Lee Kuan Yew Children File Case on Interview Deal

Angcheek

Lee Kuan Yew’s Two Younger Children File Case on Interview Deal

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-09-22/lee-kuan-yew-s-two-younger-children-file-case-on-interview-deal

Lee Kuan Yew’s two younger children initiated court action in Singapore relating to an agreement between their late father, the city’s first prime minister, and the government.

Lee Wei Ling and Lee Hsien Yang, executors of the elder Lee’s estate, filed a court application on Sept. 2, according to a record with the Singapore High Court. Their father’s agreement related to the "custody and use" of interviews given by the former premier to the government’s Oral History Department, according to a statement by the Attorney-General, the respondent.

“The government will establish the proper interpretation and status of the agreement before the court,” it said in the statement.

Further details of the case weren’t immediately available, and Lee Hsien Yang declined to comment. Lee Wei Ling wasn’t immediately available to comment.

The Republic of Singapore’s founding father, Lee Kuan Yew, died on March 23 at the age of 91, triggering a nationwide outpouring of grief. More than a million people waited for as long as 10 hours to pay their last respects.

Lee’s death and celebrations to mark Singapore’s 50th year of independence helped the ruling People’s Action Party, helmed by eldest son Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, extend its more than five-decade rule at the Sept. 11 election.

The case is Lee Wei Ling, Lee Hsien Yang v Attorney-General, OS816/2015. Singapore High Court.

Anyone heard anything about this ???

Edited by Angcheek
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/court-application-filed/2143578.html?cid=fbsg

SINGAPORE: The executors of the estate of Mr Lee Kuan Yew have filed an application seeking guidance from the Courts on proper interpretation of an interview agreement between the late Mr Lee and the Government.

The court application was filed by Mr Lee's younger children, Dr Lee Wei Ling and Mr Lee Hsien Yang, on Sep 2 and a pre-trial conference was held on Tuesday (Sep 22).

The agreement relates to the custody and use of certain interviews given by Mr Lee, Singapore's founding Prime Minister, to the Oral History Department, a spokesperson for the Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) said.

The Government will establish the proper interpretation and status of the agreement before the Court, the AGC added.

The next pre-trial conference will be held on Oct 27.

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 4

I dont understand their objective .... the 2 are against some interview ?

Neither do I, only thing I understand is that it is a court case of LWL & LHY vs Gov. (Attorney General)

camping here for good show !

LKY has 3 [scholar][pirate]:a-shy: childs, the youngest two is now suing the elder [scholar] brother, shall we meet up to discuss in private but must have beers :a-toast:

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 4

With you :a-fun: together always "no beer" :a-no: What a lousy show :sick:

at least when you are drunk I still can send you home safely, I'm your very bestest friend.

LKY has 3 childs, the youngest two is now suing the elder [scholar] brother, shall we meet up to discuss in private but must have beers

can .....but you drink I drive !

when ? name your place and time we need to settle our similarities.

at least when you are drunk I still can send you home safely, I'm your very bestest friend.

You sent AF [pirate] in your Honda, I [drivingcar] drove home all by myself with deep worrisome about the other 2 kakies [sweatdrop]

• Praise 3

You sent AF [pirate] in your Honda, I [drivingcar] drove home all by myself with deep worrisome about the other 2 kakies [sweatdrop]

I am your noble friend, I drive all of you home safely = you don't need to drive for MU. swee bo?

Edited by Tigerwoods

can .....but you drink I drive !

when ? name your place and time we need to settle our similarities.

Let's bring our own [sly] "Private Harbour" together having first stop at 老 地 方 [grouphug] then go KTV sing love songs :a-sing:

• Praise 5

many were commenting on the news in FB ...

I think some really missed the point. Its not about LKY anymore ... isnt it . duh ...........

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8