Subaru challenge! With COE!

Yrvsport

why would one want to go for a Subaru?

if Aston Martin i sure go. [laugh]

why need to stand and endure weather elements for an Aston?

just go sell nasi lemak can drive Aston liao

can even qualify as high rollers at genting

:D

• Praise 1

Last year runner-up win this year. On eregular army guy won at 85hrs .... [smash]

This year runner-up is a girl .... [thumbsup]

I'm actually proud that a Singaporean won it. Obviously the support helps compared to the foreign competitors who couldn't tahan the last stage. The foreign competitors are also more likely to be 1st timers where the singapore winners are all veterans of several challenges.

I think when there was <40 challengers on the 3rd day, the ratio was about 1 singaporean to 3 foreigners or something.

Last year runner-up win this year. On eregular army guy won at 85hrs .... [smash]

This year runner-up is a girl .... [thumbsup]

wah, how come no newspaper to report this news,

this girl may win next year? got girl won before?

in general this kind of endurance test, girls has advantage than men

I'm actually proud that a Singaporean won it. Obviously the support helps compared to the foreign competitors who couldn't tahan the last stage. The foreign competitors are also more likely to be 1st timers where the singapore winners are all veterans of several challenges.

I think when there was <40 challengers on the 3rd day, the ratio was about 1 singaporean to 3 foreigners or something.

No lah... I think it's because a car costs sooo much here, compared to regional countries, so of course the motivation is that much stronger for singaporeans! [laugh]

No lah... I think it's because a car costs sooo much here, compared to regional countries, so of course the motivation is that much stronger for singaporeans! [laugh]

I think its still worth it for them cos if they trade the car back to Subaru S'pore at $60k. (value of car at $72k without COE)

So with the S$60k convert to their countries $, they can buy 3 units in their own countries .... [:p]

• Praise 2

Same here :)

Proud that our own singaporean won it :)

Anyway, anyone that can tahan for 80+ hours without sleep, standing with one unmoveable hand, drenched in rain and sunbathed in sun... really deserved the sole prize :)

I, surely not able to do it ...

Congrats to the winner :)

wah, how come no newspaper to report this news,

this girl may win next year? got girl won before?

in general this kind of endurance test, girls has advantage than men

Subaru Challenge runner-up: "I didn't realise my finger slipped"
POSTED: 13 Nov 2014 00:07
Ms Analiza Mokhtar, who has taken part in the MediaCorp Subaru Challenge eight times, told Channel NewsAsia that she started hallucinating after going more than 80 hours without sleep.
subaru-challenge-analiza.jpg
Subaru Challenge 2014 contestant Analiza Mokhtar, 36, Singaporean. (Photo: Marcus Mark Ramos)
SINGAPORE: This year's MediaCorp Subaru Challenge runner-up, Ms Analiza Mokhtar has been in the endurance challenge eight times, but despite all that experience, she lost out to third-time participant G Jaishanker after one of her fingers slipped off a palm-shaped decal. Her slip-up gifted Mr Jaishanker victory, and the prize of a S$85,000 Subaru Forester, early on Wednesday (Nov 12).
Sharing her experience on Channel NewsAsia's Singapore Tonight, Ms Mohktar said she could only see "black spots" on her hand, and hear songs playing in the background after going more than 80 hours without sleep.
"So, I kept singing to myself and it was not until I was tapped and the marshall said: 'Do you know one of your fingers actually slipped off the decal?'" she said.
"I was like: 'Oh - you mean I'm at the Subaru Challenge?'" said Ms Mokhtar.
That said, the 36-year-old said she did not expect to come this far in the competition. She was one of four people who broke a 2008 record of 81 hours and 32 minutes.
"It's 82 hours, it's not an easy feat. Sitting back here now, I think - yes, I did break the all-time record," she said.
She said what she missed most during the challenge, was a cup of coffee in the morning. "The first thing I did in the morning after was to grab a cup of coffee after a shower," she said.
Ms Mokhtar added that she keeps returning to the competition because it is "kind of like an addiction". "It's actually nice to see everyone again, especially your friends," she said. She added that she is part of a Subaru alumni group on Facebook, where previous Subaru Challenge participants update each other about their lives, and other challenges they take part in.
For this year's winner Mr Jaishanker, the win sank in, hours after. "I woke up - I've won the car," he said.
subaru-challenge-data.jpg
Mr Jaishanker now holds the record timing of 82 hours and 16 minutes and was "very happy" with his achievement.
"I was very strong. My mind was locked at 81 hours, 32 minutes. I was just working on thinking about the five-minute break every six hours."
He enjoyed being part of the Subaru Challenge so much that he said he would return, however the challenge's regulations state that winners are not allowed to participate again.
Ms Mokhtar, on the other hand, is still considering if she will take part next year - for a ninth time. "I'm not so sure. You keep a look out somewhere in the middle of next year," she said.
- CNA/dl

I think its still worth it for them cos if they trade the car back to Subaru S'pore at $60k. (value of car at $72k without COE)

So with the S$60k convert to their countries $, they can buy 3 units in their own countries .... [:p]

if without COE, then still have to pay $72k to register the car lah,

not worth, seriously ruin one's health win a car still have to pay $72k,

think next year should conduct a Subrau/COE challenge (whichever more expensive), winner can use the COE to buy any car :D

• Praise 1

There are numerous stories of people dying due to sleep deprivation... of teen gamers by their computers after continuous gaming... or of when interns burning the midnight lamp to get assignment done... and even world cup TV viewers binge watching the games and still going to work in the morning...

I also remember a case a few years back in the US... the challenge was to drink x number of litres of water and not go to the toilet so they can win a Nintendo Wii.... it was called "Wee for a Wii" ... seems innocuous right? But this girl drank some 8 or 10 litres of water and died the next day.

Some challenges have to be thought through I think.

EDIT: anyway, congrats to the winner. Took super human efforts if you ask me. I get cranky if I don't sleep for 8 hours... let alone 80.

Edited by ins1dious
  • Praise 1

i think if the foreigners had won they could buy 1 or 2 houses back home with the money....
  • Praise 2

i think if the foreigners had won they could buy 1 or 2 houses back home with the money....

We can still sell the car to pay for a piece of paper.... COE

• Praise 2

I have a fren who was in it a few years back.

He starts hallucinating after 48hrs.

He saw giraffes,elephants etc; walking past him.

He lifted up his hand n wave at the animals and the rest is history.

Called him a few times after the event and couldn't get him.

Finally he called me back after 2 days of sleep. Lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1