7-Seater MPV

Victor68

I certainly don't think so when i tried. In fact, it is ok for short adult trips at the last row when the middle seats are adjusted forward

Carens is an MPV through and through

Possibly can fit adults about 1.6m tall at the max, if you want to squeeze in 7 adults, including 2 in the back row.

But it will still be  a squeeze.

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I certainly don't think so when i tried. In fact, it is ok for short adult trips at the last row when the middle seats are adjusted forward

Carens is an MPV through and through

Yes it is a mpv. But a small o one lor. .. I asked kia about the second (or grand carnival) but they said no plan to bring in. ..

Possibly can fit adults about 1.6m tall at the max, if you want to squeeze in 7 adults, including 2 in the back row.

But it will still be a squeeze.

3 Rd row think best is keep to 1.5m. Wife is around 1.65m, and even wish also complain squeezed. ..

But it will still be a squeeze.

3 Rd row think best is keep to 1.5m. Wife is around 1.65m, and even wish also complain squeezed. ..

Ford Smax is not full size  MPV

Ford Galaxy is full size MPV

I am refering to the new S-Max, which dimensions are prettey close to Sharan.

New S-Max: 4,796mm (L) x 1,916mm (W) x 1,655mm (H) x 2,849mm (Wheelbase)

Sharan: 4,854mm (L) x 1,904mm (W) x 1,720mm (H) x 2,920mm (Wheelbase)

5.jpg5.jpg5.jpg5.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 3

Agree.

But I just looked at the specs. Length-wise, smax is 4772, galaxy is 4819

Width both the same 1884

Galaxy is taller, 1770 vs 1620

wheelbase both 2850.

Except for the height, i'm not sure why Galaxy felt significantly more spacious than smax… 3rd row for galaxy i remember was decent for adult. smax was a stretch there. Maybe it's because in Galaxy can sit more upright given the height.

Galaxy has a more boxy and taller cabin, thus it feel more spacious. Just like between an E-Class vs. CLS (both with using same platform). ;)

• Praise 3

Many people neglect the height of the 3rd row. Many 3rd row seat is like sitting on the floor, they are that low! That's why i chose Mazda 5, 3rd row at least still feels like sitting on a chair instead of floor. Plus sliding door is a bonus.

• Praise 3

Many people neglect the height of the 3rd row. Many 3rd row seat is like sitting on the floor, they are that low! That's why i chose Mazda 5, 3rd row at least still feels like sitting on a chair instead of floor. Plus sliding door is a bonus.

How much is the Mz5 now?

But the crash test result is cmi.

• Praise 1

How much is the Mz5 now?

But the crash test result is cmi.

Presage to mz5 not advisable

Whole family will feel cramped with the change

Will need to manage their expectations and expect a lot of resistance esp in the initial stages

Takes away the enjoyment of owning a new car

• Praise 1

Presage to mz5 not advisable

Whole family will feel cramped with the change

Will need to manage their expectations and expect a lot of resistance esp in the initial stages

Takes away the enjoyment of owning a new car

• Praise 1

I am refering to the new S-Max, which dimensions are prettey close to Sharan.

New S-Max: 4,796mm (L) x 1,916mm (W) x 1,655mm (H) x 2,849mm (Wheelbase)

Sharan: 4,854mm (L) x 1,904mm (W) x 1,720mm (H) x 2,920mm (Wheelbase)

5.jpg5.jpg5.jpg5.jpg

New S max dimension is almost identical to the outgoing model. Though dimension quite close to Sharan but 3rd row somehow is tighter, more of a 5 + 2 than a full 7 seater MPV. Maybe due to the long bonnet and dashboard that compromise on overall interior space.

Having said that, comparing Sharan, Previa/Estima and Odyssey,

Sharan : 4,854mm (L) x 1,904mm (W) x 1,720mm (H) x 2,920mm (Wheelbase)

Previa/Estima : 4,795mm (L) x 1,800mm (W) x 1,730mm (H) x 2,950mm (Wheelbase)

Odyssey : 4,830mm (L) x 1,820mm (W) x 1,695mm (H) x 2,900mm (Wheelbase)

Sharan is the longest and widest yet 3rd row is slightly narrower than the other 2.

• Praise 1

true, seat height is v impt, must try and seat for long period to understand the issue.

Many 7 seater 3rd row have this limitations.

Good that you Mazda 5 3rd row feels like sitting on a chair.

• Praise 1

New S max dimension is almost identical to the outgoing model. Though dimension quite close to Sharan but 3rd row somehow is tighter, more of a 5 + 2 than a full 7 seater MPV. Maybe due to the long bonnet and dashboard that compromise on overall interior space.

