Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

The GR100 are known to be comfort tyres but my butt really does not detect any loss in comfort on PS4. The noise level is v slightly higher but to me still acceptable. It is in the stability and wet that the PS4 shines. Cornering stability improved noticeably as the sidewalls are obviously stiffer than GR100. Where previously I feel both g force and car flipping over at certain conditions, now i feel g force and car planted firmly.

So overall I would say the PS4 are really great tyres. I value comfort very much (family) which was the reason I got GR100 previously. But the performance on wet and overall stability led me to change after just 1 year. The PS4 really outshine Gr100 in every aspects except noise (by a little). I was a fan of GR series (had 80, 90, 100) but i think i will never go back again. They are not bad I must say.

I used GR90 when it was last launched, immediately grabbed a set since online reviews say "great combo comfort n performance".  BS.  I ditched it after just 3 months, replacing with CSC 5P at that time.  Those were 19 inch low profile tyres.

They were comfortable?  I don't find it comfy for the size I was using.  They were terrible/horrible in performance.  If you wanna experience oversteer/understeer naturally when running up North, or tail swinging and have your spouse next to you screaming at times when WOT, you can try, but your balls had better be titanium coated.  Thats all I can say.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
↡ Advertisement

I love pss. 1set set used for 75k km. Good wet n dry n Corning grip...Still haven't touch min thread wear but change it cos road noise a bit loud

Just changed pss again last month

Lovin them

Wah...how yours can tahan 75k km?  Mine usually last like 30k km or so nia.

hmmm...previous ride base on same driving pattern...ride was on 18" heavy chrome rims...toyo, goodyear, and last was kumho ...all were performance tires and .all lasted around 50~55k km

But for new ride, I went for more expensive PSS each around $350/19" used them for 75k km...

similar driving pattern, but harder cornering (jin song)......tires jin worth it

I was amazed too, since 50 k km, i started checking the wear occasionally.  

75k km went servicing at PML also bo suggest to change tyres.  but i changed it anyway cos more road noise maybe harder rubber over time, plus used 2.5years already

maybe less hard braking helps reduce wear too.  My first brake pads changed at 75k km together with tires.

now on 2nd set at 5k km already.

if i dont change ride before 150k km, will post here again on the wear

if PSS life so short (below 50k km) i wont change again for the same.  

• Praise 1

we have to understand GR100 and Michelin super sport is not same league

to compare performance and comfort

do remember to ask what you want?

just like a Subaru WRX (esti $150,000) vs Toyota Camry (est $155,000)

ask yourself what do you expect/want ?

just MHO 

• Praise 2

I used GR90 when it was last launched, immediately grabbed a set since online reviews say "great combo comfort n performance".  BS.  I ditched it after just 3 months, replacing with CSC 5P at that time.  Those were 19 inch low profile tyres.

They were comfortable?  I don't find it comfy for the size I was using.  They were terrible/horrible in performance.  If you wanna experience oversteer/understeer naturally when running up North, or tail swinging and have your spouse next to you screaming at times when WOT, you can try, but your balls had better be titanium coated.  Thats all I can say.

low profile tyres but want comfort?

That's like saying driving a 6l car but want good FC

• Praise 4

we have to understand GR100 and Michelin super sport is not same league

to compare performance and comfort

do remember to ask what you want?

just like a Subaru WRX (esti $150,000) vs Toyota Camry (est $155,000)

ask yourself what do you expect/want ?

just MHO 

add 1 point

size also matter (from 2155017 to 2254517)

• Praise 1

add 1 point

size also matter (from 2155017 to 2254517)

Yes, thanks.

I specified the sizes (and constant pressure) to highlight that even though the PS4 is thinner it is able to absorb shocks as well as the fatter gr100. I also highlighted that comparisons are made due to the change from tyre A to tyre B on the same equipment, and they are not same class.

Btw, this thread is about PS4, hence my sharing, in case forumers mistook me as using PSS (wanted to but can't find).

PS4 wet grip is good!

• Praise 1

I wanted to change to PSS 225/45/R17 but no stock ended up put on PS4 at $180 per tyre. Last check with my regular tyre shop that PSS on 225/45/R17 has stock at $220 each.

also looking at PSS 225/45/R17. $220 seems pretty steep [knife]

any bros have price for this size for PS4?

Edited by Jumpmanz
  • Praise 1

GR90 consider as performance tyres? You should be looking at the Potenza series for performance.

What car are you driving to put on GR90?

• Praise 2

GR90 consider as performance tyres? You should be looking at the Potenza series for performance.

What car are you driving to put on GR90?

yup, GR series are not performance tyres.

hmmm. you should have gone for PS3 back then. guess the price difference also not much compared to GR90.

Wah...how yours can tahan 75k km?  Mine usually last like 30k km or so nia.

You got your PS4 tires already? I went down to take a look at the PS4s. Don't seem very impressive compared to the PSS.

yup, GR series are not performance tyres

copied from bs info digest

you don't have to compromised performance for a more comfortable ride ,turanza delivered  both

they claimed this tire is developed for Luxury sedans

its boils down to individual expectation ,

If I am driving a benz E250 I will put on this tire

if is for benz E63 AMG this turanza is rubbish

so sometime I need to ask myself I is my need first and want 2nd

A E200(200bhp) and E500(350bhp) driving at 150km/h on turanza tire  straight road , the tire will provide equal handling or performance.( I am referring to tire performance) 

Putting a Super performance tire will not increase your car performance ,it only help your car to maximize its performance .

Slogan of Pirelli tire : Power is nothing without Control

Control = Driver ? Brake ? do not forget Tire ( is the only 4 contacts btw car and road 

any one like to add or share more are always welcome

Car like Porsche  Ferrari Lambo please don't ask for Quiet tire ( that they claim I don't drive fast ), you need specific tire to hold and handle your performance car not you

Tires company wont spent R&D  for no reason (Power is nothing without Control )

• Praise 3

You got your PS4 tires already? I went down to take a look at the PS4s. Don't seem very impressive compared to the PSS.

I am the KIASU KIASEE beng, so I ve gone for PSS again.  Changed 2 piece at the rear only.  

WHY PS4 no gud?  Arent they brother brother tayar?

• Praise 1

I am the KIASU KIASEE beng, so I ve gone for PSS again.  Changed 2 piece at the rear only.  

WHY PS4 no gud?  Arent they brother brother tayar?

PS4 Sidewall seems soft compared to PSS. In fact it seems softer than even goodyear. Not sure why though

PS4 Sidewall seems soft compared to PSS. In fact it seems softer than even goodyear. Not sure why though

Trying to be Jack of all trades. 

The soft sidewalls makes PS4 a very comfortable tyre for daily use. 

The dry grip is definitely not as good as PSS but wet grip and resistance to aquaplaning is there. 

Have been enjoying my PS4 for 4mths after I ditched my Pirelli PZeros after 1 month.

Size: 225/45/17

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1