Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Divers

That's why I trust fat man Mich. Be it euro or Thai made.

GY, not so.....

Never go wrong with Michelin Man tyres.  Even hawker food got Michelin brand now.  I rather get a medium grade Michelin than a 'top grade' other brands tyre, assuming I want to save some pennies.

Thats why Michelin is the top tyre company.

Edited by Ahbengdriver

My one is made in Spain, got it from Alcorp. I do not trust Thailand rubbers, had bad experience with made in Thai Goodyear tyres.

no offence

is not the country made

is you choose the brand that do not quite believe in Quality consistency.

Sorry fro the Brand

I find PS4 wet performance not so good. the car will pull to one side when cutting thru water "ponding" area on parts of the expressway on the right (Speeds at 90km/h - 100km/h). Not very decent for NSHW.   

Wet cruising is okie (80km/h).   

Wet test condition factor: Torrential Rain as per Last 2 week 

Corner grip is good on dry.  

Decent Tyre. Comfort is okie. Noise level is low. 

Car: w212 E200. Staggered Config. 245/40/18 & 265/35/18 

Mileage: 3000km. 

Rate: 8/10 

just sharing my opinion. 

I'm using PS3 on my Wish and so far so good....even on wet surface.

Tyre size: 225/50/17

Current Mileage = 32,600km.

Wet cruising: 140km/h at NSHW = Satifactory.

My next tyre will be PS4.

• Praise 1

Bossbthk> provide good sharing on PS4 on actual road performance during "Torrential Rain"

I believe his speed was too fast on wet weather at 90-100 km/hrs in NSH. Most of the tire test on wet road normally at 65-70 km/hrs which the data is based. Additional to this, the amount of water level on certain NSH stretches of road also different. Some more water some less. Usually, people stay on the high side of the road to reduce hydro plying on tire (own judgment)

As such, different road conditions different result. Difficult to conclude you are right or wrong.

As long as the driver has good judgment with control speed, we are on safe journey. Even F1 driver at BRZ circuit has difficulty to control during torrential rain weather. We are just commuter driver on normal car.

Edited by Tcx607
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

My one is made in Spain, got it from Alcorp. I do not trust Thailand rubbers, had bad experience with made in Thai Goodyear tyres.

I have heard that for PS4, the local distributor stock is actually from Thailand. The European ones are brought in by Parallel Importers. I was told that the European stock are not suitable for the local climate condition.

• Praise 1

I've heard that from Bridgestone too.

Tyres for Europe and SEA markets compounds got some difference.

My personal take, its still safe to use one lah.

There was a period when Bridgestones were very pricey due to high Yen so I used PI CSC2 instead cos price diff was like $40 per piece. No issues.

I have heard that for PS4, the local distributor stock is actually from Thailand. The European ones are brought in by Parallel Importers. I was told that the European stock are not suitable for the local climate condition.

I think that's just their way of telling you to buy from them.

• Praise 2

Bossbthk> provide good sharing on PS4 on actual road performance during "Torrential Rain"

I believe his speed was too fast on wet weather at 90-100 km/hrs in NSH. Most of the tire test on wet road normally at 65-70 km/hrs which the data is based. Additional to this, the amount of water level on certain NSH stretches of road also different. Some more water some less. Usually, people stay on the high side of the road to reduce hydro plying on tire (own judgment)

As such, different road conditions different result. Difficult to conclude you are right or wrong.

As long as the driver has good judgment with control speed, we are on safe journey. Even F1 driver at BRZ circuit has difficulty to control during torrential rain weather. We are just commuter driver on normal car.

Agreed with you...and I want to add that wheel alignment and high speed balancing @ every 10K also help better control on the road.

Neutral Newbie

I think that's just their way of telling you to buy from them.

This is from my uncle who is from this industry so I choose to trust this information.

This is from my uncle who is from this industry so I choose to trust this information.

Alright. Your choice. I'm one of those who trust German made products rather than Thailand made ones.

• Praise 1

Hmm, in that case, lambo or ferrari also cannot drive in singapore since not made in Asia.

Yes, I won't use a winter or a/s tyre from europe for sure but summer tyre? Same lah. I've used euro made tyres as well as tom yum made tyres.

• Praise 1

Spain got rubber plantation?

Correction conception should be engineered instead of manufactured.

Spain got rubber plantation?

Correction conception should be engineered instead of manufactured.

they buy the raw material then manufacture there.

if engineered else where,

u can alway see continental tyres writting big big

'engineered in germany.'

but small small  'make in xxxxxx'

nothing is equal

manufacturers or authorized agent had make it open about  their products Sales terms and conditions

so it is up to individual to accept.

every single of tire had marked the country of original , do you think they are so stupid to  tell you the truth the Thai made is lower Quality than German produced?

If they had make it cleared that sales condition is bla bla bla,If one decided to buy at his own way, should that particular product had any of the Manufactures Defects , he or she have to responsible for the decision made.

Just Like PI and Agent car, we all had read about some dispute and issue.

Now the choice is yours

just my POV

• Praise 1

Actually, whether or not you can make use of the supposed warranty from the agent is another thing.The warranty for locally supplied tires from the agent is useless because it's as good as no warranty at all. This is because it has to be some major defect with the tire before the warranty can be utilised. So I won't bother about warranty for tires. I've clocked about 7500km on these PS4s and they've served me well. So I wouldn't waste my time on agent tires unless you're telling me that PI tires are way older than the agent tires.

Warranty for a car like VW is a must given the DSG problems. That said, I've yet to make use of the 5 year warranty the car was given from 2013 till now.