Why COE so EXPENSIVE? my 2 cents solutions

Zhngmycar

My first time starting thread. 

Lets talk about new car in the market. Why COE so expensive..?

I did abit of brain storming, this might be 1 of the reason why its forever so high..

AD bidding up high.. as they are earning base on commission. how much to earn from 110k & a 40k with 0.2% -  0.5% ++ SO maybe they bid up high as well as to easily secure a ticket for their own payroll.

*if we stop AD to bidding behalf for us, this might improve alittle bit more.. instead AD keep calling us & told us to top up abit more to get the COE. & second solution is, not to allow AD to keep the COE bidding. I heard that AD are able to keep it for some grace period.             AD [smash]

↡ Advertisement

I did abit of brain storming, this might be 1 of the reason why its forever so high..

AD bidding up high.. as they are earning base on commission. how much to earn from 110k & a 40k with 0.2% -  0.5% ++ SO maybe they bid up high as well as to easily secure a ticket for their own payroll.

*if we stop AD to bidding behalf for us, this might improve alittle bit more.. instead AD keep calling us & told us to top up abit more to get the COE. & second solution is, not to allow AD to keep the COE bidding. I heard that AD are able to keep it for some grace period.             AD [smash]

please lah, let government got channel to earn some revenue lah,

otherwise, suddenly they announce rise GST to 10%, income tax to above 40% like most developed countries, all madi liao,

at least car is not daily necessities

Edited by MQX87511

I find this thinking immature and foolish - 

Dealers have no interest in "inflating" COE - 
They "may" earn more from commission an other fees, all other things being equal - but if they are so stupid at business they won't be around for long. 

If bring the COE down  it will have a lot of effects, 

First and foremost, the lower the COE, the more affordable the car, the more affordable the car, the more people buy OR, 

The more they can mark up their profit. 

Would you rather have and additional $2k in profit margin or earn 1% or 2% on the additional $5k loan from a higher COE. 

Dealers will never deliberately "bid up" the COE to earn more commissions.  It is a short-sighted and self defeating policy

• Praise 1

I have participated the LTA survey to do away with AD bidding the COE. Unfortunately, this is not taken out from AD policy.

I think about this and realize the AD has nothing wrong to bid for customer. Buyer is willing folk out the price and AD sure bid for them.

Let say, if AD has costed COE @ $55K on the car price of $120K, there is no reason for AD not to bid for his customer.

All SE has commission to every new car sold. A B&B car should commission approximate $800 - $1000 on ave unless very popular brand such as Mercedes C class sell by itself has commission lower than $800.

The bottom line, buyer willing to pay = High COE price. You can make the different from buying and hold your purchase.

Edited by Tcx607

COE has been high since..what? 2011?

Ppl has been starting new threads and talked about the same thing since then. Why not do a search before you post?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

One reason. A car is a luxury in Singapore. There are limited COEs available. So when demand is high, price definitely increases.

COE has been high since..what? 2011?

Ppl has been starting new threads and talked about the same thing since then. Why not do a search before you post?

because ppls only paid more attention to new thread, :D

me too

One reason. A car is a luxury in Singapore. There are limited COEs available. So when demand is high, price definitely increases.

in every countries, car always 2nd luxury than house,

China big cities also limited number of car, but it's more and more cheap

PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD.

agreed, lock all COE threads, only leave one alive :a-aggressive:

Twincharged

in every countries, car always 2nd luxury than house,

China big cities also limited number of car, but it's more and more cheap

agreed, lock all COE threads, only leave one alive :a-aggressive:

Biggest purchase other than house and luxury is different thing. I wouldn't consider a house a luxury. It is a need. In some countries, a car is a need. But in Singapore, a car isn't a need at all.

is you singaporean or no?