Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

Test drive the S90 recently and must say the car is fast and looks good, at least from the front. Gadgets are similar to XC90.

However, I was surprised that the price quoted from the sales are all different when comparing with my friends. It ranges from $240k to $260k. They are making much more when compared to the E class.

14333754_10209623983851837_1106239055840

240k for the T6. launching on 27th sept

Edited by Nonewposts
↡ Advertisement

The test vehicle I drove felt a bit sluggish compared to the XC90 T6... Was surprise as this is supposed to be a lighter!

As for equipment level, there are a few items that are found on XC90 but not with S90 - e.g. passenger seat is manual on S90 but fully automatic with 3 memories for driver and passenger on XC90.

Nevertheless, I must say it is definitely comparable to the German marques esp with the features that are standard on the vehicle ... except for the butt which I am trying very hard to get use to. The butt looks nicer with the V90 and maybe worth the wait for the V90CC launching early next year - with R Design kit [thumbsup] .

Correction - it is automatic but no memory on passenger side.

The test vehicle I drove felt a bit sluggish compared to the XC90 T6... Was surprise as this is supposed to be a lighter!

As for equipment level, there are a few items that are found on XC90 but not with S90 - e.g. passenger seat is manual on S90 but fully automatic with 3 memories for driver and passenger on XC90.

Nevertheless, I must say it is definitely comparable to the German marques esp with the features that are standard on the vehicle ... except for the butt which I am trying very hard to get use to. The butt looks nicer with the V90 and maybe worth the wait for the V90CC launching early next year - with R Design kit [thumbsup] .

• Praise 1

The test vehicle I drove felt a bit sluggish compared to the XC90 T6...

Sluggish

no memory seat for passenger

obscene middle row transmission hump

not so nice rear butt

? non LED rear signal indicator

....hm now wondering whether should go for test drive or give it a miss.

Actually the middle row hump is not that bad. For me, the memory seat for passenger and LED rear signal indicators are nice to have but not a showstopper.

If you are in the market for this segment, you might just want to test it for comparison as it could just be me expecting a lot more with the S90 after testing the XC90 which is a heavier car [:)]. Happy shopping!

Sluggish

no memory seat for passenger

obscene middle row transmission hump

not so nice rear butt

? non LED rear signal indicator

....hm now wondering whether should go for test drive or give it a miss.

A 2.1ton AWD car with Chassis sharing with xc90 and claims 7.5l/100km for combined cycle. A bit far fetched. Super and turbo 2L. Can't imagine how good it can be with all that weight when everyone else is 300-400kg lighter.

• Praise 2

Sexy! Never expect myself to say that of a volvo... [thumbsup]

Must be super long car looking at the overhangs

Wouldn't mind driving one of these!

V90 Cross Country

Volvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1c.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1d.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-18.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1b.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-19.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1a.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1e.jpgVolvo-V90_Cross_Country-2017-1600-1f.jpg

• Praise 2

Sexy! Never expect myself to say that of a volvo... [thumbsup]

Must be super long car looking at the overhangs

Wouldn't mind driving one of these!

Hi Doc, have you seen the new E-Class All-Terrain? May I have your choice again?

Mercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-24.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-25.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-22.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-23.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-27.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-33.jpg

• Praise 8

Heheeh...just posted this over at the E-class thread....will choose the E-class All-Terrain over the V90 cross country [thumbsup]

Hi Doc, have you seen the new E-Class All-Terrain? May I have your choice again?

Mercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-24.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-25.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-22.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-23.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-27.jpgMercedes-E-Class-All-Terrain-33.jpg

Personally, I prefer the looks for the V90 compared to the E Class All Terrain. Some how the rear of the Merc is too bulky looking and not as sharp and sleek like the V90.

Similar observations with the Shooting Brake range (CLA & CLS) from Merc...

From the range of of "station-wagon" looking cars available here, my vote still goes to the Avant range from Audi (RS6 Avant [thumbsup] ) or the V range from Volvo.

