Shell V-Power Nitro+

Watwheels

Haha. Then I hope you don't believe that putting RON 98 gives you more "power" cos I don't...

I think 98 just give more protection to engine ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Sure thing! Everyone is entitled to their opinions :)

Using approriate RON as per car specifications is to prevent engine knocking, that's all to it.

If you think pumping RON 98 is good for your car, it's your choice :)

Just sharing the facts.

my colleague is one such moron, always claim that his car "fly" after pumping V Power . . what a load of bs!

floor the pedal like sasquatch [laugh] of course fly lah [smash]

• Praise 1

I didn't know they were switching, I just did my usual fill this AM on the way to work only to find it was this Nitro thingy.

Well, car doesn't feel any faster. That is to say, feels just as fast. :D

• Praise 1

IMO, why spend the money to drink 100 Plus? Will fly? Drink water can liao lah.

water does not contain electrolytes whereas 100 Plus does

Dehydration can occur quickly during exercise. This is especially true if you are exercising for long periods of time and/or in hot temperatures. Your body needs to replenish water during and after exercise to prevent dehydration and facilitate normal processes like sweating. But over longer periods of physical activity the body also loses electrolytes. These need to be replaced as well, and water does not contain them.

Source: http://www.livestrong.com/article/408839-electrolytes-drinking-water/

• Praise 1

Many people drive "normal" cars yet insist RON 98 gives them the best performance.

Something interesting: Usually I fill up half a tank each time I put petrol. But recently I got a bunch of SPC vouchers that require minimum $50, so I put in $50 each time. My km/L has now improved by 5% for the last 2 tanks - I record the distance travelled and litres of petrol pumped each time and divide to get the figures. I am still using the same SPC 95 petrol and similar routes. Magic improvement, or just my imagination?

Weight reduction.

• Praise 2

for me, when on v power, can feel that engine is more responsive thus tends not to step as hard and results in better fuel economy, however, the improved fuel economy does not cover the increase in cost,

nevertheless, will still give this new product a try.

That doesn't make sense as I get more mileage now that I fill up with more petrol... Personally I think it's just imagination lol

Ok just re-read your post. So half tank is less than $50? Then perhaps you have smoother traffic for the past weeks. :D

Ok just re-read your post. So half tank is less than $50? Then perhaps you have smoother traffic for the past weeks. :D

Yea, I also realised I didn't mention clearly [smash]

98 is good enough ald.

For TC cars better pump 98 and above to prevent ticking noise as well as better for the engine.

NA can pump 92/95

It is true, technically called MHP. Mental Horse Power

92 gives -20%,

95 is neutral,

98 gives +20%,

Vpower turns car into F1 car.

Tbh no difference between 98 or v power

Even for NA car 98 and 95 no diff too.

U use 95 ur fc better

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 4

98 is good enough ald.

For TC cars better pump 98 and above to prevent ticking noise as well as better for the engine.

NA can pump 92/95

Tbh no difference between 98 or v power

Even for NA car 98 and 95 no diff too.

U use 95 ur fc better

Yap yap. I pump 95. Sometimes 92. Sometimes 98. Sometimes go shell pump vpower to clean engine. Just personal preference and have no scientific for why i do that... haha.. thats why i say mental horse power... my mind believes my mit is ferrari.. haha.. joking

• Praise 2

Cannot felt the difference between the "Old" V-Power & the "New" one...

Just wondering,if a Petrol company launch a "New" product,let's say in this case V-power on the 18'th,will the stations 'suck' out fully the "Old" V-Power,on the 17'th night,then fill with the new stuff.?Or just refill the "new" products.? [:(]with the "Old" ones.?

Edited by ER-3682

It does make a difference after trying it out. The engine revs with little effort and the difference between the old and new V-power is less vibrations. The new one is smoother and effortless all I needed to do is to tap the accelerator. The friction reducer does smoothen the engine vibrations.

• Praise 1

IMO, 98 is good enough n Caltex is my brand.

Got some Shell's voucher and pumped the latest V-Power, very responsive I must say.

If looking at better FC then it should not be cause it is priced above all 98.

Nevertheless will pump it once awhile.

eh...dear all...not too sure if this is the right thread to ask...but, for 2010 kia forte, can advise what pump is the "best", based on your own experience? and pumping shell cos just near my house.

thanks.

↡ Advertisement