Reverse Camera but no grid lines

Mtortise

Hi guys

Thanks to all your feedback and comments.  [thumbsup]

Actually I am still quite new to my car and due to it's size, I have difficulty parking in straight and "squarely" into the lot, so I thought having the grid lines will help me park swee swee and at the same time give my neighbouring car drivers sufficient space to open their doors.

Guess what? The idea of drawing lines on the screen did cross my mind!  [:p]

Well, the main reason why I am asking is because if my reverse camera DO come with grid lines on the screen, then I should be able to take advantage of it. If not, then i will just live without it loh... 

Get a few bangalah as lines man can liao. hahahaha, just kidding. 

• Praise 1

i mean really....last time where got these wan... we use our skills of distance perception and judgement.  Sometimes these tools, lead to complacency.

that said, still find it insulting that porsches and the like have rev sensor and all.....insult to the core....

when I was learning for my Class 3, my instructor's Datsun don't have reverse sensor one ... have to estimate the back using the corners of the boot ... [:p]

keep in lane using a point of the front wiper against the lane marking on the left.

• Praise 2

Hi guys

Thanks to all your feedback and comments. [thumbsup]

Actually I am still quite new to my car and due to it's size, I have difficulty parking in straight and "squarely" into the lot, so I thought having the grid lines will help me park swee swee and at the same time give my neighbouring car drivers sufficient space to open their doors.

Guess what? The idea of drawing lines on the screen did cross my mind! [:p]

Well, the main reason why I am asking is because if my reverse camera DO come with grid lines on the screen, then I should be able to take advantage of it. If not, then i will just live without it loh...

Actually parking is easy, no need grid lines. Look at side mirror, rear mirror can already. Reverse camera is good to look out for objects that is too short or view that is being blocked due to high boot.

If you cant reverse in swee swee 1st time, nevermind, just readjust again lor. I most of the time also can't reverse in swee swee 1St time and need 2ND or 3Rd time adjustment.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

Thanks, guys.

I have checked with the dealer. It really doesnt come with gridlines.

Well, looks like I have to practice my parking more often!  [laugh]

Thanks, guys.

I have checked with the dealer. It really doesnt come with gridlines.

Well, looks like I have to practice my parking more often!  [laugh]

Don't worry, fix guide - lines (some with additional cones eg alpine unit), may be good to have but essentially find it not useful practically.

Having a reverse cam itself is v good already, much better than reverse sensor.

It really helps to avoid unwanted rear accidents as pointed earlier by various members in the thread

Yes, aftermarket one usually can "on" and "off" during set up (need to ask installer to do it). If you really keen to find out, perhaps just drop by your usual ice shop and check with them.

A more useful guide-lines are those active/movable type, (lines will move according to the steering wheel), usually factory fitted eg in lexus/merc or bmw/high end Toyota etc.  This can assess degree of steering wheel turn to be able to reverse nicely into a lot.

• Praise 1