Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

Makes sense, but why is volvo's OMV lower than their German rival despite being better equipped? 

I have attached a screen shot on USA prices of equivalent models to S90. Assuming these are the base prices the proportion to prices in SG are about there. As for OMV - I have heard ( true or false? ) there are ways to have added options at source but exclude it from the OMV so as to attract less tax. 

post-54292-0-83343500-1491272219_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

LTA scholars will love to learn how too :D 

I have attached a screen shot on USA prices of equivalent models to S90. Assuming these are the base prices the proportion to prices in SG are about there. As for OMV - I have heard ( true or false? ) there are ways to have added options at source but exclude it from the OMV so as to attract less tax. 

(edited)

LTA scholars will love to learn how too :D

Just set the omv at a discount off retail price and it will solve all the discrepancies in omv Edited by Nonewposts

OMV is calculated based on the moment the car leave the factory. Any thing added afterward isn't counted towards it. 

(edited)

Makes sense, but why is volvo's OMV lower than their German rival despite being better equipped? 

is it affected by cost of labour etc?  maybe swede cheaper than germans to hire?  or swede super efficient and productive

Edited by Chongster

How do u define leave factory? Literally? 

Factory - - > off-site options installation centre - - >dock--> RORO - - > SINGAPORE

OMV is calculated based on the moment the car leave the factory. Any thing added afterward isn't counted towards it. 

"OMV is assessed by the Singapore Customs, based on the price actually paid or payable for the goods when sold for export to the country of importation. This price includes purchase price, freight, insurance and all other charges incidental to the sale and delivery of the car to Singapore"

It's more like CIF Singapore.

I would buy the S90 in an instant if not for the ugly back side. Its priced well, depre is kinda ok at 18k. And so well specced, even T5 power is decent, OMV not withstanding. But its back end is really CMI... must be one of the worst back end light design since the Audi A7.

• Praise 1

I would buy the S90 in an instant if not for the ugly back side. Its priced well, depre is kinda ok at 18k. And so well specced, even T5 power is decent, OMV not withstanding. But its back end is really CMI... must be one of the worst back end light design since the Audi A7.

Consider the V90? IMO, the rear of the V90 is quite nice.

The S90/V90 gives the occupants a very "secured and safe" feeling.

• Praise 2

Second that! In fact, the V90XC looks even better :wub:

Consider the V90? IMO, the rear of the V90 is quite nice.

The S90/V90 gives the occupants a very "secured and safe" feeling.

• Praise 1

[laugh]

I used XC as a abbreviation of cross country ... Should have used CC instead! But you are right in that V90 CC is a cross breed of V90 and XC90.

Write-up on the V90 CC:

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/volvo/v90/20-d5-powerpulse-cross-country-5dr-awd-geartronic/first-drive

Haha joking lah

CC is ok, but I find it not worthwhile to pay so much more for slightly raised car

To me, Either get the V or the XC

IMO, another model with hideous looking rear is Prius. Not sure why on earth would someone design it to look like a starfruit.

• Praise 2

Haha joking lah

CC is ok, but I find it not worthwhile to pay so much more for slightly raised car

To me, Either get the V or the XC

The V90 cc is more than a slightly raised car. You get AWD and a panoramic roof over the regular V90, wider tracks and more cushy suspension. Not so bad for the premium paid.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2