Volvo S90 / V90

Carbon82

Good to know ACC is there. Tried to get it on my S80 but wasn't available. What's the difference between PA 1 and PA 2? 

yes, S90 has radar cruise or adaptive cruise control....it is the IN thing nowadays, standard cruise control not enough, especially for congested road.

Many features are customisable eg can set reverse tilt for right only, left only or both, adjust beep warning tone, swipe screen central panel etc. Navigation screen can be on speedometer cluster or central panel or both. Parking brake can set fully auto, half auto or manual....

However, i found the following weird

- presence of a CD player (instead of DVD player), and located near arm rest

- normal rear bulb winker (signal light), ie NON LED

- no rear sunblinds, no options for this too!

- no options for panaromic roof

- steering wheel adjustments are manual (if not mistaken)

I believe PA1 has a speed limitation at 55km/h and cuts off once speed is above that. PA2 goes up to 110km/h (I think) which is more useful. PA in generally works well in Singapore context as the roads here are relatively well marked.

Thanks.....initially didnt know abt these PA1 or 2....!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No rear sunblinds and panoramic roof really seems like a bummer. And I'm guessing optional features are mostly unavailable in Singapore right, as is always? How's Volvo trying to convince people to buy this instead of an E Class? 

Oh, is there rear air suspension for the Singapore model? Otherwise it's just some cheap leaf spring setup if I'm not wrong.

No standard air suspension but I thought I saw the automatic rear sunblind during the test drive....I maybe wrong.

I have ACC in my S80 but it tends to brake abruptly when a car cuts into my lane. Otherwise, pretty useful when driving on highway. It disengage when speed drops below 30km/h. The new PA2 will be able to stop the car completely.

I tested the E class recently. Overall built and quality is somewhat better but felt the drive is a little less engaging than S90. Also, the wide 12.3" cockpit comes as optional. However, C&C is giving out more freebies to customers in hope to maintain share. Wonder if they will bring in the E300...

yes, S90 has radar cruise or adaptive cruise control....it is the IN thing nowadays, standard cruise control not enough, especially for congested road.

Many features are customisable eg can set reverse tilt for right only, left only or both, adjust beep warning tone, swipe screen central panel etc. Navigation screen can be on speedometer cluster or central panel or both. Parking brake can set fully auto, half auto or manual....

However, i found the following weird

- presence of a CD player (instead of DVD player), and located near arm rest

- normal rear bulb winker (signal light), ie NON LED

- no rear sunblinds, no options for this too!

- no options for panaromic roof

- steering wheel adjustments are manual (if not mistaken)

Thanks.....initially didnt know abt these PA1 or 2....!

Indent lor.  Drop 10% of purchase price and you're set. [thumbsup]

No standard air suspension but I thought I saw the automatic rear sunblind during the test drive....I maybe wrong.

I have ACC in my S80 but it tends to brake abruptly when a car cuts into my lane. Otherwise, pretty useful when driving on highway. It disengage when speed drops below 30km/h. The new PA2 will be able to stop the car completely.

I tested the E class recently. Overall built and quality is somewhat better but felt the drive is a little less engaging than S90. Also, the wide 12.3" cockpit comes as optional. However, C&C is giving out more freebies to customers in hope to maintain share. Wonder if they will bring in the E300...

Was the ACC in your S80 an optional extra? I couldn't get it when I purchased the car nor will Volvo sell it afterwards. 

How's the ride quality on the non-Air S90 vs the non-air E class? Comfort is my highest priority. I wonder if C&C even offers any E class models with Airmatic.

Was the ACC in your S80 an optional extra? I couldn't get it when I purchased the car nor will Volvo sell it afterwards. 

How's the ride quality on the non-Air S90 vs the non-air E class? Comfort is my highest priority. I wonder if C&C even offers any E class models with Airmatic.

ACC was standard on my S80 3.2.

Ride quality is pretty similar on both cars, since non of them have air suspension. However, the engine noise from Volvo seems a little more audible when pushed hard.

Wow, 3.2 S80? That must be rare. And exactly double the engine size of mine. I wonder if there was any S80 V8 sold here.

Noted on the ride quality. So no Airmatic from C&C? I heard about the engine noise on a few review videos. The reviewers also noted that the air suspension model doesn't float enough either.

ACC was standard on my S80 3.2.

Ride quality is pretty similar on both cars, since non of them have air suspension. However, the engine noise from Volvo seems a little more audible when pushed hard.

This one is on sport mode liao all the time.... sibei powerful..

Suggest dun take e200 liao. No horse run

Heard that take up rate has been very healthy and deliveries if order now will only be in Nov/Dec time frame. Any forum-er going to be proud owner of S90 soon?

Definitely not Nov/Dec, some buyer turbo speed has taken delivery liao ... considering launch event just last week 

T6 Model (Not Polestar tune)

check out the car plate  [;)]

post-160985-0-90000700-1475500459_thumb.jpg

post-160985-0-46089100-1475500460_thumb.jpg

post-160985-0-01147300-1475500461_thumb.jpg

post-160985-0-92942600-1475500462_thumb.jpg

Edited by rickosw
  • Praise 3

Definitely not Nov/Dec, some buyer turbo speed has taken delivery liao ... considering launch event just last week

T6 Model (Not Polestar tune)

check out the car plate [;)]

I think this is the Volvo media car
  • Praise 1

I think this is the Volvo media car

oic, makes sense liao, esp the carplate number

awesome car nevertheless, there was a few auntie / uncle (residents) looking at the car when I walk pass 

But what is it doing outside somebody's house

media car means media field day. Reviewer used it to test...also conveniently ran some errands or the wife said :"I've cooked you lunch."

But what is it doing outside somebody's house

a few possible reasons

1) High Ranking official Weanes / Volvo Management driving

2) Car is being reviewed by professional car magazines / bloggers. (over weekend to have a more comprehensive, detail review, or being tested as a daily drive, aka whether the length is practical for daily use in multi-story HDB carpark, etc) 

2 cents thought

Edited by rickosw

S90 out of my league so eyeing the s80 now.

Need your opinions.. Avoid the t4? Aim for t5? Thanks!

I would pick the T5

Good power and already very economical compared to previous 2.5T engine

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1