Having said that, comparing Sharan, Previa/Estima and Odyssey,

Sharan : 4,854mm (L) x 1,904mm (W) x 1,720mm (H) x 2,920mm (Wheelbase)

Previa/Estima : 4,795mm (L) x 1,800mm (W) x 1,730mm (H) x 2,950mm (Wheelbase)

Odyssey : 4,830mm (L) x 1,820mm (W) x 1,695mm (H) x 2,900mm (Wheelbase)

Sharan is the longest and widest yet 3rd row is slightly narrower than the other 2.

I can't be sure, but could it be that Sharan has a longer bonnet so it's left with less cabin space, of maybe it has more boot space?

I can't be sure, but could it be that Sharan has a longer bonnet so it's left with less cabin space, of maybe it has more boot space?

When wifey and I were looking for a replacement for our RB1 Oddy EXV, we looked at the 3 models.

Sharan had the most cramped interior compared to the Odyssey and the Estima (actually it felt more cramped than our old Odyssey).

The Odyssey had the most modern Transformers look (after all it was the latest model compared to the Sharan and the Estima). Interior-wise the Odyssey felt more spacious and more modern with higher quality materials used. The Estima was getting long in the tooth despite the many facelifts and we felt that the Odyssey was a more engaging drive compared to the Estimate.

We finally plumped for the Odyssey Absolute 20th Anniversary Edition 8 seater model and are very happy with it.

If there was one thing that would make the Odyssey better would be an electric tailgate as the tailgate on this new model is much more heftier than our previous Odyssey.

Hopes this helps...

• Praise 2

I think it's more the longer bonnet that sacrifices some cabin space rather than boot space, similarly for the S max.

• Praise 1

When wifey and I were looking for a replacement for our RB1 Oddy EXV, we looked at the 3 models.

Sharan had the most cramped interior compared to the Odyssey and the Estima (actually it felt more cramped than our old Odyssey).

The Odyssey had the most modern Transformers look (after all it was the latest model compared to the Sharan and the Estima). Interior-wise the Odyssey felt more spacious and more modern with higher quality materials used. The Estima was getting long in the tooth despite the many facelifts and we felt that the Odyssey was a more engaging drive compared to the Estimate.

We finally plumped for the Odyssey Absolute 20th Anniversary Edition 8 seater model and are very happy with it.

If there was one thing that would make the Odyssey better would be an electric tailgate as the tailgate on this new model is much more heftier than our previous Odyssey.

Hopes this helps...

Used to own a RB3 Oddy EXV premium and a Nissan Presage.

Good to here you're very happy with your new Oddy. [thumbsup]  I like the futuristic look as well and almost committed to one but ended up with a Sharan.

I would agree Sharan is more cramped than the other two but only slightly. The 2 main reason for new Oddy being roomier is that the floor base is really low, that gives a much better headroom overall and the 3rd row seat is anchored behind the rear wheel axle instead of above, that increases the overall cabin length. Sharan's front seats are slightly bigger and taller, there's a centre console in the front row rather than the walk through concept, 2nd row gets 3 individual seats and all black interior, that's why it feels cramped. At least it's the widest, I can fit 3 children car seats in the 2nd row. For Estima, that miniature bonnet and headroom gives the advantage but personally just can't agree with that windscreen and bonnet being flush like a van and that odometer in the centre, interior are really dated and only 2 airbags.

My decision on Sharan is because of the power, driving dynamic and stability, feature packed, high quality interior and 2nd row 3 individual seats so that my 3 children won't fight over who seats behind.

If the next facelift Oddy comes with 2.0T engine and do away with CVT then it'll definitely be my first choice.

Used to own a RB3 Oddy EXV premium and a Nissan Presage.

Good to here you're very happy with your new Oddy. [thumbsup]  I like the futuristic look as well and almost committed to one but ended up with a Sharan.

I would agree Sharan is more cramped than the other two but only slightly. The 2 main reason for new Oddy being roomier is that the floor base is really low, that gives a much better headroom overall and the 3rd row seat is anchored behind the rear wheel axle instead of above, that increases the overall cabin length. Sharan's front seats are slightly bigger and taller, there's a centre console in the front row rather than the walk through concept, 2nd row gets 3 individual seats and all black interior, that's why it feels cramped. At least it's the widest, I can fit 3 children car seats in the 2nd row. For Estima, that miniature bonnet and headroom gives the advantage but personally just can't agree with that windscreen and bonnet being flush like a van and that odometer in the centre, interior are really dated and only 2 airbags.

My decision on Sharan is because of the power, driving dynamic and stability, feature packed, high quality interior and 2nd row 3 individual seats so that my 3 children won't fight over who seats behind.

If the next facelift Oddy comes with 2.0T engine and do away with CVT then it'll definitely be my first choice.

I read somewhere that the 3rd row for Odyssey is a bench that either all folds up or all folds down, no split 60/40 nor 50/50 true? thks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4