Crocodile sightings in Singapore

Neutrino

Turbocharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0H6vrZ2lKg

Out for a late afternoon jog/walk along a popular park connector beside Sungei Ulu Pandan and I spotted something in the canal. At first I thought it was a log, but the tail started to move.  Was it a crocodile?  I can't really tell but I think not, given that the head didn't look like a croc, but what do I know?

Here is some video footage shot from my phone camera.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Out for a late afternoon jog/walk along a popular park connector beside Sungei Ulu Pandan and I spotted something in the canal. At first I thought it was a log, but the tail started to move.  Was it a crocodile?  I can't really tell but I think not, given that the head didn't look like a croc, but what do I know?

Here is some video footage shot from my phone camera.

Mai sua ku leh, this monitor lizard very very common in our nature reserves. Can find it easily at macritchie, bukit timah, sugei buloh and so on. Pretty harmless, they see human will siam one.

• Praise 1

(edited)

mascot of the golf club, probably a robot [laugh]

errrrr.......... don't mind if you take a swim inside to check it out ... :serious-business:

This is to assist us to clear our argument of either it was a crocodile or a monitor lizard ... :yuush:  

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Monitor lizard quite common lar.

Saw one at chinese garden sun tanning at the grass patch.

Those big canals channeling water at whampoa even beside great world city I saw many times liao.

Some quite long.....more than 2 meters.

• Praise 1

It is very easy to see if it is a crocodile or a monitor lizard.

Crocodile swim with it's head just underneath the water surface in stealth style.

A monitor lizard swim with only it head just above the water surface.

Both swim with it body submerge below water surface and using their tails as propeller.  

:meaw:  :meaw:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

can someone familiar confirm if the civil structures are that of sembawang waterway?

if so, is this walkway open to public?

edit: don't click on the pics they are screenshots, not vids :D

post-9528-0-72873000-1499666752_thumb.pngpost-9528-0-54343100-1499666845_thumb.pngpost-9528-0-21458300-1499666904_thumb.png

post-9528-0-41471000-1499666923_thumb.png

Edited by Karoon
  • Praise 2

Apologise, my bad.

I though it was a MCF gathering for the tiko rangers nearby Sungei Ulu Pandan. Didnt know you guys meant the real crocodile kind with sharp teeth.

[laugh]

• Praise 2

can someone familiar confirm if the civil structures are that of sembawang waterway?

if so, is this walkway open to public?

edit: don't click on the pics they are screenshots, not vids :D

i thought the video was circulate more than a year ago and it didn't happen in singapore.

• Praise 1

Posted on 10 July 2017 | 1,712 views | 5 comments

When you out in the waters on a boat, you would be glad to see marine life. Right?

But what this person came across is both beautiful and terrifying.

Facebook user Ng Ham Wei posted a video on Lure Haven, a Facebook page for fishing enthusiasts.

According to Ng's caption on the post, a friend of his sibling was on a boat in the waters of Sembawang, near the causeway.

As the boat sped across the water, he spotted something swimming in the distance.

When the boat got closer, he realised that a large crocodile was making its way across the water.

The creature seems neither bother nor interested in the boat nearby, and continues swimming nonchalently.

Crocodile sightings are common in Singapore's waters.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lurehaven/permalink/1508977315819450/

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

i thought the video was circulate more than a year ago and it didn't happen in singapore.

not sure. i've not seen this vid yet and i've seen plenty of sg croc vids thanks to my kids... friends of the zoo lah :D

Posted on 10 July 2017 | 1,712 views | 5 comments

When you out in the waters on a boat, you would be glad to see marine life. Right?

But what this person came across is both beautiful and terrifying.

Facebook user Ng Ham Wei posted a video on Lure Haven, a Facebook page for fishing enthusiasts.

According to Ng's caption on the post, a friend of his sibling was on a boat in the waters of Sembawang, near the causeway.

As the boat sped across the water, he spotted something swimming in the distance.

When the boat got closer, he realised that a large crocodile was making its way across the water.

The creature seems neither bother nor interested in the boat nearby, and continues swimming nonchalently.

Crocodile sightings are common in Singapore's waters.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lurehaven/permalink/1508977315819450/

you're not fooling us with that croc suit, mas slamat's malaysian cousin [rifle]

• Praise 1