SG Presidential Election 2016/17!

Yewheng

who is Singapore first elected president?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. who is Singapore first elected president?

• Wee Kim Wee
    • Ong Teng Cheong
    • S R Nathan
    • Yusof Ishak

If that happens, I will not vote and pay $50 to reinstate my name back

You should vote.

Just cross all the boxes or draw symbols and pictures, whatever, if you're not happy, to send a message.

↡ Advertisement

You should vote.

Just cross all the boxes or draw symbols and pictures, whatever, if you're not happy, to send a message.

just make sure that the crosses are all even and symmetrical as any abberation or difference, they can take that as a valid vote

just make sure that the crosses are all even and symmetrical as any abberation or difference, they can take that as a valid vote

That's rubbish la. As long as the boxes are all obviously crossed out, they can't take it as valid.

Donb't leave the box empty though as they might suddenly find some stray marks in one of the boxes.

That's rubbish la. As long as the boxes are all obviously crossed out, they can't take it as valid.

Donb't leave the box empty though as they might suddenly find some stray marks in one of the boxes.

hahahah...im exaggerating lah....sho moody

and yes, your 'stray marks' is indeed true

i say this is tokenism and an attempt to block the most worthy person who should sit in that position....nuff said

oh wel...

A common refrain used by the 70%. What defines quality? Most if not all people lie blatantly in their resumes to get a better job.

Ignoring the incumbent ministers who are running to get re-elected, whom among the new cadre presented by the ruling party were you impressed by? Can name a few?

Opposition candidates, esp the younger generation, have a decent professional background now, it's not all dialect spewing man-on-the-ground stuff any more also. Did you at least threw a glance at them during the campaign?

This seems like a personal attack but i wish to clarify that it is not. It's a question that can be asked of anyone within the 70%. I commonly hear laments that there is no credible opposition to vote for. I see efforts by the opposition to recruit better quality candidates, but it's never going to be able to compete with the state machinery and the volume of "quality" it churns out yearly in the form of scholarships.

At what stage would someone in the 70% regard the opposition as being qualified and credible?

Its all about a general perception isnt it? 

the same perception you have undertaken to deem that all 70% of the the people who voted for pappy to see the opposition as unqualified and non credible

Some of the ministars have said stuff that anger us common folks.. does it mean that all of them are as such?

Conversely.. some of the opposition MPs have made valid points.. does it mean that all of them speak with facts and figures to back up their points?

PS.. i did vote for that hokkien spewing guy... but i shifted after that.. 

I may get flamed in saying this. But the thought of having our PE candidates selected by the ruling party first reminds me of the chief executive polls in Hong Kong where Beijing has to say ok to the list of candidates first before HK can vote. I am very tempted to spoil my vote this time around .

• Praise 7

I also think will be a walkover.

But I think PAP gona field two of their candidates to let ppl have a chance to vote. So that nobody will say this PE is a show only. Cos when I spoke to my PAP grassroot colleague, he told me sure got off day and can get to vote. So......................I think the show will go on.

All the eligible Malay candidates are PAP linked - present or ex. Can't think of any eligible Malay candidate from private sector. So yes, it is either going to be a walkover or PAP nominate both candidates.

write big big NO TO CANDIDATES SELECTED BY GOV

draw new box for TCB and tick..

IMHO, don't play pray with polling slips ....... you never know

I may get flamed in saying this. But the thought of having our PE candidates selected by the ruling party first reminds me of the chief executive polls in Hong Kong where Beijing has to say ok to the list of candidates first before HK can vote. I am very tempted to spoil my vote this time around .

comeon.. this is totally different...  

HK side MUST be via the panel

Our side is all eligible candidates can apply..  

i refuse to believe there are no good malays in the private industry. 

all this talk about no malays to stand for election is all SPECULATION 

and to me .. unintentionally derogatory for our malay brothers.. 

what i am upset with is the ruling party setting it a race specific president..  

its two completely different issues

All the eligible Malay candidates are PAP linked - present or ex. Can't think of any eligible Malay candidate from private sector. So yes, it is either going to be a walkover or PAP nominate both candidates.

you and i cannot think of does not mean they dont exist.. 

Anyway to chao keng and siam the polls? Can take MC? [laugh]

Even on wheel chair required to cast vote. I think siao ppl cannot vote for obvious reason. Try to keng lor.

who ever said that there'll be a poll for the next president?

my opinion is that it will be a walk over.

I hope so....spare us the troubles and leave us alone so that we could go about enjoying a quiet Saturday.

Anyway, I am sure many on PE duties will be hoping for one [sly]

• Praise 3

Bro, we share the same thought. I posted the same comment this morning.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700120-next-sg-presidential-election-201617/?p=6048739

But I will still go to the polling station, to ensure that I can still vote come the next GE!! If you give this PE a miss, your name will be strike off the voter list. Please remember hor...

• Praise 16

The upcoming PE goes against the spirit of the Singapore Pledge: 'regardless of race, language or religion'

And meritocracy

↡ Advertisement