New BMW 218i Coupe

Joewu

banging table at PML is a priceless experience ... enjoy it ... LOL

True enough. The service consultant told me the stain is from bird shit. But it will eat and goes under the paint clear coat. Is he bird shitting me?
↡ Advertisement

Do you have some "technique" that allows you to service outside and retain warranty?

Else, you're just stating the obvious...

Don't think its obvious at all in many ways, but well. i'm not here to prove a  point. 

Clutched

Can you share where are the good workshops? Thanks!

Frankly, i think servicing outside is better, even during the warranty period. Also. after visiting 5-6 workshops. i've noticed a few that stand HEAD and shoulders above the rest in terms of product knowledge and service. 

I strongly suggest servicing outside. and you can pm me for my experiences if you wish. 

I think the actress car looked like a 3 series coupe to me.

Some members said R2D Rodney has very good tech knowledge on BMW..

Unless got problem.. Normal oil change all these your normal preferred workshop also can do

Neutral Newbie

Frankly, i think servicing outside is better, even during the warranty period. Also. after visiting 5-6 workshops. i've noticed a few that stand HEAD and shoulders above the rest in terms of product knowledge and service.

I strongly suggest servicing outside. and you can pm me for my experiences if you wish.

I think the actress car looked like a 3 series coupe to me.

Sheepy, wouldn't going to another outside workshop void the warranty?

I thought of the 2 series but heart pain to pull trigger.

(edited)

Can you share where are the good workshops? Thanks!

R2D. Its AMAZING. MInd Blown. The owner (Rodney) Personally checks every car that goes through. they work by appointment only, meaning you get their undivided attention when you go.

For me its 2 things :

1) i Want to know exactly whats being done

2) I Want transparency about exactly what needs to be done and someone to explain the pros/cons

Rodney is an honest guy, and his workshop more than delivers on what i had hoped for.

His technical knowledge is a cut above everyone else I've met.

Sheepy, wouldn't going to another outside workshop void the warranty?

I thought of the 2 series but heart pain to pull trigger.

Hey indeed. It will void the warranty maybe, but how i see it is that issues are most likely to crop up after the warranty period ANYWAY, and i wanna have the best service possible in the meantime. For example, rod recommended millers nanodrive engine oil, and its EXCELLENT. Can't believe there was a noticeable difference from a engine oil change.

2 series with a bigger engine is a REALLY fun car (i'm not a practical guy at all, fun is the biggest criteria in my purchase decision). Though frankly the n20 was a little underwhelming for me and the vibrations are a bit annoying though most people not OCD like me won't notice it.

Thinking of switching over to the B58 in the240i that was just announced at the end of the year.

Edited by sheepysheep

Considering to buy an used 218i as I never like diesel engine with 216D.

Any existing owners of the 218i to feedback on any major issues with this model?

Else will be going for the GLA180.

Thanks

Twincharged

I like the 240i,but i am surprised the 240i got less equipment than the 230i,230i get Leather Seats while the 240i came with Cloth Seats,240i got a basic Audio & 230i got a Premium Brand Audio,really strange :a-confused:  :mellow:

I like the 240i,but i am surprised the 240i got less equipment than the 230i,230i get Leather Seats while the 240i came with Cloth Seats,240i got a basic Audio & 230i got a Premium Brand Audio,really strange :a-confused:  :mellow:

F30 340i and F36 440i better equipment than the 240i  [drivingcar]

PML cars all like that...unless special indent...but very expensive and long waiting time  [rolleyes]

Twincharged

F30 340i and F36 440i better equipment than the 240i  [drivingcar]

PML cars all like that...unless special indent...but very expensive and long waiting time  [rolleyes]

I mean 230i[2.0] compare with the same series 240i[3.0 in line 6],not about 3 series.

I mean 230i[2.0] compare with the same series 240i[3.0 in line 6],not about 3 series.

You saw the lowest specced model. You can spec up if you want.

(edited)

Currently available 230 is M sports edition and 240 is M performance

Alcantara Sports seats for 240 are more expensive than Dakota for 230 and Sensotec for 218 respectively

M performance equipment list should be better than M sports

If you want to know what is standard, go to the UK website. The rest are all options.

BMW Asia bring in for PML, equipment caters for SG tropical climate

Only PI ones are UK specs

Edited by Pohhenry

By right M performance equipment list should be better than M sports

BMW Asia bring in for PML, equipment caters more for SG tropical climate

That’s the point. What is “standard” is decided by PML and Munich based on the price they want to sell to you. Mainly for logistical and homologation convenience. If you do not like the options, spec up.

That’s the point. What is “standard” is decided by PML and Munich based on the price they want to sell to you. Mainly for logistical and homologation convenience. If you do not like the options, spec up.

Actually Bmw Asia is the one doing the indent not PML

As for equipment list wise is based on what is suitable for SG

Even Malaysia BMW is different from SG although both owned by Sime Darby

Special indent car with different options not only expensive but long waiting time

Alcantara Sports seats for 240 are more expensive than Dakota for 230 and Sensotec for 218 respectively

M performance equipment list should be better than M sports

BMW Asia bring in for PML, equipment caters for SG tropical climate

Tropicalisation is BS la.

The only difference is air cond. But factory setting for air cond is Europe and not Tropical.

↡ Advertisement