Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 75 praises

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:04 AM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am looking to sell my house on my own. Its a private property.

However I do no know where to begin.

For starters, I just found out that I can't list my house on propertyguru if I am not an agent.

Can anyone give me some advise or point me to a place where I can find out more?

many thanks

Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:15 AM

oleandero
  • Premium member
    oleandero
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

post here and see if you get any offers? [thumbsup]

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

stproperty allows private sellers to post ad..

iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:19 AM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

stproperty allows private sellers to post ad..

thanks. I will check it out.

but stproperty doesn't have heavy traffic right?

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

place an ad in the newspaper (classifieds) under property for sale. if you die die don't want to work with agents, put "no agents please"

(I would advise against this though, in my experience, 99% of my deals are because of introductions to buyers via agents - just factor in the 1% cost lah)

i suppose if you are looking for an online portal, you can try

edit: hmmm the link was removed. go to 99.co

Edited by Sp4wn, 23 September 2015 - 11:20 AM.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

actually worth it mah...

1% = $10000 per million leh

4M private property can save $40000. enough to DP a new car liaoz. lol

place an ad in the newspaper (classifieds) under property for sale. if you die die don't want to work with agents, put "no agents please"

(I would advise against this though, in my experience, 99% of my deals are because of introductions to buyers via agents - just factor in the 1% cost lah)

i suppose if you are looking for an online portal, you can try

edit: hmmm the link was removed. go to 99.co

Volvobrick praised this
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Tonydeath
  • Premium member
    Tonydeath
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For starters, I just found out that I can't list my house on propertyguru if I am not an agent.

Can anyone give me some advise or point me to a place where I can find out more?

many thanks

Good Luck to you! You will be very busy!

I am a Fishmonger.

Posted 23 September 2015 - 11:50 AM

Sp4wn
  • Premium member
    Sp4wn
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

actually worth it mah...

in the last 6 years, i have advertised a few hundred times in the newspaper ... never had a direct buyer come through (even for small properties). always agents calling and then they swing their clients by. 

good thing about having an agent in between means more wiggle room for negotiation. by the time the buyer convey the message to the agent who will convey to me, i have time to strategize ;)

but to each his own of course ... i am just an employee so my stake is not that much :D

just giving my $0.02 on why the agents are more useful than it seems.

recently was trying to buy 1 commercial property and the guy was insisting on no agents. his ad said very clearly. more than 1 year later, he couldnt sell and now i started to see agents advertise. selling direct is not so easy. sorry to say, you need someone 'slick' in between to convince both parties to come to agreement. agents know the seller is buttering their bread, so they have to try their best to make it work :D

Little_prince and Dleodleo praised this

Posted 23 September 2015 - 01:22 PM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

actually worth it mah...

what is the market rate now?

is it 1% or 2%?

Little_prince praised this

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    5th Gear
    Author Image

is it 1% or 2%?

Standard rate I believe is 2% but most are happy to settle for 1%

Let these guys make a living  [;)] and do some work for u

I am not a property agent btw

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:36 PM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

yes yes please give agent a chance  [laugh]

another way is to find an agent friend or relative (almost everyone knows at least 1 agent right?? LOL)

ask him or her to help u advertise for free lah

i have helped some friends to advertise for free cos i cannot finish up the credits. But of course they would have to do all the leg work, paper work etc by themselves

Jamesc and Little_prince praised this

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

fakeagent is best

Garage36.com

Posted 23 September 2015 - 02:47 PM

cmdsea
  • cmdsea
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sold my HDB flat myself some years back and it was quite easy and straightforward. In fact, at the time the HDB even arranged weekend seminars to advise people who wished to do the process themselves. 

My advice.

1) If you do not like nuisance / speculative calls then do not use your regular phone number. Buy a pre-paid SIM for the duration of the transaction and then cancel it.

2) Do not rule out agents, just let them know you will pay them the usual co-broke commission if they bring you a successful buyer,  ie, 0.5%. This will give you access to a much wider pool of buyers as there are plenty of people that are too lazy to do their own research but just sit and wait to look at whatever their agent shows them. Of course if you find a buyer that responds direct then you can still avoid paying any commission..

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:51 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

is it 1% or 2%?

For me it has always been 0.5%

I hv sold several on my own.

Be sharp be decisive
Dont be emotional personal nor sentimental

Of course i pick the best time to sell
ie when everyone wants to buy.

Now just be ready to cut your price to push out the property.

Reality bites
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 23 September 2015 - 03:57 PM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

For me it has always been 0.5%

I hv sold several on my own.

Be sharp be decisive
Dont be emotional personal nor sentimental

Of course i pick the best time to sell
ie when everyone wants to buy.

Now just be ready to cut your price to push out the property.

Reality bites

thanks.

May I ask where do you advertise your past properties??

Posted 23 September 2015 - 09:15 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

thanks.

May I ask where do you advertise your past properties??

Word of mouth.
Whoever brings me a buyer that deals, i pay 0.5%.
In other words, i do the pitch myself.
Buyer gets to talk directly and nego directly with me the owner/seller.
No bulls**t no fuss, no beating around the bush
Price is very reasonable and at market, no shadowing.
True Genuine buyers like that.
Give away my CPF

Posted 23 September 2015 - 10:29 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

many thanks

your property is PC or landed ?

sell already buy HDB ? 

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:59 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

many thanks

So which property you selling, there are many buyers here
Give away my CPF

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:56 PM

rashid2752
  • rashid2752
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

So which property you selling, there are many buyers here

Most difficult thing to sell by your self is probably to get buyer. 

Some way of getting buyer is via Advertising 

-Property website like Guru or STproperty or Clickproperty or Propertyfactsheet

-Classified like Gumtree etc.. 

Or what Throttle2 mentioned, via Forum if they allowed you to do so... 

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:09 AM

Zavi
  • Zavi
    Clutched
    Author Image

Few years back when property is hot, it was easy to do own sale/rent as there were many ready buyers/tenants on the market. Managed to do this on my own then.

Recent years have proven to be difficult. Now prefer to use agent as they've a better network. But do get a reliable and honest agent who will look after your interest. 

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: house, agent, sell, selling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users