Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

dun need worry too much about brand.

for normal driving, if burget dun allow, some cheaper brand will do just fine.

singpaore tyres control very strict ,

all the brands u see including make in china is perfectly safe,

street legal , lta approve to use.

unless u are the type of driver that love to push your car to the limit,

or see puddle of water, instead of slowing down, u speed up to test tyre performance,

then i dun want say

I used westlake tyre for company Van last time

Now I'm a expert in changing tyre n skib

↡ Advertisement

Looks still ok leh.. Is it slippery already??

Not at all.

Cos I wanted to rotate my rear tyres to the front. Then the AD says the rear tyres are almost gone, it's risky to move to the front since it's rainy season. Do I still want to proceed?

In my mind I'm thinking Wu yia Bo, so fast? The tyres are used for only 11 months and clocked 20500km mileage.

I found them OK just wanna seek opinions from experts here.

Thai made PS4 ST 225/40/R18 with 320 threadwear rating.

Not at all.

Cos I wanted to rotate my rear tyres to the front. Then the AD says the rear tyres are almost gone, it's risky to move to the front since it's rainy season. Do I still want to proceed?

In my mind I'm thinking Wu yia Bo, so fast? The tyres are used for only 11 months and clocked 20500km mileage.

Looks ok to me.

Would continue using.

• Praise 1

Not at all.

Like this need to change means a lot of pple tyres also need to change Liao...even mine, only 11k km...

Not at all.

If used for 11 months and only 20k mileage... and it's "balding".. I would go back to manufacturer on warranty and ask how come so buay last. 

Get a 2nd opinion because honestly cannot really tell from the pictures. 

• Praise 1

Thanks to all who replied! Will use for another 10k then see how

If true, is it PS4 wear issue or you drive like Lewis Hamilton? Please update hor as it is of public interest here. 1 yr and 20k is really not reasonable.

If true, is it PS4 wear issue or you drive like Lewis Hamilton? Please update hor as it is of public interest here. 1 yr and 20k is really not reasonable.

I drive normally. Seldom launch. I don't corner that fast also.. max 80km/h on CTE southbound exit to PIE Tuas for example.

Maybe @fastfive1 can comment on the tyre thread?

I drive normally. Seldom launch. I don't corner that fast also.. max 80km/h on CTE southbound exit to PIE Tuas for example.

Maybe @fastfive1 can comment on the tyre thread?

I got about just over 30k km on my current set of Thailand made PS4 tires. It looks similar to your wear rate. My previous set of German PS4 tires have about 50-60k km on them now, those are near the wear indicators liao. I would say that both the thai made and german made PS4 tires wear out at about the same rate. I clocked about 35k km on my German set before giving it away to a relative when I sold my old car. He has been happily using it till now. I figure he has clocked about 20k km on them already.

I got about just over 30k km on my current set of Thailand made PS4 tires. It looks similar to your wear rate. My previous set of German PS4 tires have about 50-60k km on them now, those are near the wear indicators liao. I would say that both the thai made and german made PS4 tires wear out at about the same rate. I clocked about 35k km on my German set before giving it away to a relative when I sold my old car. He has been happily using it till now. I figure he has clocked about 20k km on them already.

Thanks. Where is the wear indicator?

Do you mean that my tyre thread is about to up lorry liao?

Thanks. Where is the wear indicator?

Do you mean that my tyre thread is about to up lorry liao?

The wear indicator is that thingy in the middle on the "long kang" on your tire. Look at the second pic you posted.

No you still have quite a bit of meat left on your tire. Dont need to change so soon.

• Praise 1

I had PS3 and spain PS4. PS3 is known for long durability. Ps4 is normal durability. theoldjaffa PS4 seems like quite a lot of meat left can use for at least 20k more. Technically can gauge from the deep groove before hitting the wear out indicator.

My experience is that PS4 becomes noisy after just a while. So if u like to have quiet tyres can consider change. I am on f1a3 now and it is quieter than PS4.

