Lee Kuan Yew Children File Case on Interview Deal

Angcheek

In the last fews years of his life, lky said some very explosive things that embarrassed and infuriated many people.

Perhaps there were other things said that the family would like to keep private.

I think a key issue is whether things a politician, let alone a PM says can or should ever be considered "private property".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

What I find interesting is that it was filed in early September but we are only hearing about it now, and that it was Bloomberg that reported first.

As to the actual case - I also catch no balls -
For 30 year old interviews - I wonder what is the applicable copyright law, and whether these interviews were in the public domain or not?

I also wonder about the usage rights of stuff that is in the public domain - I thought it was fully legal to report speech verbatim?

Not so sure how the govt can "own" a public interview

In the last fews years of his life, lky said some very explosive things that embarrassed and infuriated many people.
Perhaps there were other things said that the family would like to keep private.

I think a key issue is whether things a politician, let alone a PM says can or should ever be considered "private property".

This would seem to be the key point -

What are these interviews and why can anybody - whether family or government claim "ownership"

remembering also they are 30 years old - so the content can't (or shouldn't?) be considered national security issue anymore

• Praise 2

Waiting for you to give 😂😂

I dont mind giving her.................but she must rtn favor............or we can do a staff69........... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 2

This estate a lot of controversy, there is another one the late Mr Lee said about demolishing his house or something lidat.. whereas the public wants it to be kept for remembrance etc

• Praise 1

I saw the news don't understand,came in to read also catch no balls. Finally saw a beautiful girl picture my under-stand but still catch no ball.

• Praise 3

I saw the news don't understand,came in to read also catch no balls. Finally saw a beautiful girl picture my under-stand but still catch no ball.

as long as you under-stand those wearing white hahaha

• Praise 3

I still don't understand what is this about.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/court-dismisses-lawsuit-to-grant-lee-kuan-yew-estate-rights-to/3166024.html

LWL and LHY wants official access to some interviews that LKY did in the early 1980s. 

But LKY himself has structured the access to be considered under OSA. 

LHY has at least read part of the transcripts at MHA. Maybe he considered it as part of family heritage ??? (since they weren't officially marked as secret on the transcript copy he read?)

At least that's my interpretation of this.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/court-dismisses-lawsuit-to-grant-lee-kuan-yew-estate-rights-to/3166024.html

LWL and LHY wants official access to some interviews that LKY did in the early 1980s. 

LHY has at least read part of the transcripts at MHA. Maybe he considered it as part of family heritage ??? (since they weren't officially marked as secret on the transcript copy he read?)

Chewren who act for LKY estate say transcripts belong to LKY estate and were unknowingly given over to Cabinet Sec.

Now Garmen say transcripts are akcherli covered by OSA and so too bad, LKY estate cannot have them back neninenibooboo.

Chewren who act for LKY estate say transcripts belong to LKY estate and were unknowingly given over to Cabinet Sec.

Now Garmen say transcripts are akcherli covered by OSA and so too bad, LKY estate cannot have them back neninenibooboo.

Sounds like a pretty big deal over some sensitive interview transcripts.

I mean Mr Lee's kids have talked to their father for decades. What's there inside these transcripts that they die die want to keep for the estate? 

The man would have generated large amounts of documents etc etc to fill up a few houses over his years of life.

Edited by Lala81

Dun want to release then we can only speculate.

Maybe something related to his dishonorable son being less than competent.

actually that is a well known fact, people got eyes to see one.

still need OSA to hide it ?  :XD:

• Praise 1

We understand y u under stand..

Dunno heng or suay I didnt under stand.

• Praise 1

Very the chim .... this is the only thing I understand

Sounds like a pretty big deal over some sensitive interview transcripts.

I mean Mr Lee's kids have talked to their father for decades. What's there inside these transcripts that they die die want to keep for the estate?

The man would have generated large amounts of documents etc etc to fill up a few houses over his years of life.

Chim.. What I read is, it involves political speech that if let's say lwl or lhy go post of social media or spread it. Then there will be people who will took these speech and creates tension and proberly affect between neighbouring countries..

So to prevent that from happening, it's a nono for them to obtain the transcript as history has shown lwl had tendency to post some so call stupid comments in Facebook and later apologize and delete it. These comments public had Screenshot and then make it become political. So how leh..

↡ Advertisement