7-Seater MPV

Victor68

I think you are trying very hard to put this ride down. In my opinion, this ride is not classified as commercial car, but a passenger car, this itself is already something that those commercial ride loses out greatly. The previous cargo version already cost $100k, with goods vehicle registration plate.

Anyway, this ride is not for everyone.

The video is only for those who understand mandarin. Very informative and frank assessment of the car. The last 2 minutes are interesting.

Very good!

Try out these links to get a feel of what can be done to the Caddy in other part of the world. 17" rim is one of the option. Sad to say, as our market is too small for most car manufacturer, we are to get what are provided by the AD or factory. But if you are a serious buyer, there are other ways things can be done to your wish (PI is one of them, else can indent the vehicle through the AD).

UK => https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/range/caddy-c4

Germany => http://app.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.de/ihdcc/content/vw_nfz/importers/de/brand/de/configurator.html#70123

Like wat I have said, being there, done that. AD is not willing to indent a special high spec unit just for you unless you are those big companies buying 100 or 200 vans in 1 shot.

If were to buy from PI, I would rather get a Toyota Hiace which pack a whole bunch of goodies. Easier & high chance to import in.

http://toyota.jp/hiacevan/grade/special/

Beside I never encounter any PI bring in continental commercial vans in to sell.

I have a quick check on the web.

Current Serena is on the same platform as the Sylphy, while NV200 is sharing same platform as the truck.

Toyota LiteAce Noah is a different vehicle from Noah. To be more precise, the former is derives from LiteAce cargo van to create a new people carrier below Estima (in the 90s). After the success of the LiteAce Noah, Toyota decided to launch a new MPV, known as Noah in ~2000 - 2001, which is not related to LiteAce Noah. Today, the Noah (and Voxy) is already in it 3rd generation.

Wah you really  [thumbsup] .

Still a doctor?

Is she the same one as the other cars? Or Japs like doctors to help to promote cars???

This doctor, even if charges the same as the whompoa clinic, also unlikely (male) patients will complain hor  :XD:

Toyota Esquire

005_o.jpg016_o.jpg014_o.jpg008_o.jpg006_o.jpg018_o.jpg020_o.jpg026_o.jpg030_o.jpg029_o.jpg042_o.jpg032_o.jpg046_o.jpg089_o.jpg037_o.jpg088_o.jpg044_o.jpg090_o.jpg

Wah you really [thumbsup] .

Still a doctor?

Is she the same one as the other cars? Or Japs like doctors to help to promote cars???

This doctor, even if charges the same as the whompoa clinic, also unlikely (male) patients will complain hor :XD:

Focus on car or on other things..

It will still feel like a Van. Driven one before. If I am not wrong, the commercial verhicles they share some parts with other brands also. That is why all their vans look the same. The boot also not as practical as compared to MPV, cuz all these vans their rear seats cannot fold down flat like most MPVs.

Yup, Minivans (what MPVs are called in the USA) are just that ... vans which are passenger carriers, allowing up to 5+2 to be seated.

Driving characteristics would not deviate much from that, a van - and that would include sluggish acceleration (lower power-to-weight ratio, vs a similarly powered sedan), hard cornering and its inability to take on a series of bends with poise, in rolly-polly fashion.

Edited by merc280v6
  • Praise 1

hi Xanavi

you bought that 7 seater citan already ?? its listed sold liao 

It is definitely one of my top choice. But the price from them very stiff.. haha.. guess cause reputated dealer. And keen to test drive the Caddy first.

Think for that price, pretty decent for the specs. And pretty decent is an understatement.

Some more 17inch wheels. Now issue is OMV

• Praise 1

Yup, Minivans (what MPVs are called in the USA) are just that ... vans which are passenger carriers, allowing up to 5+2 to be seated.

Driving characteristics would not deviate much from that, a van - and that would include sluggish acceleration (lower power-to-weight ratio, vs a similarly powered sedan), hard cornering and its inability to take on a series of bends with poise, in rolly-polly fashion.

• Praise 3

Honda Stepwgn

118_o.jpg122_o.jpg045_o.jpg027_o.jpg120_o.jpg058_o.jpg011_o.jpg020_o.jpg043_o.jpg109_o.jpg086_o.jpg111_o.jpg087_o.jpg017_o.jpg041_o.jpg036_o.jpg079_o.jpg049_o.jpg075_o.jpg035_o.jpg070_o.jpg029_o.jpg078_o.jpg077_o.jpg081_o.jpg040_o.jpg031_o.jpg084_o.jpg064_o.jpg

Was considering this but wife say it is too boxy. Like hearse van

If only it adds some curves and slightly lower to maybe slightly below 1.8m height will be sweet

• Praise 1

Was considering this but wife say it is too boxy. Like hearse van

If only it adds some curves and slightly lower to maybe slightly below 1.8m height will be sweet

My wife could at least accept this - she veto'ed the triplets at first sight for the same reason.

As for height, it seems like SGP is the only place where 1.8 m is a problem? The caps make a lot of these tall MPVs to give more space, so naturally i'll imagine height is not a concern for them there. MSCP must have tall entrances/ceilings...

The thing that worries me, though, is that with the unique feature of the waku waku door, there is no rear bumper to offer any 'first-line of defence', for minor impact. Imagine if reversing somehow hit something - will the whole tailgate alignment be affected? Or if someone behind couldn't stop in time and just hit a bit... 

The price of the tailgate is likely not cheap, not to mention the availability of spare part lor...

For this reason, even though it was the newest van-like MPV and the seats are imho more flexible/useful than ALL the other van-like MPVs, i didn't dare take the plunge...

• Praise 1

My wife could at least accept this - she veto'ed the triplets at first sight for the same reason.

As for height, it seems like SGP is the only place where 1.8 m is a problem? The caps make a lot of these tall MPVs to give more space, so naturally i'll imagine height is not a concern for them there. MSCP must have tall entrances/ceilings...

The thing that worries me, though, is that with the unique feature of the waku waku door, there is no rear bumper to offer any 'first-line of defence', for minor impact. Imagine if reversing somehow hit something - will the whole tailgate alignment be affected? Or if someone behind couldn't stop in time and just hit a bit...

The price of the tailgate is likely not cheap, not to mention the availability of spare part lor...

For this reason, even though it was the newest van-like MPV and the seats are imho more flexible/useful than ALL the other van-like MPVs, i didn't dare take the plunge...

Most carparks in sg should have a minimum 2m clearance. Just that some older carparks are 1.8/1.85m at gantry. My colleague need to check the carpark entrance height before leaving office/home cos his Noah also more than 1.8m
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1