Pzero is ultra-high performance tyre.

For F10, i will take P7. 

• Praise 1

P7 is touring tyre

Pzero is ultra-high performance tyre.

For F10, i will take P7.

Ok thanks bro
  • Praise 1

Does Michelin in particular PS4 205/50ZR16 Made in Thailand has any match mounting marking like the colour dots on Yokohama tyres?

Otherwise, what is the correct way of matching mounting PS4?

that's is a standard basic way of tire mounting (no one is equal) 

I asked because the workshop I went to install is the distributor of the group buy rims I joined. I opted for PS4 which they had to special indent because they do not represent this brand. The first time it was mounted and balanced, all the 4 wheels had counter weights as much as 10 pieces just on the outer rim. I had them remounted and balanced and it was reduced to 5 or less on either side of each rims. It could be reduced only because they had the reference of the first mount. I was told they usually follow the date marking if there is no match mounting markers. Can anyone verify if this is correct?

most tire had a light weight colour marking (usually Yellow in colour correct me is I am wrong) to Tire makers recommend this to be place near your Valve stem to minimize the amount of weight. Most importantly is the Skill of the Mech not Machine.

By the way, internal TPMS sensors were also installed but 1 was damaged. 

do not know why your TPMS spoil when is NEW , if new it should come with Warranty.

Installing of Internal TPMS require certain skill , is not like some say very easy work.

Having lost confidence in them, I went to LS to replace the sensor when the replacement sensor arrived. However, the first mount also resulted in as much as 10 pieces of counter weights on the outer rim and redoing still left it with 6.

Re mounting the tire does help to reduced the Weight , but most shop would practice this because it cost more work and not SOP.

At this point I was told Michelin do not have match mounting marking because their tyres are made with min weight difference on the entire circumference. If so, is it because of internal tpms sensor that made it "imbalance"? Anyway, I was then told in order to have min counter weights for Michelin, the only way is to use the more expensive road force balancer. I opted out not because of additional cost but rather I do not want to risk the other 3 tyres sensor being damage while remounting so just opting to road force balance one tyre doesn't make sense.

Yes Most Michelin tires doesn't have any match point ,may be they think their products are near perfect.

So anyone knows what is the proper way to match mount PS4 with and without internal tpms sensor and does it requires road force balancing to properly match mount?

Mounting the internal TPMS near some good procedures and Position wise we have no choice .

Road Force is a special machine test to tell the best position to  mount your 4 wheels.

it doesn't fix your tire and wheels, Road force only read your tire and wheels problem

• Praise 1

I forgot to update that all my 4 tyres counter weights are not opposite the internal tpms location where theoretically a perfectly balanced rim and tyre on their own should result as such with internal tpms installed.

It could logically mean the rims are not perfectly made and/or PS4 I have are also not perfectly made such that it still need match mounting.

I read just like hard disk, the best made ones called "prime" are all reserved for OEM, in this case car manufacturers. The remaining non-prime are sold in the retail market and these are what we all get. So Michelin claim that they do not need weight matching markers may only apply to these prime tyres.

So it could be the tyres though not ruling out the rims.

Therefore as per just some of these videos, road force matching seems to be needed. As can be seen, it needed to be mounted twice too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tz4c8Ne998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RzxgOpJzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcQczQsNVz8

My tpms was purchased online but thankfully, TyreDog was so nice to send a replacement. It comes with vibration detection feature and thus called tpvms rather than just plain tpms. And it appeared that road force balancing is all the more needed to avoid false positive.

Now looking for suitable workshop to redo and install my replacement sensor.

just changed to PS4 , good grip dry and wet weather...

I forgot to update that all my 4 tyres counter weights are not opposite the internal tpms location where theoretically a perfectly balanced rim and tyre on their own should result as such with internal tpms installed.

It could logically mean the rims are not perfectly made and/or PS4 I have are also not perfectly made such that it still need match mounting.

I read just like hard disk, the best made ones called "prime" are all reserved for OEM, in this case car manufacturers. The remaining non-prime are sold in the retail market and these are what we all get. So Michelin claim that they do not need weight matching markers may only apply to these prime tyres.

So it could be the tyres though not ruling out the rims.

Therefore as per just some of these videos, road force matching seems to be needed. As can be seen, it needed to be mounted twice too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tz4c8Ne998

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RzxgOpJzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcQczQsNVz8

My tpms was purchased online but thankfully, TyreDog was so nice to send a replacement. It comes with vibration detection feature and thus called tpvms rather than just plain tpms. And it appeared that road force balancing is all the more needed to avoid false positive.

Now looking for suitable workshop to redo and install my replacement sensor.

• Praise 1

is it true most tires  half way through, the performance drops drastically , some more than others? think ps4 quite drastic 

• Praise 1

4th Gear

I do feel the same.  Tyres do deteriorate over time, and mostly gradually, with some more gradual than the other.  We feel the drop drastic probably due to our own perception.  Regardless of the type of tyres, every change I felt it was drastically better than the previous.  Come some 3 months later, I often feel they're much worse than when they are new.

The experience could be due to our body acclimatising to the change.  After settling in with a new set of tyres, our baseline for comparison is now raised.  And after a couple of years of use, again our baseline is now lowered with the worn-out tyres and probably explains why every new sets of tyres feel better than the previous.

The only way to find out is scientific study, of course.

Nonetheless, PS4 are good tyres.

is it true most tires  half way through, the performance drops drastically , some more than others? think ps4 quite drastic 

• Praise 1

Just came back on a trip from NSH... to me, PS4 cannot compare to PSS especially on wet, very wet

Thanks for the feedback.

Now i am in dilemma.  What tyre to replace PSS?

Twincharged

Thanks for the feedback.

only PS4s will do

Thanks for the feedback.

only had  PSS and current PS4 on this car.... so can't advise

Just changed to PS4 (from PSS).  1st impression is sidewall is softer than PSS.

I think the shape is less squarish than PSS resulted in steering feels very light.