Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

S90 can easily get 20k overtrade. This is the price to pay for a new model. The lexus es also had similar margin when it was launched

As far as my experience goes with wearnes, they don't give overtrade because they don't believe in such gimmicks. They offer a very fair trade in price right from the start.
↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Look at the Feb 2017 LTA car cost update.... Amazing that the T5 S90 with OMV of 37k...they trying to sell it at 225k... Margin of 83k.

Don't need to compare other marque. Within it's brand, the XC60 T5 omv at 36k selling at 198k profit margin of 60k.

It takes someone with true passion for the new S90 design to pay this kind of money for such a weirdly positioned product.

They managed to keep the cost of the car some 10k to 15k lower than the 530 and the e200 and e250 somemore.

Somemore specs no lose leh. Haha.

Clever enginerring to make make more monies

if one ever needed the overtrade to make his or her purchase, they should consider buying used or cheaper car.

thats why i stopped buying new and would prefer to buy used with few years to drive.

Sometimes a well made, well equipped product might not necessary sell well.

The true test of taste is in the eating.

Personally I find it to be a nice refreshing design from Volvo and generally well equipped for the price. But when it comes down to making a 225K decision, I will hesitate to put my pen to the paper.

At this selling price, there are other choices in the opposite camps with higher OMV  (~ 50K easy) albeit might not be in the same segment.

Let's see how many well-heeled BMW/Merc owners can see beyond the paper value gets converted to the volvo camp. 

They managed to keep the cost of the car some 10k to 15k lower than the 530 and the e200 and e250 somemore.

Somemore specs no lose leh. Haha.

Clever enginerring to make make more monies

Like what some forummer mentioned in the 530i thread. The margin is probably shared between volvo and wearnes

if one ever needed the overtrade to make his or her purchase, they should consider buying used or cheaper car.

thats why i stopped buying new and would prefer to buy used with few years to drive.

The overtrade is not really "free". The retail price is often marked up and hence the price after overtrade is like the normal price. So of course the amount of overtrade has to be taken into consideration

The margins are dictated by the principals. The authorised distributors have to go along. 

If no old car to bring in for trade-in, the listed price is even stickier. Bo hua...

• Praise 1

(edited)

Well said and your thoughts were exactly what I went through when I was looking for a SUV although I did eventually settle for a Volvo [;)].

The comparisons I had for XC90 were A7, X5, Macan S. I had lots of feedback and questions as to why Volvo when the $345k price tag could get me the other 3 as well. In addition, I thoroughly enjoy the drive of the N55 engine on my F06 which I understand is the same engine for the X5. The Macan S was a potential more because of the similar price range rather than anything else. However, after much consideration, I finally decided to go with the XC90RD primarily:

(i) refreshing design interior as well as exterior;

(ii) loaded with the most features (pana roof, 20", nappa, safety gadgets, etc)at that price range (OMV is a bit disappointing);

(iii) although not as smooth as the IL6 on the X5, the T6 drives comparably well and at the same time save $ on road tax [:)];

(iv) P* enhances the drive further with improvements on the throttle response, engine, gearshift, etc;

(v) ideal cargo space for my sporting equipment.

Sometimes a well made, well equipped product might not necessary sell well.

The true test of taste is in the eating.

Personally I find it to be a nice refreshing design from Volvo and generally well equipped for the price. But when it comes down to making a 225K decision, I will hesitate to put my pen to the paper.

At this selling price, there are other choices in the opposite camps with higher OMV  (~ 50K easy) albeit might not be in the same segment.

Let's see how many well-heeled BMW/Merc owners can see beyond the paper value gets converted to the volvo camp. 

Edited by Wolfverine
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Like what some forummer mentioned in the 530i thread. The margin is probably shared between volvo and wearnes

The overtrade is not really "free". The retail price is often marked up and hence the price after overtrade is like the normal price. So of course the amount of overtrade has to be taken into consideration

I think the margin are only for Wearness. The huge margin you see is probably what they do to bring to prices down. At the factory all volvos intended for SG are stripped down to the bare minimum to bring down its OMW so that they can pay lesser ARF. When come to SG they will put back all the equipment. This is why their OMV also lower by 10K+ compared to their competitors. 

I heard it from someone else, so can't really cfm if the above is true. 

volvo margins are in the form of OMV. 

Edited by Lchong
  • Praise 1

I think the margin are only for Wearness. The huge margin you see is probably what they do to bring to prices down. At the factory all volvos intended for SG are stripped down to the bare minimum to bring down its OMW so that they can pay lesser ARF. When come to SG they will put back all the equipment. This is why their OMV also lower by 10K+ compared to their competitors. 

The scenario you are describing very much contradicts the definition of "factory-fitted equipment", unless Volvo itself has a secret workshop or facility in Singapore that I am not aware of.

I believe the margin are shared between wowo and wearnes. This is why the omv can be adjusted accordingly. The eol volvo s80 had omv as low as in the 20s k a few years back.

Supercharged

I believe the margin are shared between wowo and wearnes. This is why the omv can be adjusted accordingly. The eol volvo s80 had omv as low as in the 20s k a few years back.

Earlier s80 2.5 omv 42 to 43k omv vs the 523bmw back then of 46 to 50k....

But as you said eol s80 is pretty sad omv 25k to 28k...

Supercharged

I missed driving the s80 2.5t. Haha.... spacious and powerful enougj for daily ride n the occassional speeding on nshw.

This is definitely 100% false, and really misinformed. Perhaps this was done 20years or so ago ...

• Praise 1

The scenario you are describing very much contradicts the definition of "factory-fitted equipment", unless Volvo itself has a secret workshop or facility in Singapore that I am not aware of.

Makes sense, but why is volvo's OMV lower than their German rival despite being better equipped? 

Makes sense, but why is volvo's OMV lower than their German rival despite being better equipped?

My guess is they never buy the "factory warranty support" from Sweden, if there's such a thing.

Since the car had been long enough in the market already, no factory support required so Wearnes will undertake all support themselves?

↡ Advertisement