Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

On PSS, I could inflate it to 240kpa and they give me great cornering feel. In fact, after taking off the EU tire sticker on the tire and driving it on the road, you could get grip almost instantly. Like the tire some how gripped the road absorbing all the dust and dirt.

Now on these f**ked up Goodyear A3s I have to inflate it to 260-270. Even at such a high pressure, they drive like shit. The only saving grace is that they drive pretty well on the wet. But you're not gonna push it hard in the rain. 

I'm not sure about whether the sidewall is f**king soft for the other sizes but it sure is for 225/45/18. The dude from arrow tires was right, once you're used to the grip of PSS, you will probably find the Goodyear A3s inferior except in the rain.

Haha this is proof that Goodyear tires have really weak sidewalls. I never had any issue on my Michelin PSS.

even for PS4 i am using the same size the side wall are also softer as compare to PS3, even the installer also mention that it's softer so he pump 250 instead of my normal 240 ride is more spongy even at 250 as compare to PS3 but more steering is more directional and sharp.

care to share how much u got your AS3 for this size. for PS4 i got it at 260 each CnC.

↡ Advertisement

even for PS4 i am using the same size the side wall are also softer as compare to PS3, even the installer also mention that it's softer so he pump 250 instead of my normal 240 ride is more spongy even at 250 as compare to PS3 but more steering is more directional and sharp.

care to share how much u got your AS3 for this size. for PS4 i got it at 260 each CnC.

PS4 is out in 225/45/18? 260 is expensive. You can get PSS for 280 in 225/45/18

I got AS3 for 230. Not worth it man.

I think for most 18 inch tyres, on average, the price difference vs PSS of the same size is about $30 per piece only, for those who wanted to compare.

for eg, 245/45/18 is $280 vs $310.

Bro Beng, can advise what is the best tyre for 245/45/18? I'm looking for overall dry and wet champion, regardless of wear rate, sound and price.

Thanks in advance.

PS4 is out in 225/45/18? 260 is expensive. You can get PSS for 280 in 225/45/18

I got AS3 for 230. Not worth it man.

I love pss. 1set set used for 75k km. Good wet n dry n Corning grip...Still haven't touch min thread wear but change it cos road noise a bit loud

Just changed pss again last month

Lovin them

I love pss. 1set set used for 75k km. Good wet n dry n Corning grip...Still haven't touch min thread wear but change it cos road noise a bit loud

Lovin them

Yes they are f**king awesome.

Bro Beng, can advise what is the best tyre for 245/45/18? I'm looking for overall dry and wet champion, regardless of wear rate, sound and price.

Thanks in advance.

Well since the original RFTs were replaced with the current PSS, its has only been PSS so far so I cannot compare with other brands based on personal experience.  I read a mix of reviews good n bad on GY Asym-3.  I believe CSC 6 will be very good based on past experience with CSC 5P.  

I usually use and pick in this order - Michelin, Continental, Pirelli and then..maybe Goodyear.  I will never ever use any Japanese tyres no matter what people say.

• Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Why not? I'm curious to know why.

Well since the original RFTs were replaced with the current PSS, its has only been PSS so far so I cannot compare with other brands based on personal experience.  I read a mix of reviews good n bad on GY Asym-3.  I believe CSC 6 will be very good based on past experience with CSC 5P.  

I usually use and pick in this order - Michelin, Continental, Pirelli and then..maybe Goodyear.  I will never ever use any Japanese tyres no matter what people say.

• Praise 1

i used Dunlop maxx rt on my pervious small car. handling in wet and dry is good, road feedback and progressiveness also good.

now I changed the oem rft to Michelin ps4 immediately after collecting my small car too. handling in wet/dry, road feedback and

progressiveness is better than Dunlop maxx.

can't tell the different in noise level.

Lovin them

pss used for 75k km? [shocked]

most users I know get less than 1/4 of that before having to change.

Should be typo? I cant believe PSS can last beyond even 50k. Unless using 255/35 on a 900kg car maybe.

I am torn between PSS and F3 now. I think PSS is still better? But PSS has been out for nearly 6+ years and F3 is new. After so long still cant beat a 6 year old design?

Edited by Ake109

ya..still havent even reached the min wear guide.

but i changed it after 2.5years

Should be typo? I cant believe PSS can last beyond even 50k. Unless using 255/35 on a 900kg car maybe.

I am torn between PSS and F3 now. I think PSS is still better? But PSS has been out for nearly 6+ years and F3 is new. After so long still cant beat a 6 year old design?

seriously? 

im on 19" staggard rear 275mm front 245mm

still have at least 2mm from thread wear guide

now on 2nd set

another 2.5years i post here again  :XD:

Twincharged

ya..still havent even reached the min wear guide.

but i changed it after 2.5years

seriously? 

im on 19" staggard rear 275mm front 245mm

still have at least 2mm from thread wear guide

now on 2nd set

another 2.5years i post here again  :XD:

75k km on one set of tires is amazing what more grippy ones like PSS. you only drive highway?

75k km on one set of tires is amazing what more grippy ones like PSS. you only drive highway?

Mostly highway.

.some hard cornering at times...

multi-storey carparks

Check air pressure every month

• Praise 2

My little non-technical review on PS4. Initially wanted to get PSS but the few shops i asked did not have stocks for my size.

Been on PS4 for 2 months, size 225/45/17. Previous was GR100 215/50/17 so I will give comparison between these 2 even though they are different class of tyres. Rims unchanged. Car is a sylphy 1.6t. Tyre pressure are generally as per OEM specs, 230 front, 210 rear. My main requirements for tyres are a balance of wet performance, stability on corner, comfort and quiet. Both tyres are similar price around $180 at the specified sizes above.

The GR100 are known to be comfort tyres but my butt really does not detect any loss in comfort on PS4. The noise level is v slightly higher but to me still acceptable. It is in the stability and wet that the PS4 shines. Cornering stability improved noticeably as the sidewalls are obviously stiffer than GR100. Where previously I feel both g force and car flipping over at certain conditions, now i feel g force and car planted firmly.

So overall I would say the PS4 are really great tyres. I value comfort very much (family) which was the reason I got GR100 previously. But the performance on wet and overall stability led me to change after just 1 year. The PS4 really outshine Gr100 in every aspects except noise (by a little). I was a fan of GR series (had 80, 90, 100) but i think i will never go back again. They are not bad I must say.

Oh, the wet performance of PS4. I used to get some sort of aquaplane-like symptons going over water patches. With the PS4, i had not experienced it over 2 months.

• Praise 5

I think Michelin doesn't disappoint when it comes to performance. I have a feeling it allows your car to feel as if it has firmer suspension on it providing better cornering feel.

Mostly highway.

.some hard cornering at times...

multi-storey carparks

Check air pressure every month

Seriously. Even highway Most of the time 75k is a lot. That almost like 1/3 of most car travel life time.

Guess u must be fixing skates jack below your car to cushion the force. Lol

Edited by Victorco
↡ Advertisement