7-Seater MPV

Victor68

Time flies! 2.5 years already. Biante is very hardy and sure look like can last 20 years if maintain properly. But don't think could resist temptation that long lah.

your heart is with the sharan

why search so desperately for another mpv to avoid it?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

your heart is with the sharan

why search so desperately for another mpv to avoid it?

ð

then engine oil also synthetic how?

all engines of every brand will kena or not?

ð

Engine oil is not in contact with any Mechatronic unit. In the case of DSG the oil is in contact with the gb's MU. And the corrosion led the MU to short circuit. That was the essential problem of 7-speed DSG failures. Edited by MercutioV

Engine oil is not in contact with Mechatronic unit.

Sorry maybe I misunderstood. EO Can still use Synthetic but GB oil must use Mineral right?

• Praise 3

Sorry maybe I misunderstood. EO Can still use Synthetic but GB oil must use Mineral right?

The peculiar design of VW 7-speed DSG requires the use of mineral oil within the gb, yes. But different gb with different design will depend on each case. Cannot generalize.

The peculiar design of VW 7-speed DSG requires the use of mineral oil within the gb, yes. But different gb with different design will depend on each case. Cannot generalize.

To clarify: engine oil and gb oil are different issues. Let's not confuse. Edited by MercutioV

yeah it's just the GB oil.

Or else make whole of VW group cars come in for servicing every 5k, everyone already junk their VW liao  [laugh]

To clarify: engine oil and gb oil are different issues. Let's not confuse.

Ok tks guys for the clarification, I'm not very technical so it's good learning process for me!

yeah it's just the GB oil.

Or else make whole of VW group cars come in for servicing every 5k, everyone already junk their VW liao [laugh]

Edited by Spring
  • Praise 5

the issue is the for 7sp dry dsg gb, the mu is not immersed in an oil bath and therefore prone to failure due to repeated heat cycles

if what VW said about the synthetic gb oil is true, then the 6sp wet dsg gb should be the unreliable and problematic one because the mu is immersed in an oil bath for cooling purposes therefore it is known as wet dsg

makes sense?

Ok tks guys for the clarification, I'm not very technical so it's good learning process for me!

Bro, how's your ride so far? If the price was lower that time I would have went for 2GT.
  • Praise 1

the issue is the for 7sp dry dsg gb, the mu is not immersed in an oil bath and therefore prone to failure due to repeated heat cycles

if what VW said about the synthetic gb oil is true, then the 6sp wet dsg gb should be the unreliable and problematic one because the mu is immersed in an oil bath for cooling purposes therefore it is known as wet dsg

makes sense?

ð

The difference is that since the 6spd DSG is fully immersed in oil, it never gets as hot. 7spd DSG is partly dry clutch. As such it generates much more heat which causes the synthetic oil's sulphur additives to change their molecular structure and corrode the MU.
  • Praise 3

The difference is that since the 6spd DSG is fully immersed in oil, it never gets as hot. 7spd DSG is partly dry clutch. As such it generates much more heat which causes the synthetic oil's sulphur additives to change their molecular structure and corrode the MU.

ok you can buy the 7 dsg with full confidence

I'll prefer the 6dsg thank you

I don't think Toyota Triplet, Honda Stepwgn Nissan Serena are based on van platform. FYI, Toyota and Nissan also has commercial van based people carriers in the product lineup.

Toyota_LiteAce_L_1.jpg

nissan-nv200-taxi-a-breakthrough-vehicle

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

test drove citan with 7 seater versions before .. the 1.5 liter turbo diesel engine has good pulling power for such heavy van , the  6 speed manual gb was smooth and not that jerky even for me ( been a auto driver for a long time) ..space was really good front , middle and back ... , ground clearance was quite high too , tall ride height ...handling was quite ok .. did a sharp turn ..surprisingly nimble , suspension feels quite stiff ...

Aircon however seems quite weak , fit and finishes quite flimsy and interior very bland and basic ... overalll quite a good car ,,, 

test drove citan with 7 seater versions before .. the 1.5 liter turbo diesel engine has good pulling power for such heavy van , the 6 speed manual gb was smooth and not that jerky even for me ( been a auto driver for a long time) ..space was really good front , middle and back ... , ground clearance was quite high too , tall ride height ...handling was quite ok .. did a sharp turn ..surprisingly nimble , suspension feels quite stiff ...

Aircon however seems quite weak , fit and finishes quite flimsy and interior very bland and basic ... overalll quite a good car ,,,

You test drive the one at Repub***?
  • Praise 1

ya...very nice color.. have u tested it ?

but did notice the panel board covering the back doors were bloated ... seems that water has seeped in and wet the board

You test drive the one at Repub***?

Edited by Lycanthrope
  • Praise 1

test drove citan with 7 seater versions before .. the 1.5 liter turbo diesel engine has good pulling power for such heavy van , the  6 speed manual gb was smooth and not that jerky even for me ( been a auto driver for a long time) ..space was really good front , middle and back ... , ground clearance was quite high too , tall ride height ...handling was quite ok .. did a sharp turn ..surprisingly nimble , suspension feels quite stiff ...

btw, citan is a French(Renault) with a german heart...

• Praise 1

btw, citan is a French(Renault) with a german heart...

Should be French babe with German clothing. The diesel engine is also from Renault.
  • Praise 4

Bro, how's your ride so far? If the price was lower that time I would have went for 2GT.

It's good!! The instant torque, good FC are the plus points. The no 3rd row air con is the downer and I suppose the auto start stop as well but that one u can off but must do each time. Overall happy with the car as it serves my needs though those who need a 7 seater most times should look elsewhere, cheers!!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5