Just purchase a Chevrolet Cruze

Shawnong81

Errrrr. . . . . . i found that TS got a bit ego. . . . . .

Well, last week my friend just sold his red colour cruze after multiple type of defects and breakdown, we go shopping for cars and he bought an alphard.

I guess, your cruze was not red colour right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Errrrr. . . . . . i found that TS got a bit ego. . . . . .

Well, last week my friend just sold his red colour cruze after multiple type of defects and breakdown, we go shopping for cars and he bought an alphard.

I guess, your cruze was not red colour right?

Well I am not a ego guy, but I am asking a question. Does it matter that I should ask here before I purchase?

anyway, i am not driving a red cruze. thank

Try goggle it, people in here are quite friendly,maybe you are not get used by their style of greeting.

Just make sure you dont anyhow fix up some snake oil powerbooster or some tie on type rubber that claimed it will increase horsepower.

Stock is the best.

Invest your money for good pair of tyre and brake pads is much more important than improve your fc and performance.

Hi all, I just purchase a Chevrolet Cruze 2010 model, where can I get more information on this car? Was there a forums for Chevrolet?

Thank You

Hi

Is your Cruze manual or auto transmission?

If it's auto , take note of the auto gb and atf oil. I hear its quite a hiccup.

No other problems so far. Maintenance same as MIJ cars.

Btw, it's Pretty difficult to find aftermarket rims for Cruze

Basically its another korean car. Drinks and under power, if you doing outdoor job. Will be painful on your wallet

Basically its another korean car. Drinks and under power, if you doing outdoor job. Will be painful on your wallet

Hi

Is your Cruze manual or auto transmission?

If it's auto , take note of the auto gb and atf oil. I hear its quite a hiccup.

No other problems so far. Maintenance same as MIJ cars.

Btw, it's Pretty difficult to find aftermarket rims for Cruze

Mine is Auto GB.

The rim PCD 105x5 no easy to find.

Lucky for me, the previous owner had change to a set of 17" BBS rim.

Try goggle it, people in here are quite friendly,maybe you are not get used by their style of greeting.

Just make sure you dont anyhow fix up some snake oil powerbooster or some tie on type rubber that claimed it will increase horsepower.

Stock is the best.

Invest your money for good pair of tyre and brake pads is much more important than improve your fc and performance.

I guess I not really used to the greeting I got over here.

the car I got is full stock, and I just change to a set of Conti CSC5 tyre.

from the moment I bought this car, I don't even think of Power or performance. So far for FC, I can clock a 550km per tank .

can only find 2011 cruze manual from this website.

hope it helps:

http://www.chevrolet.com/owners/chevy-manuals.html

Thank you

All in all its just an ordinary bread and butter car. Won't give you any big problem if maintained religiously. Other than being underpowered, heavy drinker and dated, I guess the Cruze is quite an OK car to own. Parts won't be as expensive as the Continentals. You can actually buy from Alpine motors parts shop and have it fixed outside.

You should have bought a 1.4 turbo cruze. The FC of the car can easily achieve 12KM/L even driving at crazy speed. The 200NM torque is adequate for pickup and is tunable to 240NM. You will find yourself always in front of the traffic. Reliability is good with no major issue. I'm using octane 95 which is the recommended fuel. If you drive gently, you should be able to achieve > 13KM/L.

One thing to remember, go to a workshop that had specialty in servicing Cruze else you will regret it. Get recommended workshop from the Chevy forum. I had a friend driving Cruze 2011... had his gearbox changed twice, 1st time free cos under warranty, 2nd time AD charged him cos he went outside to change ATF and AD said that the ATF spoil the gearbox so void the warranty...

And his windows had problem too... it went down and never come up...

One thing to remember, go to a workshop that had specialty in servicing Cruze else you will regret it. Get recommended workshop from the Chevy forum. I had a friend driving Cruze 2011... had his gearbox changed twice, 1st time free cos under warranty, 2nd time AD charged him cos he went outside to change ATF and AD said that the ATF spoil the gearbox so void the warranty...

And his windows had problem too... it went down and never come up...

dont comprehend how the aisin box can be so bad... :ouch-it-hurts:

Mine is Auto GB.

The rim PCD 105x5 no easy to find.

Lucky for me, the previous owner had change to a set of 17" BBS rim.

I guess I not really used to the greeting I got over here.

the car I got is full stock, and I just change to a set of Conti CSC5 tyre.

from the moment I bought this car, I don't even think of Power or performance. So far for FC, I can clock a 550km per tank .

Thank you

Mine is 2010 model NA. but manual transmission. I can reach 600km+ with normal driving. So far my only problem is the power window, can come up and down but got jerking movement. I see the Chevy forum is not so active lei.

Actually Cruze not bad la..

If I didnt bought my ride in 2008, I would have went for the Cruze when they launched in 2009..

Looks sporty and handles pretty okay. 

Can go local stockists and buy parts then go to your favorite workshop to change.. will be much cheaper than going to Alpine (AD)

Neutral Newbie

don't even think of the 2016 cruze...i view it today at their showroom

1/ seriously under power, same as previous 1.6 (i asked them why not maintain the turbo) and they said turbo making losses after selling local market because Cat A and Cat B COE too close.

that car is easily 200kgs heavier then Vezel.... and talk about Vezel under-power...omg

2/ No more new turbo in the showroom until March, because make way for the 2016 cruze (can't imaging is you put the 2016 cruze together with 1.4 t).... who will buy the 2016 cruze.... headache

3/ the body design improve but not as fierce as mazda 6.

4/ surprise to know no sun-roof but i saw some overseas model have

cheers

↡ Advertisement