Why Dogs Tilt Their Heads

Picnic06-Biante15

Yahoo : This Is Why Dogs Tilt Their Heads When You Talk To Them

When you talk to a dog, and it puts its head on one side, like it’s listening to you, it’s one of the cutest tricks our four-legged friends are capable of.

But why do they do it?

The answer isn’t that your dog is actually listening to every word you say - they only recognise certain parts of human language.

Some experts think that the reason they do it is BECAUSE we find it cute - the dog responds to our responses, and the fact we find the head-tilt cute means they do it more often.

Others suggest it’s to do with hearing - that the dog is angling one ear towards us to listen carefully, and to work out where the sound’s coming from.

But one expert believes that it’s actually to do with watching your mouth closely.

Stanley Coren, writing in Psychology Today, says, ‘We know that dogs continually scan our faces for information and to read our emotional state. Hence it is likely that one reason why dogs may tilt their heads when we talk to them is because they want to see our faces better, and to compensate for the way in which their muzzles obscure part of their vision.’

In other words, when your dog is tilting its head, it really is hanging on your every word - whether or not it understands them.

link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/this-is-why-dogs-tilt-their-heads-when-you-talk-to-them-135834161.html#tT7lJkn

Actually they are thinking, What Talking You !!!!      :a-t9412:

post-21853-0-07756100-1446773850.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

Yahoo : This Is Why Dogs Tilt Their Heads When You Talk To Them

When you talk to a dog, and it puts its head on one side, like it’s listening to you, it’s one of the cutest tricks our four-legged friends are capable of.

But why do they do it?

The answer isn’t that your dog is actually listening to every word you say - they only recognise certain parts of human language.

Some experts think that the reason they do it is BECAUSE we find it cute - the dog responds to our responses, and the fact we find the head-tilt cute means they do it more often.

Others suggest it’s to do with hearing - that the dog is angling one ear towards us to listen carefully, and to work out where the sound’s coming from.

But one expert believes that it’s actually to do with watching your mouth closely.

Stanley Coren, writing in Psychology Today, says, ‘We know that dogs continually scan our faces for information and to read our emotional state. Hence it is likely that one reason why dogs may tilt their heads when we talk to them is because they want to see our faces better, and to compensate for the way in which their muzzles obscure part of their vision.’

In other words, when your dog is tilting its head, it really is hanging on your every word - whether or not it understands them.

link : https://sg.news.yahoo.com/this-is-why-dogs-tilt-their-heads-when-you-talk-to-them-135834161.html#tT7lJkn

Actually they are thinking, What Talking You !!!!      :a-t9412:

owls le?

sun-goes-down.jpg

• Praise 7

@Radx owl also tilt its head ... :secret-laugh:

Don't believe, he can post his pet owl photo......

errrr....  I mean the feathered one, not the other birdie ... :we-all-gonna-die:  

lol...u slow...just posted...kekeke

It's actually eyeing at your 'sausage' cos it is hanging at 6.30 position ..... :grin:         :grin:

lol...nb :D  [thumbsup]

My dog never tilts his head leh. Only barks at me [:|]

that's because you are not the alpha male and your dog demand you to follow it....

you need to show it who is the master.... once done... your dog will follow you like a alpha male

These people thinks too much....dogs with their droopy ears how to listen when covered up, so have to tilt sideway mah.

Not sure if he will listen to you though....

post-116534-0-16227900-1446777042_thumb.jpeg

• Praise 2

Mine will tilt his head up/down/sidewards when there is a cat around ; and when I scold him he will turn the face the other way (like act blurr/ cannot hear!- damn clever one! this thing he can do!!) No need research one   

But confirm he will look straight at me if I'm being very nice to him 

Edited by BanCoe

I find that my dog will tilt her head and at times even wink when she was young(1-3yrs) :wub: so cute, after several years she doesn't do that anymore [:p]

@Radx owl also tilt its head ... :secret-laugh:

Don't believe, he can post his pet owl photo......

errrr....  I mean the feathered one, not the other birdie ... :we-all-gonna-die:  

The other birdie, I think keep in the cage better... Nobody wanna see.. =P

• Praise 2

The other birdie, I think keep in the cage better... Nobody wanna see.. =P

eh that one if show will be liddis:

5e96070206c083a887930a18a1a697bf.jpg