Renault Fluence 1.5 dci

Sopskysalat

Just confirmed from credit card bank that the deposit had been refunded.. Finally... Took around 3weeks from the last bids...

Sorry bro, can't join u all driving fluence..

Bro the car have to send to them if u trade in? How they gonna give back the parf? After u get back deposit?

I got back my PARF money at 8.7k instead of the 9k agreed as part of the deal. How's ur case? Got ur Coe last bid?

Sorry to hear that, Cheonglun. Hope you join us someday! 

Just confirmed from credit card bank that the deposit had been refunded.. Finally... Took around 3weeks from the last bids...

I got back my PARF money at 8.7k instead of the 9k agreed as part of the deal. How's ur case? Got ur Coe last bid?

Neutral Newbie

i didnt got my last bid. anyway im still looking for a car on the 2nd hand market. lol

Enjoy power, economy and comfort rolled into one

Waited for six months and the first 10K servicing to write this; not that I wasn't itching to post earlier.  As a first car, this was a risk of sorts - conti (and French at that) and diesel. But I am enjoying it every one bit.  It has shined in all departments tested so far: 

1. Weekday commute in medium-heavy traffic -- 75:25 e'way:road
  2. Mass rapid transit -- 6 adults at 90 kmh
  3. People and luggage hauler that purred along at 100 kmh from the airport with 2 adults, 2 children + 140 kg weight across three 28" suitcases, 4 hand-carry cases and 2 backpacks in the boot and front seat
  4. That smooth ease of torquey acceleration when overtaking and moving off at junctions
  5. Fuel economy -- hitting 20.8 kmpl on e'ways and not dipping below 15.2 on roads
  6. Ride comfort for all passengers -- leg room (2 of those adults above were 5 ft 9), suspension and climate (the rear vents do help a lot)
  7. Ambience and sound insulation -- clatter barely registers above 20 kmh, and on the KJE, KPE & MCE it's hiss-quiet
  8. Cabin refinement -- I love the uncluttered dashboard, elegant monochrome display (mine's the basic version and it exudes a serene feel especially at night, compared to the glare of multi-inch touch displays), understated climate and entertainment controls, genuine leather seats and judicious use of fabric, chrome and plastic throughout
  9. Practical electronics that don't overwhelm 
  10. Clear, crisp audio that thumps well enough when needed
  11. That feeling of space, which everyone feels when they step into the car and sink into its seats
  12. Service engineer that's ready to help via phone or email without fuss

In the early days with the car I was concerned by the judder in start-stop traffic but I now put it down to inexperience with the EDC and diesel in general. It's a non-issue now.

A warning to potential drivers: watch your speed; you'll hit 60/90 before you know it. Even 120 barely feels like it. This is a beast that wants to be unleashed.

One complaint: I have yet to hit the mythical 22 kmpl - perhaps on its next test: the NSH.

• Praise 2

Indeed for the price you are paying, this is value for money all the way. Only concern is reliability over the next few years. However, Renault diesel is nothing new, just imagine those taxi running 10 times more KM than most cars on the road.

• Praise 1

Indeed for the price you are paying, this is value for money all the way. Only concern is reliability over the next few years. However, Renault diesel is nothing new, just imagine those taxi running 10 times more KM than most cars on the road.

Totally. Of course if the rumoured "diesel tax" materialises, it could change the economics of ownership somewhat, but purely as a vehicle to own and intensive use, this is a great buy.

Seldom see fluence on the road nowadays..any owner who have driven it for 2 years and any reliability issue and problems? Warranty covers part cost?

all other parts will outlast the EDC gearbox for sure. [:p]

Seldom see fluence on the road nowadays..any owner who have driven it for 2 years and any reliability issue and problems? Warranty covers part cost?

The last time I visited their show room, the Fluence interior was quite basic. No reverse camera and all those electronics associated with korean or Jap cars. Frankly, I don't really care of these electronics except for reverse camera and navigation. Getting popular and won't be surprise the LCR will also include this in their fleet. Afterall, it is diesel and it makes sense.   

Have noticed more this year than before. And I like the simplicity and uncluttered feel of the interiors. 

Was thinking of either getting Kia K3, Nissan Qashqai or Renault Fluence. Kia K3 seems to be the best of all 3 in term of value for money while Qashqai is the trend for Cross over. However, after much consideration and assessment, my heart goes to Fluence. I am currently driving an 8 years old plus Renault Megan and I would say the reliability is not bad for a French car. I test drove the Fluence and it is quiet and it has that conti feel. My family also like the car a lot and it will be good for long road trip as we travel to Malaysia very often. Will be collecting my car this Sun and can't wait to get it.

• Praise 3