I had PS3 and spain PS4. PS3 is known for long durability. Ps4 is normal durability. theoldjaffa PS4 seems like quite a lot of meat left can use for at least 20k more. Technically can gauge from the deep groove before hitting the wear out indicator.

My experience is that PS4 becomes noisy after just a while. So if u like to have quiet tyres can consider change. I am on f1a3 now and it is quieter than PS4.

You are right. The PS4 is quite noisy. My dad's Prius is quieter than my car!

I usually change my tyres at 2 years or 40k whichever earlier.

I have used F1A2 for the longest time but it seems like the A3 is not as good, that's why I used the PS4.

• Praise 1

You are right. The PS4 is quite noisy. My dad's Prius is quieter than my car!

I usually change my tyres at 2 years or 40k whichever earlier.

I have used F1A2 for the longest time but it seems like the A3 is not as good, that's why I used the PS4.

My PS4 used around 1.5 years 30k. When you say a3 is not as good is it from reviews and local forums or you had used it before? My own research is that both tyres have good reviews and the one main difference is that the f1a3 is very quiet. Therefore I decided to try. Admittedly, I had only used them for 600km but the experience had indeed been what I read about. Rainy days past weeks and I don't have problems with wet road unlike my previous gr100. PS4 also no prob with wet. On some roads that are known to be v smooth and quiet, I find the smoothness and quietness of a1f3 scary. Some local guys had also made similar comments.

As this is PS4 thread, I must comment that PS4 is a very good tyres for the money and I had always recommend it and still does. The is no best tyres but many good tyres. Depends on what you emphasize. This is why I have owned 11 different sets of tyres, none of them are repeat of the same model.

My PS4 used around 1.5 years 30k. When you say a3 is not as good is it from reviews and local forums or you had used it before? My own research is that both tyres have good reviews and the one main difference is that the f1a3 is very quiet. Therefore I decided to try. Admittedly, I had only used them for 600km but the experience had indeed been what I read about. Rainy days past weeks and I don't have problems with wet road unlike my previous gr100. PS4 also no prob with wet. On some roads that are known to be v smooth and quiet, I find the smoothness and quietness of a1f3 scary. Some local guys had also made similar comments.

As this is PS4 thread, I must comment that PS4 is a very good tyres for the money and I had always recommend it and still does. The is no best tyres but many good tyres. Depends on what you emphasize. This is why I have owned 11 different sets of tyres, none of them are repeat of the same model.

Erm, if you drive with the Goodyear tires a little longer you'll realise how weird those tires feel. There is barely any feedback. Yeah it is very quiet. These are comfort tires with some added grip. You might also notice that there is less grip when you take corners on a dry day.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the feedback. I took it from the tyre guru @fastfive1. Although I'm not a spirited driver most of the time, I do value good tyres.

Moreover the price differential between PS4 and F1A3 is not as great as before. Therefore I decided to try PS4.

600km is too early for an accurate review since all tyres are mostly still quiet when new. May I know what size r u using and how much it cost per pc?

• Praise 1

Thanks for the feedback. I took it from the tyre guru @fastfive1. Although I'm not a spirited driver most of the time, I do value good tyres.

Moreover the price differential between PS4 and F1A3 is not as great as before. Therefore I decided to try PS4.

600km is too early for an accurate review since all tyres are mostly still quiet when new. May I know what size r u using and how much it cost per pc?

I shared more info in the f1a3 thread. 225/45/17. 150 per piece fr leong seng. Tyres date code was 1 year old at time of install.

Erm, if you drive with the Goodyear tires a little longer you'll realise how weird those tires feel. There is barely any feedback. Yeah it is very quiet. These are comfort tires with some added grip. You might also notice that there is less grip when you take corners on a dry day.

Thanks for yoir advice. Will watch out and be careful. My car not sports car just a small sedan less than 250hp. And being family man i try to look for balance.
↡ Advertisement