much higher rental.

Most shoppers would drive anyway.

Paid a visit to the newish NTUC warehouse at Joo Koon. Located right next to Joo Koon MRT station, an easy drive with ample parking. Decided to visit because a friend told us that they had interesting things on sale, though we had to buy membership. Ended up we bought membership - usually $35 for a year but because this was SG50, it is now $35 for 2 years, for NTUC members.

The place is indeed quite big and sells many interesting stuff in larger sizes, that you can't find at the normal NTUC outlets. Ok, enough words. Let my videos do the talking.

The place is big.

If you like chips, you can get them here in big bags.

For the stuff that are heavily marked down, like under huge discounts, be sure to check the expiry date. They usually will expire quite soon.

Since we bought membership, we are likely to go there again. My wife wants to buy some chips for her friends. They make cool party gifts.

Valueshop $ cheaper and no need membership

• Praise 1

Big Box seems very quiet on the 3- 4 times I have been there. Gets me have a feeling 70% they won't last long.

for the reason why they got the site.......http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-property/industrial/largest-warehouse-retail-mall-to-open-in-q4/a/156737.

Big Box will be the last and largest project built under the Economic Development Board's Warehouse Retail Scheme introduced in 2004. The other three are Ikea, Courts and Giant, all in Tampines. The scheme allows industrial land to be used for retail and warehousing.

and Big Box now charging for parking ... so I went once and did not go back again.

prices inside Big Box not exactly attractive to me too.

aircon very power though ... [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

This NTUC warehouse is a waste of time, it's only catch is the food court on week days with people working nearby. Over the weekend is quite dead, so many shoes vacant and so many shops didn't open...LOL

The only supermarket not squeeze on a weekend. Don't say pay for membership, no need membership also I think not worth the trip...LOL

• Praise 2

there is also a Gain City mega warehouse or megastore in Sungai Kadut
been there once ... and will never go back
i really cannot understand why there need to build these mega-warehouse cum store
yeah ... tuas and sungai kadut land is cheap ... but operating cost is NOT
buy in bulk aint working in spore la ... only angmoh like to eat frozen food ... lol
if i can order everything thru internet, i dont even want to Q at ntuc cashier ... sibei long Q !!!

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1