But that is just me as I like the awkward looks of the BMW X6M50d when most other folks frown on that model - talk about bulky rear [laugh] !

• Praise 1

Beauty is always in the Eyes of the Beholder

Which ever model, sure will be able to find lovers

May have gender differences in perception especially the station wagon and hatchbacks curves  

Personally, I prefer the looks for the V90 compared to the E Class All Terrain. Some how the rear of the Merc is too bulky looking and not as sharp and sleek like the V90.

Similar observations with the Shooting Brake range (CLA & CLS) from Merc...

From the range of of "station-wagon" looking cars available here, my vote still goes to the Avant range from Audi (RS6 Avant [thumbsup] ) or the V range from Volvo.

But that is just me as I like the awkward looks of the BMW X6M50d when most other folks frown on that model - talk about bulky rear [laugh] !

• Praise 2

15657_10_l.jpg

15657_10_l.jpg

15657_11_l.jpg

15657_12_l.jpg

15657_13_l.jpg

15657_14_l.jpg

15657_15_l.jpg

15657_16_l.jpg

15657_17_l.jpg

15657_6_l.jpg

15657_8_l.jpg

The all new Volvo S90 marks a giant leap forward for Volvo Cars. The Swedish car maker is well known for its sport utility vehicles and estates, but with the launch of the S90, it is clearly intent on shaking up the premium sedan segment.

15657_p1_s_2.jpg
spacer.gif
The S90 boasts a longer side-glass area than the S80

Equipped with a host of new technologies ranging from cutting edge safety to cloud-based apps and services, the S90 is proof of the Swedish brand's continuing transformation.

The car comes in two petrol engine options, both of which provide an outstanding combination of performance and fuel efficiency, and come with Volvo Cars' eight-speed automatic gearbox as standard. The first is a super and turbocharged T6 engine, which produces 320bhp and a maximum torque of 400Nm. The second is a turbocharged T5, which makes 254bhp and 350Nm of torque.

It's also the second Volvo car built on the new Scalable Product Architecture - Volvo's advanced modular product platform that will underpin all new Volvo cars in the '90' and '60' Series.

Just like the Volvo XC90, the S90 carries the proud and confident face of Volvo's new design language, along with classic Volvo styling cues. Key features include the iconic 'Thor's Hammer' LED head light design, the new grille and Volvo Iron Mark, as well as the expressive use of the Volvo word mark on the rear.

The cabin of the S90, similarly, is the result of a clear vision. Volvo has taken cues from the success of the XC90 and raised the bar with new details on the dashboard and instrument panel, including elegant new air blades that stand vertically on each side of the Sensus user interface, which is without doubt the most modern in-car control system in the market

15657_p1_s_3.jpg
spacer.gif
Volvo satisfies desires for wide, open spaces in the S90 by using materials that are of quality, light and natural

Sensus allows easy access to a wide selection of cloud-based applications. The outstanding in-car possibilities include Internet radio, connected navigation, seamless music streaming, the ability to mirror and use Apple and Android devices in the touchscreen display, a hotspot for using a tablet in the car - and much more.

More notably, the S90 offers a long list of the most comprehensive and technologically sophisticated standard safety package available in the automotive industry.

It includes two world-first safety technologies - Run-off Road Mitigation and Large Animal Detection. Run-off Road Mitigation works by using evasive steering manoeuvres and braking to support the driver if keeping the car on the road in situations where accidental road departure is detected as imminent. Large Animal Detection offers an intuitive warning and brake support to help avoid or mitigate collisions with large animals.

"With the launch of the XC90 we made a clear statement of intent. We are now clearly and firmly in the game. With an estimated value of $15 million in investments over the past five years, we have not only reimagined what Volvo Cars can be - we are now delivering on our promise of a resurgent and relevant Volvo Cars brand," said Hakan Samuelsson, President and Chief Executive Officer, Volvo Car Group.

Price as of press time (inclusive of COE)

Volvo S90 T6 Inscription (A) - $239,999

Edited by Nonewposts
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1