Alpine Navi GPS map update - for X009E (pls check SD card)

alphard96

Need some advise... My gps connects really slow... Cant get a lock. I need to have like 15min or longer.

I even tear off the side solar film to test it.. But no diff.(im driving an alphard and i place the module near the front side window panel)

↡ Advertisement

Need some advise... My gps connects really slow... Cant get a lock. I need to have like 15min or longer.

I even tear off the side solar film to test it.. But no diff.(im driving an alphard and i place the module near the front side window panel)

Hi bro, 

As discussed, hope you succeeded.

Guess we are not the only one having this issue with poor GPS map sensor/satellite issues with the Alpine 009/Alphard set up.

Kindly update us if possible  for others to learn.

cheers.

i am using the X009E and my placement of the gps module is at the front left hand side of the dashboard.. no connection issue.. maybe your gps module is spoilt.. go back to your audio shop?

• Praise 1

so i went to one of my friend's recommended auto shop. they shifted the antenna to somewhere under the hood-stick a piece of metal on the extreme left side and the antenna sticks to it.

now GPS lock on comes on in 1-3min once i start the car. it gets slower when i'm coming out from a mscp with many high rise buidlings ard it. i guess that's a norm? the accuracy and connection definitely pales in comparison to my google map. It can be a bit inaccurate some times when it shows me i'm on another nearby road.

• Praise 1

The problem with built-in gps; in-car or HU is the map updates.

The platform is usually of some proprietary format and you get charged for map updates.

If you can get one based on/ or get a Garmin unit, you can free updates from malfreemaps or malsingmaps, typically every 1 or 2 week updates.

Sg map is extremely dynamic. Every 3 months or so, new roads appear, sometimes old road disappear, merged or realigned. New hdb or condo appears.

So getting map updates is quite important.

If you're just using gps for rural MY, where changes are very slow, then 1 or 2 yr update is ok, but not for Sg.

Hi

Can I check for those who had the X900E, does the USB playback MP4 movies??

rgds

rteo

I think no...

The problem with built-in gps; in-car or HU is the map updates.

The platform is usually of some proprietary format and you get charged for map updates.

If you can get one based on/ or get a Garmin unit, you can free updates from malfreemaps or malsingmaps, typically every 1 or 2 week updates.

Sg map is extremely dynamic. Every 3 months or so, new roads appear, sometimes old road disappear, merged or realigned. New hdb or condo appears.

So getting map updates is quite important.

If you're just using gps for rural MY, where changes are very slow, then 1 or 2 yr update is ok, but not for Sg.

Agree....lucky the Goldwing can update the navi SD card from those website easily, diy, v useful, and its free!

I think no...

Agree....lucky the Goldwing can update the navi SD card from those website easily, diy, v useful, and its free!

I contribute tracks to malfreemap and I know how updated the map is.

Every 2 weeks, new POIs, sometimes new roads, lots of new hdb flats completed, etc.

I uses asus media box which shared the aux input with my mobile tv.

Hi, may i know how you hook up the asus media box to the HU?

Which asus media box you use, mind to share?

Hi, may i know how you hook up the asus media box to the HU?

Which asus media box you use, mind to share?

Sorry for late reply. I uses the ASUS O!play. It is hidden inside the center consol and shared line with my mobile tv which is hook to my Alpine HU. The problem is it could not read my 1Gb HDD connected to ASUS. Small size thumbdrive is ok. 

Sorry for late reply. I uses the ASUS O!play. It is hidden inside the center consol and shared line with my mobile tv which is hook to my Alpine HU. The problem is it could not read my 1Gb HDD connected to ASUS. Small size thumbdrive is ok.

Thanks.

Do you mind to send me some photo on the player that you hidden. And how you share line with your mobile tv? What's that about on mobile TV? Another question is where you tap the power for your asus oplay? Sorry for throw up so much question.

Edited by yong0626

Hi Yong,

I do not know how to post picture in forum. But you should be able to find Asus O!Player in most electronic shop. I think they have newer model now. (Hint: do ensure that the player support 12V DC input).

As for the sharing of line, they were done by my installer. I suspect there should be a toggle switch.

Hi,

I agree that the Map for X009E is outdated. Bought one for my Harrier and MCE is not on it.

Can you share with us what is the procedure to get the updates ?

Do you face a problem with the Navigation system not getting signal from the satellites too ? It always take more than 10 minutes before the GPS is functionable.

Alpine support site is not very good too.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.

I bought my harrier with an original head unit that comes in Japanese language. Is there any way to change the language to English??

Hi Mike.

I bought my harrier with an original head unit that comes in Japanese language. Is there any way to change the language to English??

http://www.alpine-asia.com/sg

Call Alpine Singapore for technical help. The Singapore company sells products for quite a few brands. Ask to speak to the Technical Support for Alpine Car Audio, I think his name is Lokey. Ask for his help, he is the subject matter expert.

(edited)

HI,

My alpine X008eu is taking forever to detect the GPS signal. Sometime can detect, sometime even after reaching destination, it's still detecting.

Can anyone provide recommendation to fix the GPS signal problem. Where is the Alpine Distributor or Agent in Singapore? There seem to be no contact numbers for their website.

The sound system is good, but the GPS system worse than China headset.

We are paying a premium for the head unit and the quality issue should be addressed promptly by Alpine.

I believe I am not the only person with such experience.

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by Bamboo300306

Neutral Newbie

I'm gonna own a Vellfire GE soon c/w ALpine HU and monitor.

This thread has given some ideas what to do first.

↡ Advertisement