Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

changing stock A4 rim to replica ones, I rather keep the stock rims as they are less prone to problems.  @espeyap

else, im running PS4 for 15K Km, no problems, water puddle, less aquaplaning than 3, cos the grooves are bigger and can dissipate water faster.  noise level, almost or comparable to 3, as they are basically for the same market.

bought mine under agent tyres, 200+ per tyre, 225/40/18

just my personal POV

PI vs Agent

similar to Our car PI vs Agent

PI tire

cost usually slightly lower but no always

No Mic Factory warranty

unknown source meaning when got problem who will help you?

Quality diff ? No , so long is Mic produced they are same Quality

but , to me is Suitability (weather , road condition etc) 

If your store you can trust just go ahead , don't worry about all this.

(how to trust ? ask them if any thing problem are there going to refer you to Mic Agent ?

If the answer is yes he will refer you to Mic / Agent, I doubt Mic / Agent will entertain you , because the store maynot  be their authorized dealer 

changing stock A4 rim to replica ones, I rather keep the stock rims as they are less prone to problems.  @espeyap

else, im running PS4 for 15K Km, no problems, water puddle, less aquaplaning than 3, cos the grooves are bigger and can dissipate water faster.  noise level, almost or comparable to 3, as they are basically for the same market.

Replica Rim likely to have problem?  They are mostly make from Taiwan right?

What are typical problems that are likely to happen on these type of replica Rim?

• Praise 1

(edited)

It's understandable some people are more kiasi than others.

Buy based on your own comfort level.

It's like why some people only buy Rolex from Singapore and not from PI (overseas set)

Cos they think local sets are made by Rolex and overseas sets are not.

Edited by Theoldjaffa
  • Praise 1

It's understandable some people are more kiasi than others.

Buy based on your own comfort level.

It's like why some people only buy Rolex from Singapore and not from PI (overseas set)

Cos they think local sets are made by Rolex and overseas sets are not.

it is truth , buying Rolex watch most are Kiasi,

My friend told me , Rolex is offering International Warranty , meaning if you buy in Singapore , you will be serve in any part of the world so long is Original and Genuine even without the Proof of purchased.

My friend said that is only One type of Quality regardless of wearing By Ang Mo / Chinese / African, it has no weather issue.

that is why they can offer the Int'l warranty

Will you want to Buy a Rolex watch cost you $20k from a Back yard store?

yes

I will if I know them and they can produced to me the Warranty card and I will verify it With Rolex service center.   

it is truth , buying Rolex watch most are Kiasi,

My friend told me , Rolex is offering International Warranty , meaning if you buy in Singapore , you will be serve in any part of the world so long is Original and Genuine even without the Proof of purchased.

My friend said that is only One type of Quality regardless of wearing By Ang Mo / Chinese / African, it has no weather issue.

that is why they can offer the Int'l warranty

Will you want to Buy a Rolex watch cost you $20k from a Back yard store?

yes

I will if I know them and they can produced to me the Warranty card and I will verify it With Rolex service center.

There is a difference between buying from an authorised dealer from overseas, vs buying from a "backyard" store.

Same for tyres.

It is ok to be kiasi, really. No one is saying that's wrong.

Just don't think of people who are not kiasi as silly and as not doing the right things.

We all have our own choices. Make your own informed one.

• Praise 2

Replica Rim likely to have problem?  They are mostly make from Taiwan right?

What are typical problems that are likely to happen on these type of replica Rim?

Well replica rims are prone to warping. It is also prone to giving way when in an accident.  Then again just drive normally and you should be fine. 

• Praise 1

I had 2 sets of enkei, 1 set of SSR and 2 sets of taiwan replica before. I noticed alot of weights stick on replica rims compare to stock or a good set of wheels during balancing. There was once i overheard the tyre shop guy telling one customer that one of his rim had crack on it. It sure look like a replica set to me. Owner asked tyre shop if can weld it. Faint!!

