Jiu Zhai Gou Valley China National Park

Boringchap

I got this video footage from a relative who went to China on a tour recently. This was a visit to the Jiu Zhai Gou national park.

China has 1.3bn people and their internal tourism will be enough to generate so much economic activity. See 1:17 for the crowds!

The waterfall was pretty neat. Not the majestic type, but because it wasn't too big, you could go near to it.

In Part 3, they took a coach to another part of the park and had to go uphill. They came to a place called Fairy Lake.

Happy viewing!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

give them few years ... it will be destroyed or damaged to a poor condition

unless the authority has the conviction to protect the natural park

many cultural and history site with invaluable historical value were poorly maintained or heavily damaged by tourist

Edited by Wt_know

that's worrying ... when become so popular ...

the park get abused heavily by hundreds of millions tourist visits

This place really become one of the top tourist attraction in china.

• Praise 1

many cultural and history site with invaluable historical value were poorly maintained or heavily damaged by tourist

I went to Jiu Zhai Gou in 1997 & it was much more protected now vs then.

I still have photo i took then.

(edited)

Yes, that is very possible indeed. They need to invest enough to protect the place from abuse.

Edited by Boringchap

I visited in 2009 after the earthquake.

It is the most scenic area I have visited. The crowds were pretty bad even then bit it is a highly protected area and there are limits to the number of visitors and most trials are not open for hikes.

Wo Long is the other place to see.

My parents went before.

Could have improved since my parents went many years ago.

In fact, think my in laws are going next year.

From the video, the mirror lake at NZ's milford sound probably better.

But i think a major issue will be the crowds. Hard to enjoy this when just tons of people standing around you.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

From the video, the mirror lake at NZ's milford sound probably better.

But i think a major issue will be the crowds. Hard to enjoy this when just tons of people standing around you.

Avoid all chinese holiday period

Huang long is very scenic too

I went to Jiu Zhai Gou in 1997 & it was much more protected now vs then.

I still have photo i took then.

I went there in either 95 or 96, can't remember exactly now. It was really nice. There was snow along the way too, when we passed by some mountainous region, during the i think 4D3N trip. On the way there, we stayed one night at Wen Chuan, which was badly damaged by the Sichuan earthquake a few years ago...

We were told that some years before that, the 西游记 series was filmed there.

Plus, ex-Premier 赵紫阳 once commented that 桂林山水甲天下,九寨风景胜桂林, no wonder so many people went and is still going there.

New glass suspension bridge in China is 980 feet long, 600 feet high, and absolutely terrifying.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2015/10/02/new-glass-suspension-bridge-in-china-is-80-feet-long-600-feet-high-and/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/peoplesdaily/article-3261778/Tourists-left-screaming-terror-brand-new-glass-bottom-walkway-cracks-feet-3-540-feet-high-China.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

breaking news, I trust the glass panel should have been designed to anticipate and withstand the expected drop of ordinary sharp pointed object. At least the safety factor is to be of higher range.

Edited by Janling3
↡ Advertisement