Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic | 121 praises

Posted 06 November 2015 - 12:41 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i mean really....last time where got these wan... we use our skills of distance perception and judgement.  Sometimes these tools, lead to complacency.

that said, still find it insulting that porsches and the like have rev sensor and all.....insult to the core....

when I was learning for my Class 3, my instructor's Datsun don't have reverse sensor one ... have to estimate the back using the corners of the boot ... [:p]

keep in lane using a point of the front wiper against the lane marking on the left.

RadX and Yewheng praised this
focus

Posted 06 November 2015 - 04:14 PM

JohnSHL
  • Premium member
    JohnSHL
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

just mind the cones, pls :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

cones? good idea... can replace the four steel rims and metal poles I keep in my boot.

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:12 AM

tomychua
  • tomychua
    Banned

Some camera doesn't have the grid line ... best is to check with your installer ..

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:19 AM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi guys

Thanks to all your feedback and comments. [thumbsup]

Actually I am still quite new to my car and due to it's size, I have difficulty parking in straight and "squarely" into the lot, so I thought having the grid lines will help me park swee swee and at the same time give my neighbouring car drivers sufficient space to open their doors.

Guess what? The idea of drawing lines on the screen did cross my mind! [:p]

Well, the main reason why I am asking is because if my reverse camera DO come with grid lines on the screen, then I should be able to take advantage of it. If not, then i will just live without it loh...

Actually parking is easy, no need grid lines. Look at side mirror, rear mirror can already. Reverse camera is good to look out for objects that is too short or view that is being blocked due to high boot.

If you cant reverse in swee swee 1st time, nevermind, just readjust again lor. I most of the time also can't reverse in swee swee 1St time and need 2ND or 3Rd time adjustment.

Edited by Yewheng, 12 November 2015 - 02:20 AM.

JohnSHL and Blueray praised this

Posted 12 November 2015 - 10:43 AM

Mtortise
  • Premium member
    Mtortise
    Clutched
    Author Image

Thanks, guys.

I have checked with the dealer. It really doesnt come with gridlines.

Well, looks like I have to practice my parking more often!  [laugh]

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Now that I have a reverse cam, find myself relying too much on it... Used to be easier with just the 2 side mirrors and the rear view mirror...

Posted 15 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I no cam. I get out of my car to physical check if unsure. [laugh] Beats any revrsing cam.

Edited by Kangadrool, 15 November 2015 - 10:39 AM.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:05 PM

alphard96
  • Premium member
    alphard96
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks, guys.

I have checked with the dealer. It really doesnt come with gridlines.

Well, looks like I have to practice my parking more often!  [laugh]

Don't worry, fix guide - lines (some with additional cones eg alpine unit), may be good to have but essentially find it not useful practically.

Having a reverse cam itself is v good already, much better than reverse sensor.

It really helps to avoid unwanted rear accidents as pointed earlier by various members in the thread

Yes, aftermarket one usually can "on" and "off" during set up (need to ask installer to do it). If you really keen to find out, perhaps just drop by your usual ice shop and check with them.

A more useful guide-lines are those active/movable type, (lines will move according to the steering wheel), usually factory fitted eg in lexus/merc or bmw/high end Toyota etc.  This can assess degree of steering wheel turn to be able to reverse nicely into a lot.

Pinobii praised this

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

Wyfitms
  • Premium member
    Wyfitms
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

grid lines are useful for those who cannot park straight. for instance, people like my wife  [laugh]

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Dynavin DVN-RC-A4

Dynavin DVN-RC-A4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mrkskid  |  Clutched

Guides you through the dark well.

This device is fabulous - just what I need for my night drives. I live at Chai Chee, and carparks may get pretty dark sometimes. Parking is now made easy and quickly by the detection of distance of my front/rear bumper to the kerb. The beep t... » Read More

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3

Dynavin DVN-RC-A3  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by MercDollface  |  Neutral Newbie

Multi-purpose device that works really awesomely!

Well, it was basic enough to make reversing much more precise, along with its night vision to allow dark images to be seen easily. I had also used it to dig out evidences and supports when I met with an accident, being rear ended. This Dynavi... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Reverse Camera

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, reverse camera, camera and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users