Nissan GTR 3.8L

Aerosmith

Omigod!!!

Dunno whether to praise or dislike bro.

And not sure whether to feel happy or sad for you.

Ok, sad it is.

No lah just kidding. I fully understand the pressures that made you sell. The Macan is much more practical and does have badge value. So I think you did the right thing, especially with all the niggling issues Gojira was causing you.

Anyway all the best bro. :D

Hello. If talking about monsta SUVs, there's one clear choice. X6///M baby!! :D

another badge ho... :secret-laugh:

XC90 is luxurious monsta SUV baby! hahaha

on another serious note... why ah @Sp4wn never consider the mini Mustang? saw the roadster version on road yesterday... fwah man!

↡ Advertisement

How come you keep doing major servicing and tyre change every year. Your mileage per year very high?  :huh:

morning - just sold Godzilla today.

So I thought I would give any potential owners a clear(er) breakdown of what exactly it costs to own Godzilla. I owned her for slightly more than 7 wonderful years ... hands down, she'll put a smile on your face ... even as your hand is shaking while handing over your credit card to pay for her repairs, maintenance and gas. You keep telling yourself that the high costs is worth it, since Godzilla can eat horses and bulls for breakfast (and perhaps, lunch and dinner if still got appetite)

Anyway, my annual depreciation based on my selling price is about $25k. In addition to that, I've updated the below mentioned with some new numbers and added in costs for 2016.

road tax yearly: $3636
insurance yearly: $3300
average petrol pumped / annum : $4500 (based on roughly 11-12k km travelled per year)

2016:
throttle assembly right side gone - $2000
renew 4 tires - $2800
left rear TPMS replacement - $220

2015: 
ac pipe cracked - $500
basic servicing - $700
major servicing - $4500
emergency towing - $180 (flatbed only)

2014:
replaced all 4 tires $3000
basic servicing - $700
basic servicing w/ coolant change - $1200

2013:
replaced 4 tires $3200
battery died - replaced battery $176
major servicing $3600

2012:
2 front tires damaged, replaced $1800
replaced 2 rear tires $2030
1 rear tire damaged, replaced $1100
car broke down, towed $120 (can only use flatbed tow truck)
replaced all brake pads $4000

2011:
major servicing $4600
replaced all 4 tires $3300

2010:
basic servicing $900
replaced 2 tires $1700

total maintenance costs spent over 7 years: just a hair under $50,000.
(average of $7k per annum just in maintenance and repairs)

so, just to summarize:

(per annum figures)
depreciation: $25,000
petrol: $4500
road tax: $3636
insurance: $3300
repairs: $7000
(total of everything except depreciation: $18.5k expenses per annum)
total (including depreciation): $43,500 per annum.

keep in mind this is (and always has been) a stock car. it has never been tracked either. so tracking the car will definitely incur much higher costs.

all in all, i will miss this car for sure, but as with all things in life, everything is a phase and it was time to let her go since i received a good offer for her, and hopefully she finds a new good home. 

Turbocharged

another badge ho... :secret-laugh:

XC90 is luxurious monsta SUV baby! hahaha

on another serious note... why ah @Sp4wn never consider the mini Mustang? saw the roadster version on road yesterday... fwah man!

Needed a 4 door

How come you keep doing major servicing and tyre change every year. Your mileage per year very high? :huh:

GT-R need to service every 10k km. Some Bros do even at 5-8k km

Needed a 4 door

GT-R need to service every 10k km. Some Bros do even at 5-8k km

Every 10K also major servicing? :huh:

Turbocharged

Every 10K also major servicing? :huh:

there's a fixed maintenance schedule (with what needs to be done at each interval) but it goes something like this:

ownership month             mileage (km)

1st                                   2,000

6th                                  10,000

12th                                20,000

18th                                30,000

24th                                40,000

30th                                50,000

36th                                60,000

(you get the idea)

most of my servicings were done at the 8,000km interval since stuff needed to be changed by then or the car felt a little sluggish.

• Praise 1

there's a fixed maintenance schedule (with what needs to be done at each interval) but it goes something like this:

ownership month             mileage (km)

1st                                   2,000

6th                                  10,000

12th                                20,000

18th                                30,000

24th                                40,000

30th                                50,000

36th                                60,000

(you get the idea)

most of my servicings were done at the 8,000km interval since stuff needed to be changed by then or the car felt a little sluggish.

The basic servicing schedule seems typical. My cars also low mileage (less than 10K km per 6mth) but I just service every 6 months anyway.

I am curious how come your major servicings so costly. :huh:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The basic servicing schedule seems typical. My cars also low mileage (less than 10K km per 6mth) but I just service every 6 months anyway.

I am curious how come your major servicings so costly. :huh:

because gtr tax.

lol.

Turbocharged

+ space for MIL luggage. Dont let her hug that luggage from airport to home again. :a-fun:

your memory is damn good sia ...

Neutral Newbie

omg, so old thread also kena dig.

anyway, my costs are lower compared to spawn.

to be honest, i consider myself quite lucky to not get a lemon one.

mine is stage 2 modified and i drive it like i stole it, so if you get a stock one, it will definitely be cheaper to maintain.

my latest full servicing, engine oil, trans oil, diff oil etc is $1.4k.

have not changed tyre for 3 years already. PSS last very long. but will costs $2k to replace FYI.

brake pads is endless brand and they are really endless, serious, since 2008 to now, it is still 3/4 new lol. but the screeching noise is ...

for repairs, my coolant tank boom, forgotten how much, but not expensive.

replaced radiator fan, i think was $900 (considering normal saloon jap fan is $100?)

car never once broke down, which is what you expect from a japanese brand.

just have to take note of slopes cause it is lower than usual, i don't know how many times relacquer the carbon fiber front lip already.

dashboard if left under sun will crack. $2k to releather.

gearbox is noisy and jerky from 2nd gear to 1st gear especially when you drive in auto up slopes etc. bell housing is always noisy, don't need spend money replace.

some more tips to you if you are shopping for one, make sure you get those with the changed selector clips in the gearbox, once that minor change is done, seriously, gearbox can last forever one la. all those gearbox spoil is either lemon or stock from 2008. 

make sure the transmission software is updated to LC5+ (should be done free if you have the cobbs tuning).

make sure the owner spent that $200 to get the rear lights modded so all 4 rings light up at night.

there are some in the market i just browsed that are really really good deals on paper, they have the new 2012 gearbox, litchfield suspension (this alone already $8k) etc. to me la, get those with 3rd party exhaust, if not whats the use lor...

try to stick to stage 2, cause this is enough power yet lta legal.

if you want, just get it la, you only live once, don't think about costs. if you can buy it now in cash, you can pay for the running costs. just for the driving experience, you need $500k car and above to just be on par with it liao.

Hey I know its a old post but I am just curious is the Alpha Performance package legal in Singapore? I saw a listing for a gtr with Alpha 9 package built in US and then flown back to SG.

Does anyone else know the answer. Reply will be much appreciated  :D

Neutral Newbie

Wow, i dont understand how you guys can afford such cars.

I can only dream and drool and admire from afar.

↡ Advertisement