Alpine Navi GPS map update - for X009E (pls check SD card)

alphard96

Dear Alpine Navi GPS map users,

Bought this headunit around 3-4 mths back for my Alphard and was disappointed that the GPS was relatively outdated, did not even have MCE.  (think its 2013 or 2104 map).  As advised by  my installer, he said that I can buy online and installed it myself (via the headunit SD card).  Today, surf the alpine website to find out how to update, also check malsingmap,  in the end was prepared to pay for it (around US80, more ex at US120 if include Thailand) but alpine website advised me to install this software to check whether there is enough space in the SD card.  

https://alpine.naviextras.com/shop/portal/downloads

Realised that the programme actually detected that I have a 2015 Q2 free update - inside my SD card!

By clicking it, viola, my map now updated!

Hence, pls do not pay/buy gps map update until you downloaded the above and check for any free update available.

Other tips

1) pls peel off the plastic covering the SD card carefully using some simple tools, was using my fingernails, almost damage it

2) create a backup of the SD card into your PC, just in case the update does not work

still happy no need to pay a single cent, and not sure why the installer was not aware abt it.

↡ Advertisement

Hi,

I agree that the Map for X009E is outdated. Bought one for my Harrier and MCE is not on it.

Can you share with us what is the procedure to get the updates ?

Do you face a problem with the Navigation system not getting signal from the satellites too ? It always take more than 10 minutes before the GPS is functionable.

Alpine support site is not very good too.

Thanks

Mike

(edited)

Hi,

I agree that the Map for X009E is outdated. Bought one for my Harrier and MCE is not on it.

Can you share with us what is the procedure to get the updates ?

Do you face a problem with the Navigation system not getting signal from the satellites too ? It always take more than 10 minutes before the GPS is functionable.

Alpine support site is not very good too.

Thanks

Mike

For updating the map, follow this steps

1) Download the naviextra toolbox software into your PC (link above)

2) Removed the SD card from your alpine headunit and connect to your PC

3) run the naviextra software - create backup

4) go to Home and look for the free update (for my case, found the 2015  Q2 map free update here) - click on it.

5) reinstall the SD card to the headnunit (after reinstalling the SD card, may need to off and restart the engine...)

No, no problems with the GPS lock in, usually very fast (almost instant most of the time, even in KL).  

However, frankly speaking, found the alpine GPS not very user friendly like most portable GPS unit or the common popular Galactio one.

Edited by alphard96
  • Praise 1

4) go to Home and look for the free update (for my case, found the 2015  Q2 map free update here) - click on it.

5) reinstall the SD card to the headnunit (after reinstalling the SD card, may need to off and restart the engine...)

No, no problems with the GPS lock in, usually very fast (almost instant most of the time, even in KL).  

However, frankly speaking, found the alpine GPS not very user friendly like most portable GPS unit or the common popular Galactio one.

Is the map shareable huh? was thinking the maps seems exp and if they are shareable perhaps next time can poll money together to buy.. haha

Waiting for my Vellfire. Was given either an 8" Pioneer or Alpine HU. I just opt to upgrade to Alpine 9" (X009E) together with it's custom bracket. Hope I've made the right choice. 9" look just right for this mpv.

Anyone care to share what you've add into this car so far? Bought some stuff from G-market(Japan). 

Thinking of purchasing alpine x009e for my new harrier..please advise whether isit good and friendly user. The navi gps good?

GPS wise, personally prefer the Galactio/non alpine, easier to search for POI or address

(alpine may need to state region or area...)

Size wise, alpine the largest available, hence no choice....

If can, get the latest, big X10 for new alphard/vellfire (think not available in SG yet)

http://en.responsejp.com/article/2015/04/23/249634.html

Yes, if not for it's 9", will probably go for Pioneer, free map too.

Also contemplating to add in Alpine's side view camera (KTX-Y009AV). Will need line for front cam, front/rear video recorder and reverse cam. Thus, not sure enough video line for this?

Waiting for my Vellfire. Was given either an 8" Pioneer or Alpine HU. I just opt to upgrade to Alpine 9" (X009E) together with it's custom bracket. Hope I've made the right choice. 9" look just right for this mpv.

Anyone care to share what you've add into this car so far? Bought some stuff from G-market(Japan). 

are you already in our FB and Whatsapp group boss? 

that's why I prefer my Google Maps on my iPhone Dato  [lipsrsealed]  [lipsrsealed]

Tried the Alpine map in Malaysia, Horrible. Maybe I'm used to Garmin. Even in SG, it took me a while to search for exact location.

I also could not saved my destination, anyone know how?

I bought an apple HDMI cable, hooked to its mirror link only to find that its just a image projection!!

Alpine HU only play MP3 and for video, only low res avi format. Also, why the roof monitor only reads from the DVD in HU? Tried almost every movies DVD, all gives country code error or format unreadable?? Very frustrated.

Oh, not to mentioned, the side kerb camera needs to be manually toggled between reverse and side viewing. I thought they should work concurrently when reversing??

Already installed, no choice. Moreover, the biggest avail screen here for now.

Tried the Alpine map in Malaysia, Horrible. Maybe I'm used to Garmin. Even in SG, it took me a while to search for exact location.

I bought an apple HDMI cable, hooked to its mirror link only to find that its just a image projection!!

Alpine HU only play MP3 and for video, only low res avi format. Also, why the roof monitor only reads from the DVD in HU? Tried almost every movies DVD, all gives country code error or format unreadable?? Very frustrated.

Oh, not to mentioned, the side kerb camera needs to be manually toggled between reverse and side viewing. I thought they should work concurrently when reversing??

If you are plugging iPhone to the Alpine HDMI port - then of course only image is projected - you will not get any interactivity. This is similar to plugging your laptop to office projector.

Mirrorlink is for Android devices and goes through USB connection.

For iPhone, you need the HU to support Apple CarPlay

Mirrorlink is interative with Android?

Anyway, will hook a media player through my HU. It should then run all my diff formats from my HDD.

Anyone know how to save favourites location under the Alpine GPS?

Mirrorlink is for Android devices and goes through USB connection.

For iPhone, you need the HU to support Apple CarPlay

No, which FB?

Was given an option for China-made 12" or Alpine 10.1" roof mount screen. Still thinking which to get?

China 12" flushes with the ceiling, looks nicer.

Of course alpine is more branded..

But screen quality wise I think almost similar, compared with my friend's.. =)

Mirrorlink is interative with Android?

Anyway, will hook a media player through my HU. It should then run all my diff formats from my HDD.

Anyone know how to save favourites location under the Alpine GPS?

How do you connect the media player to HU?

I have the hdmi cable, what can we connect it to?

Agree - gps map esp in Malaysia, not as good as others that i have used, but oklah, nothing can be done.

Saving current destination is easy, just one button if i recalled correctly

I have no issues with video resolution and the alpine roof monitor will either display Dvd or digital TV.

Side kerb camera - unable to comments, not familiar with this

The reverse camera should be automatically activated on engaging reverse gear.

(the top down 360 view can have some comprehensive options to choose including 3 extra buttons for manual choice)

Pls check the setup or go back to your audio installer, suspect just a simple setting.

the alpine HU can play divx format video files as well.. what i am doing now is i am converting my video files into divx format to play in my alpine, note that it is not AVI format.. meaning the file is XXX.divx. 

I am using this free divx converter now.. http://www.divx.com/ and i choose Home Theater profile/format..

↡ Advertisement