Singtel secures EPL for 3 more years from 2016.....

Piyopico

At a higher price......

Shit man. Can't they bid low and secure the damn rights. After all it will be subjected to cross carriage. Not exclusive at all so no bragging rights.

I think football fans are screwed AGAIN.

We (Singapore) must be the biggest carrot to the BPL

No doubt about that especially in terms of per population.

NBC pays US166m a year but US has 320 million people

SingTel pays US97m a year but Spore has 5.4m people.

We confirmed are the biggest carrot.

No doubt about that especially in terms of per population.

NBC pays US166m a year but US has 320 million people

SingTel pays US97m a year but Spore has 5.4m people.

We confirmed are the biggest carrot.

Your post made me do further research as you should really avoid comparing soccer in USA to soccer in Singapore as their popularity is vastly different.

If we instead use the prices paid for the NFL then the per capita price is a lot closer.

USA population: 319m

Total cost per year: USD 3100m = SGD  4495m

Cost per pax: SGD 14.10

SG population: 5.4m

Speculated price per year: SGD 136m

Cost per pax: SGD 25.20

Less than double the price. Still pricy but a lot less alarming than the stats you were showing.

Source: http://articles.latimes.com/2011/dec/15/business/la-fi-ct-nfl-deals-20111215

Now, if you want to compare BPL prices then we should look at what UK paid.

UK population: 64m

Total cost per year: 1712m pounds = SGD 3695m

Cost per pax: SGD 57.73

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/10/premier-league-tv-rights-sky-bt

Yikes. Anyway, if people are willing to pay 80 bucks per month to watch the matches then I don't really fault Singtel or Starhub for charging that amount. They aren't charities you know? And this is a luxury good.

Edited by Kusje

Community center? Safra?

Or u mean the pubs/restaurants.

There are much fewer establishments showing nowadays leh. Even coffeeshops have reduced significantly.

pubs mostly now.

many coffeeshops were showing initially, even mcds' but they don't now.

Where got time to pay? I have live streaming in my living room and bedroom with clear resolution. Andriod box FTW!

Just curious. Many streaming sites always get taken down after a few months. Do you face the same problem and what box do you use? I guess cannot expect HD quality pics?

Just curious. Many streaming sites always get taken down after a few months. Do you face the same problem and what box do you use? I guess cannot expect HD quality pics?

the android tv box discussion, I've already shared quite a bit on this.

• Praise 1

So they rather lose money than to bid low? Even with the cross carriage ruling? Very hard to imagine :sick:

don't forget bro, those coffee shops,bars,pubs or wherever place which shows BPL to the public pays a lot for the licence..how to lose money?

don't forget bro, those coffee shops,bars,pubs or wherever place which shows BPL to the public pays a lot for the licence..how to lose money?

Any idea how much they pay?

its ok.. i choose the big games to watch at pub with a beer.. much cheaper.. see the highlights on internet good enough..

spare me the agony to see a bad result for my team then later cant sleep at night.. lol

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2