Kumho Ecsta PS31

Samwng

Tyre hardened already.

Same as my current tyres installed in Dec 2015. Car getting bumpy and hard. I suspect tyre hardened since mileage is 27K and I park outdoors during office hours.

Planning to change this year end.

Installed hankook since Jan 2015 till now. Car starts to feel every bump 6 months back... Thread still looks good but maybe its time to let go off this and try PS31

Anymore users of PS31 can give their comments?

↡ Advertisement

I am worried about the road noise . My 2 year old PS3 now has this woong woong sound when cruising at highway speeds. No point if I change to new tyres that also do the same!

• Praise 1

changed to PS31 at a great deal . Its much softer than the PS3 I had on and the noise is comparable, maybe slightly softer. For the price, you cant complain much 

changed to PS31 at a great deal . Its much softer than the PS3 I had on and the noise is comparable, maybe slightly softer. For the price, you cant complain much

Not sure about PS31, but last time I used KU31 the woo woo sound also come out after about 20k.

Not sure about PS31, but last time I used KU31 the woo woo sound also come out after about 20k.

Its definitely louder than the PS3 if you compare them side by side under similar situations.

Feedback is not as direct as PS3, its more comfortable, not as stiff. Have not tested the grip , though unintentionally tested wet braking last night to avoid an idiotic driver that did a last minute lane change without blinkers. " no prizes if you guessed the brand of car"  

Just changed out the PS31 installed 3 months back. Mileage less than 3K.

Performance is pretty good considering the price tag, but I found the humming noise quite irritating. Sounds like you are driving with bad wheel bearings.

Side walls are pretty soft.

• Praise 1

Gents,

please advise how much did PS31 cost you and at which shop.

Will like to do a cost survey before going to install.

Also how long the mileage already. [laugh]

Did mine at yew tee car alignment last time.Got it at $85/pcs inclusive of installation and balancing. Imo more convenient than tyrepac  - buy online $62 + 7% GST + additional  workshop installation fee = around $85 also. For alignment it's $50. Used 3 months so far around 4500km still quite comfort and good grip on wet roads. But my previous Yokohama AE50 feels quieter though. 

• Praise 1

Kumho KU31 is made in Korea...

But now mostly the new PS31 is made in Vietnam

i used before ku31 from korea and vietnam, not much different and perform the same way... in total, i had 4 sets before on my previous latio... if you dig back old post from me, i have very good experience with ku31... but MIC is not something i wanna try... [grin]

Kumho KU31 is made in Korea...

But now mostly the new PS31 is made in Vietnam

Actually there are MIC KU31 around as I am using them and actually not too bad.

Just a bit noisy (expected based on the thread) but still ok for the price.

Actually there are MIC KU31 around as I am using them and actually not too bad.

Just a bit noisy (expected based on the thread) but still ok for the price.

got MIC? hmmmmm. i will look out and shun too./

thanks for informing.

↡ Advertisement