Workshop to recommend for swapping tyres

Metalslug2

Just go to the nearest tyre shop, prices are standard and every one can do. No point go out of the way to save a few bucks, while keeping the rims in the boot for days.

Edited by Ingenius

Just go to the nearest tyre shop, prices are standard and every one can do. No point go out of the way to save a few bucks, while keeping the rims in the boot for days.

Yup, I just popped in n asked an uncle at a tyre shop n he quoted 30 bucks to swop for both cars, 1 car is 15$

i asked around seems to be $50 onwards

Yup, I just popped in n asked an uncle at a tyre shop n he quoted 30 bucks to swop for both cars, 1 car is 15$

Thatz cheap. The last time I did a swap, was charged $50. It includes wheel balancing too. I swap rims but keep my own tyres.

Thatz cheap. The last time I did a swap, was charged $50. It includes wheel balancing too. I swap rims but keep my own tyres.

Oh bro... my query was just to swop the whole wheel (tyre and rim) with the other car, & we have the same tyre/rim size .. not so complicated as changing rims but keeping the tyres.. think thats why the shop quoted lower price to me..

I think he mistaken siboh ? Swopped liao don't need to balance ?

I think he mistaken siboh ? Swopped liao don't need to balance ?

Bro, swop whole wheel (tyre and rim) need to rebalance?? I tot only when change the tyres on the rim then need to do rebalancing to correctly weigh out the whole wheel?

My case is to take out the whole wheel to swop, not just the rims like in Adrianli case...

There is another thread on MCF on balancing/rotation/alignment that I found useful..

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2644775-after-tyre-change-balancingrotation-or-alignment-or-both/

Edited by Lurpsexx

Oh bro... my query was just to swop the whole wheel (tyre and rim) with the other car, & we have the same tyre/rim size .. not so complicated as changing rims but keeping the tyres.. think thats why the shop quoted lower price to me..

Your type of swapping, price is reasonable as there is nothing much for the workshop to do. Just take out whole wheel and replace it on another car.

My type of swapping, same as what TS needed. Need to remove wheel from existing car, separate the rim and tyre and put a different rim on the tyre. Then balance the whole wheel and put it back on the car. The workshop I went got three guys doing it, including the boss. So it took them 15mins.

• Praise 1

Your type of swapping, price is reasonable as there is nothing much for the workshop to do. Just take out whole wheel and replace it on another car.

My type of swapping, same as what TS needed. Need to remove wheel from existing car, separate the rim and tyre and put a different rim on the tyre. Then balance the whole wheel and put it back on the car. The workshop I went got three guys doing it, including the boss. So it took them 15mins.

Thanks for the info bro... I think I may go your route too... save me some money on buying a new set of tyres... my current tyres are 215/50/17 but the ones I intend to swop with is 215/45/17, same rim size and PCD, and rim depth is OK.. only offset is different but shld be no effect on the tyre/rim compatibility..

Edited by Lurpsexx

I recently did similar - changed my wheels from current (to be scrapped) Altis to another Altis because my tread still has a lot to go.

Basically DIY, we park side by side - each jack up, take 1 wheel out, swop and re-install. Repeat 4 times. About 1 hour total.

FOC... but you need to have 2 persons familar with changing tyres.

Bro, swop whole wheel (tyre and rim) need to rebalance?? I tot only when change the tyres on the rim then need to do rebalancing to correctly weigh out the whole wheel?

My case is to take out the whole wheel to swop, not just the rims like in Adrianli case...

There is another thread on MCF on balancing/rotation/alignment that I found useful..

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2644775-after-tyre-change-balancingrotation-or-alignment-or-both/

Thanks for the info bro... I think I may go your route too... save me some money on buying a new set of tyres... my current tyres are 215/50/17 but the ones I intend to swop with is 215/45/17, same rim size and PCD, and rim depth is OK.. only offset is different but shld be no effect on the tyre/rim compatibility..

offset to me is just as important as size for me...

offset to me is just as important as size for me...

yup, agree.. the new car i change to the offset for factory fit stock rim is 51 but my current car rim is 42, so will be more protruding by abt 9mm.. OK la.. as long as dun over load and scrap the bodywork / wheel arch like in my current ride...

cheap and quality dont go together

places like south east charge 100 per car

Yup, i only internal patch my tyres in South East too.. think the $100 is change whole rim and swop tyres and do balancing right?

yup, agree.. the new car i change to the offset for factory fit stock rim is 51 but my current car rim is 42, so will be more protruding by abt 9mm.. OK la.. as long as dun over load and scrap the bodywork / wheel arch like in my current ride...

Yup, i only internal patch my tyres in South East too.. think the $100 is change whole rim and swop tyres and do balancing right?

Thanks bro for the lobang.

mine factory is 45, but rim is 42. i hope it looks ok! else headache.

i found a shop to do simple swapping at $20. Taking out tyres and fit on another car also $20 :)

Thanks bro for the lobang.

mine factory is 45, but rim is 42. i hope it looks ok! else headache.

i found a shop to do simple swapping at $20. Taking out tyres and fit on another car also $20 :)

Great bro, your offset is only 3mm outwards, so shld be no change.. Mine will be protruding a bit... [sweatdrop]

Ya, $40 for 2 cars is OK, as long as not inconvenient or too far for you to go to change....

↡ Advertisement