• Praise 1

Any good place to recommend and install PS4 16inches? 

• Praise 1

There is a difference between buying from an authorised dealer from overseas, vs buying from a "backyard" store.

Same for tyres.

It is ok to be kiasi, really. No one is saying that's wrong.

Just don't think of people who are not kiasi as silly and as not doing the right things.

We all have our own choices. Make your own informed one.

sorry for idiot Question

My friend was iN Watch business, he said so long your Rolex Watch come with Original Warranty Doc (except counterfeit one)

your watch is covered international Warranty , meaning so long you have problem I any part of the world you can just go to Authorized Rolex service center they will help you at No Cost (but didn't ask how long is the Warranty) 

Watches has no Weather and road condition issue thus they can give worldwide warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong

sorry for idiot Question

My friend was iN Watch business, he said so long your Rolex Watch come with Original Warranty Doc (except counterfeit one)

your watch is covered international Warranty , meaning so long you have problem I any part of the world you can just go to Authorized Rolex service center they will help you at No Cost (but didn't ask how long is the Warranty) 

Watches has no Weather and road condition issue thus they can give worldwide warranty.

Correct me if I am wrong

the wording is ambiguous. it says international warranty, but it doesn't say if the warranty is transferable. it's ok if you buy the watch from an AD in Europe, you are the first owner and the card and invoice reflects your name. warranty is honoured worldwide.

but if you buy a watch from a private owner, or from grey dealer, i dunno if the warranty is still covered.

that said, i dun care about warranty as long as the watch is genuine and is available at a much cheaper cost. a rolex is a rolex. it must be well made the moment it leaves the factory.

same goes for PI Michelins. If it's made by Michelin, and comes from a reputable shop, it is ok for me.

anyway, warranty for tyres is a joke. how to claim warranty?

• Praise 1

sorry for idiot Question

Correct me if I am wrong

Hi bro, correct you on the Rolex warranty or tyre warranty? haha :a-fun:

New Rolex watch has 6 years international warranty but not sure about tyre...have to check with tyre manufacturer.

Apple phone has 1 year warranty but for local only, so any repair outside Singapore is not cover.

Correct me if I am wrong?

• Praise 1

Hi bro, yesterday I was Autobacs and saw they having promotion for PS4 tyre buy 2 get 2 free.

For 225/45/R17 of 4 tyres is $660...I think is cheap.

Maybe you want to check it out for R16 tyre.

• Praise 1

Just installed 205/55R16 PS4 on my Mazda 5 on Monday at Autobacs Dunearn. Just nice my profile got the buy 2 free 2 promo. Paid $518 in total (if need to replace valve it's $1 per pc. I didn't replace because mine got TPMS) and added another $50 for alignment (they got promo at 50% off usual price). Very worth it in my opinion as it comes with lifetime free Nitrogen gas refill, tyre patching and balancing/rotation.

• Praise 4

the wording is ambiguous. it says international warranty, but it doesn't say if the warranty is transferable. it's ok if you buy the watch from an AD in Europe, you are the first owner and the card and invoice reflects your name. warranty is honoured worldwide.

but if you buy a watch from a private owner, or from grey dealer, i dunno if the warranty is still covered.

that said, i dun care about warranty as long as the watch is genuine and is available at a much cheaper cost. a rolex is a rolex. it must be well made the moment it leaves the factory.

same goes for PI Michelins. If it's made by Michelin, and comes from a reputable shop, it is ok for me.

anyway, warranty for tyres is a joke. how to claim warranty?

the warranty is transferable with t & c apply ( the main T&C: proof of purchase / warranty card within the period)

For Motor car sold here by Authorised Agent , the warranty is transferable If the car is sold by them (exclude PI)

I prefer warranty for Rolex item ,because if the Watch fail I could go back to their service center to help me fix the problem

As for tire , PI tires are not genuine product , to me is more of the suitability, but that doesn't meant all PI are not suitable here

↡ Advertisement