Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

i recently bought yokohama v105 245/40/18, 200 per piece

i reckon for my size, pz4 will cost a lot more?

Last I check in Oct 17, cheapest around $260/ piece.
↡ Advertisement

thanks,

not sure if the ''upgrade'' is worth $60

It is a good tyre, better than my outgoing CSC3. I read many reviews and it is always in the top 5 for tyres in this category. $60 over 2-3 years ok lah.

It is a good tyre, better than my outgoing CSC3. I read many reviews and it is always in the top 5 for tyres in this category. $60 over 2-3 years ok lah.

ya, i'm sure its a very good tyre.

just that compared to v105, just wondering how much more 'good' it has.

(edited)

Michelin will not disappoint.

My current set of PSS has been on my lao pok car for 2 years and 3 months liao.  Still got 1mm before flush with wear indicator.  Altho the grip lvl is perhaps only 80% compared to new, 80% grip here is still gripping like a virgin, Madonna say one.

Thr tyres have done 39k km.  Another 1k km and I will hold a grand farewell party.  Up next will definitely be either PS4 or Gy Asym-3.

Good tyre is good tyre.  No horse run one. 

Edited by Ahbengdriver

i recently bought yokohama v105 245/40/18, 200 per piece

i reckon for my size, pz4 will cost a lot more?

THIS $200 is probably offer / promo prices.

frankly speaking this yokohama v105 is also quite a good tire except it not very well known here.

THIS $200 is probably offer / promo prices.

frankly speaking this yokohama v105 is also quite a good tire except it not very well known here.

ya, quite hard to get a review on v105. 

Shortlisted PZ4 and this. Somehow PZ4 is out of stock during January. So took v105 and probably saved some money.

Finally ditched the 2 1/4 year old Michelin PSS which served me well and clocked 40k km.

Thought I will 'downgrade to a lesser tyre vs the old PSS', so didnt go with PS4S but the PS4 instead.  Size is 245/45/R18, and you know what?  MIC ! yes MIC !

But.....but but but....After the initial 1st 1 week of use, the Ahbengdriver club now officially endorses the PS4.  What a farking good tyre.  Even the other ABD-ers who tried my laopokcar with these new shoes say its amazing.  The traction around bents, swapping curves, braking, taking off, is so good.  Steering control and feel is absolutely precise.

Michelin is Michelin.  Well worth the money.  Changing tyes? Mai Tu Liao.  This is the tyre you need.

Edited by Ahbengdriver
  • Praise 3

Finally ditched the 2 1/4 year old Michelin PSS which served me well and clocked 40k km.

Thought I will 'downgrade to a lesser tyre vs the old PSS', so didnt go with PS4S but the PS4 instead. Size is 245/45/R18, and you know what? MIC ! yes MIC !

But.....but but but....After the initial 1st 1 week of use, the Ahbengdriver club now officially endorses the PS4. What a farking good tyre. Even the other ABD-ers who tried my laopokcar with these new shoes say its amazing. The traction around bents, swapping curves, braking, taking off, is so good. Steering control and feel is absolutely precise.

Michelin is Michelin. Well worth the money. Changing tyes? Mai Tu Liao. This is the tyre you need.

Bro can share which shop?

I've never seen any China made Michelins

ya, i'm sure its a very good tyre.

just that compared to v105, just wondering how much more 'good' it has.

Comparing to V105 of Yokohama?

For the first few weeks, I felt the same and kept thinking what nice and comfortable tyres the PS4 are.

But after, the feel-good effect is gone, perhaps due to me getting too used to them.

Still, they are good tyres.  Good choice.

Thought I will 'downgrade to a lesser tyre vs the old PSS', so didnt go with PS4S but the PS4 instead.  Size is 245/45/R18, and you know what?  MIC ! yes MIC !

But.....but but but....After the initial 1st 1 week of use, the Ahbengdriver club now officially endorses the PS4.  What a farking good tyre.  Even the other ABD-ers who tried my laopokcar with these new shoes say its amazing.  The traction around bents, swapping curves, braking, taking off, is so good.  Steering control and feel is absolutely precise.

Michelin is Michelin.  Well worth the money.  Changing tyes? Mai Tu Liao.  This is the tyre you need.

where to get Michelin 205/55/16? 

For the first few weeks, I felt the same and kept thinking what nice and comfortable tyres the PS4 are.

But after, the feel-good effect is gone, perhaps due to me getting too used to them.

Still, they are good tyres.  Good choice.

Eh i thought you wanted to try goodyear? Why neber try liao? Hahahaha

Eh i thought you wanted to try goodyear? Why neber try liao? Hahahaha

KNN...Goodyear no hab stock for the size when I wanted to change (*&%$#&&*%^*&(.

Actually hor, the PSS still can last another 5k km I think, esp the rear still got 1mm from the wear indicator.  But tyre shop taokay say I giamkana, so I save face to change PS4 lor.

KNN...Goodyear no hab stock for the size when I wanted to change (*&%$#&&*%^*&(.

Actually hor, the PSS still can last another 5k km I think, esp the rear still got 1mm from the wear indicator.  But tyre shop taokay say I giamkana, so I save face to change PS4 lor.

Well since you dont regret the change, that's a good thing lor. Dry grip not as good as the PSS right?

↡ Advertisement