Renault Fluence 1.5 dci

Sopskysalat

Bro u really in love, lol thats why u ignored it's renault.

I don't know about the current tech in current gen renault but my dad bought a renault scenic in the early 2000s...i think 2003? he absolutely pui chao nua about the maintenance...every little sh!t thing spoil won't be cheap, and quite regularly will have some crap thing spoil here spoil there.

If only the looks changed since then...please do yourself a favor and look at other "beauties" instead.

Thanks bro.. I understand how bad the reputation is for this brand.. That why asking here.. I got ask around 10 relative/frens.. 10/10 all told me don touch. But u know power of love very hard to resist de lol.. Sometime u know the gal is a bitch but u still want her ma lol .. Same logic lol.. Anyway if not getting fluenxe.. What next u recommend?.. I tried mazda 3 deluxe but the car too small..only left cruz.. Sylph...lancer ex
↡ Advertisement

if ur shortlist is cruz, sylphy, lancer ex, assuming the priority is comfort, it's the sylphy. :)

Think rationally bro. lol

Thanks bro.. I understand how bad the reputation is for this brand.. That why asking here.. I got ask around 10 relative/frens.. 10/10 all told me don touch. But u know power of love very hard to resist de lol.. Sometime u know the gal is a bitch but u still want her ma lol .. Same logic lol.. Anyway if not getting fluenxe.. What next u recommend?.. I tried mazda 3 deluxe but the car too small..only left cruz.. Sylph...lancer ex

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

if ur shortlist is cruz, sylphy, lancer ex, assuming the priority is comfort, it's the sylphy. :)

Think rationally bro. lol

agree.. nissan build comfort ride.... [thumbsup]

Hi All,

Newbie here.

Was browsing for Renault Fluence information and come across this engine tuning gadget . Just wonder if anyone has try it and any opinion if it is worthwhile to invest this.

http://www.racingbox.eu/en/chiptuning-renault-fluence/1222-chiptuning-renault-fluence-15-dci-110-hp.html

Thanks.

You will void your warranty... and it is illegal to tamper or bypass the ECU of your engine. Finally if any accident occurs, your insurance company may not support any claims arising from the accident.

Dude... the reputation is bad when? The last 10 years, the reputation is pretty good... is your knowledge of Renault's reputation stuck in the last millennium?

Actually can ask those driving Renault taxis, there are many ard and is a good guage of their reliability.

Different model, engine and usage... but the fact that the taxi companies use Renault shows that it is relatively reliable.

Today i went to Renault showroom to see the car again.. Cannot stop myself.. Is like first love Lol...anyway those brother that already purchase.. What the package u all get from the se? Anyway now i am comparing between fluence, nissian sylph, Chevrolet cruz and lancer ex.. Feel free to share ur idea/comment/advise..this will also help me to do a better comparison

I dropped by the showroom twice too and was quite impressed with the ride mainly due to the torque and safety features e.g. sunroof that will stop if it detects and object etc. Space was top notch as well. Mind you, I was quite in love with the performance - the amount of stopping power on those brakes and tyres coupled with addictive acceleration coupled with cheap fuel cost was just out of this world in that price gap. Not to mention the high OMV.

I also tested some other cars like mz3, qq 1.2, k3, altis, HRV, pug308sw. I can say it ranked among the top 3 choices. At the end of the day,  mz3 ticked most of the boxes for me. It was the car that made me smile the most everytime I walked towards it; coupled with good handling, low running cost, packed with technologies, Japanese reliability, good looks, safety - wells I'll save the details for the Mz3 thread.

Reason I didn't get the fluence were,

1. Resale value should I want to change before 10 year mark

2. Dry DCT hasn't got a good reputation in SG although it is a totally different one from say VW

3. Diesel clatter while isn't intrusive in the cabin due to the excellent soundproofing is slightly louder compared to other euro diesel rides.

hope this helps! happy hunting!

Most important is to imagine yourself walking to the car everyday with a smile!

:D

• Praise 1

I dropped by the showroom twice too and was quite impressed with the ride mainly due to the torque and safety features e.g. sunroof that will stop if it detects and object etc. Space was top notch as well. Mind you, I was quite in love with the performance - the amount of stopping power on those brakes and tyres coupled with addictive acceleration coupled with cheap fuel cost was just out of this world in that price gap. Not to mention the high OMV.

I also tested some other cars like mz3, qq 1.2, k3, altis, HRV, pug308sw. I can say it ranked among the top 3 choices. At the end of the day, mz3 ticked most of the boxes for me. It was the car that made me smile the most everytime I walked towards it; coupled with good handling, low running cost, packed with technologies, Japanese reliability, good looks, safety - wells I'll save the details for the Mz3 thread.

Reason I didn't get the fluence were,

1. Resale value should I want to change before 10 year mark

2. Dry DCT hasn't got a good reputation in SG although it is a totally different one from say VW

3. Diesel clatter while isn't intrusive in the cabin due to the excellent soundproofing is slightly louder compared to other euro diesel rides.

hope this helps! happy hunting!

Most important is to imagine yourself walking to the car everyday with a smile!

:D

U feel me bro lol... Total i went to see fluence twice.. But mazda 4 times.. But problem with mazda is the space is too small.. Behind hardly fit in 3 normal adult..very very squeeze..specially i am a 190 tall person..the person behind will die if drive to malaysia lol.. That y mazda out of my list now lol

U feel me bro lol... Total i went to see fluence twice.. But mazda 4 times.. But problem with mazda is the space is too small.. Behind hardly fit in 3 normal adult..very very squeeze..specially i am a 190 tall person..the person behind will die if drive to malaysia lol.. That y mazda out of my list now lol

hahaha! Mazda was 5 times for me, with the fifth time signing on the dotted line [laugh]

I do agree with the space, but coming from my 90s designed Japanese 1.6 to the mz3 everything including space was an upgrade. Guess that's the only time being shorter is an advantage [smallcry]

Based on your space/height requirements I guess the Fluence or QQ1.2 would be good.

My complaint about the QQ1.2 is the lack of juice during overtaking manoeuvres and the larger miles/h speedo over the km/h one. Build quality, space and comfort is great though.

If u want to stretch your wallet further, do consider mz6 or forrester or outlander.

Began life with the Fluence yesterday and it's been a pleasurable ride so far. This beast is so silent (inside at least [;)] ) and accelerates so smoothly one's gotta keep watch on the speedometer to stay legal. The space factor has to be felt with 4 adults with BMI > 25 and 2 kids to be believed.

• Praise 1

Began life with the Fluence yesterday and it's been a pleasurable ride so far. This beast is so silent (inside at least [;)] ) and accelerates so smoothly one's gotta keep watch on the speedometer to stay legal. The space factor has to be felt with 4 adults with BMI > 25 and 2 kids to be believed.

Hi bro, u got ur Coe during last bid 20/4? Or on the 04/4? 1bid only? U must be enjoy driving now.. So envy ler.. I failed the 1st bid..

On 04/4, 2nd bid. Needn't worry if you booked on guaranteed basis.

Hi bro, u got ur Coe during last bid 20/4? Or on the 04/4? 1bid only? U must be enjoy driving now.. So envy ler.. I failed the 1st bid..

I had 2 Renault Megane and 1 RS Clio in the 2000. All gave good pefrormances except for the ignition coil of the vehicles that fail often. Other than that, it was wonderful cars. Now it comes in diesel, so no more ignition coil used. The car should be good IMO.

↡ Advertisement