• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
23 replies to this topic | 20 praises

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:22 AM

Zsr19
  • Zsr19
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Thinking to buy engine mount parts n find a workshop to change. Any workshop recommendation with reasonable labour charges. U can pm me too.

My ride is altis 06.

My current servicing workshop always charge double for labour cost as to discourage people buying parts n ask them to fix.
Faint.

Thanks a lot.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 07:47 AM

alfakidz85
  • alfakidz85
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Thinking to buy engine mount parts n find a workshop to change. Any workshop recommendation with reasonable labour charges. U can pm me too.

My ride is altis 06.

My current servicing workshop always charge double for labour cost as to discourage people buying parts n ask them to fix.
Faint.

Thanks a lot.

Ask Garage Republic. Look for boss Dexter Leow 81612636. Price is reasonable boss is an honest chap. They do jap korean and lots of alfas.

But cant blame if your workshop charges you more ex for labour if you bring own parts cause if everyone does that they cannot earn. Just my two cents. To me as long as the workshop is good and can give me what i want I'll support. Unless they really trying to tok me. Haha.

Edited by alfakidz85, 13 November 2015 - 07:49 AM.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Zsr19
  • Zsr19
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thks. :)

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

many threads on this topic of this nature. Need no new one.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Jb more then 50% discount lol

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

A must for all mechanics [laugh]

Attached Thumbnails

• Temp .jpg

Simpleonly praised this
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:14 AM

Speed_Monster
  • Speed_Monster
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Look for Eric, a very honest and reasonable mechanic, he is the boss of Benefit Auto Care Pte Ltd. Well lots of people will always say his mechanic is honest and good blah blah blah ! 

I don't see a need to praise him here, just go down and check him out yourself, if you are comfortable with him, try him out, if not you can always withdraw, anyway diagnostic/consultation is free.

Why I strongly recommend you to him is becos I've tried many mechanics and been conned by many until one of my friend intro him to me. (I drove Honda Civic) He actually specializes Honda car but also did a lot of other models thru recommendation by his existing clients.

One word from my experience with him, a very knowledgeable mechanic with extreme understanding of engines and transmission gearboxes, furthermore price VERY REASONABLE, no hanky panky from him.

Quite a cute guy, modern in his company's attire, he manages his business and assign job for his mechanic to repair.

All his mechanics are decent young men, their appearance looks like those NUS graduates, all hardworking and decent looking unlike those that we usually see in any workshops always trying to slash and rip off car owners.

In a nutshell, try him out and you will have no regret !

Eric - 9489 4895
Benefit Auto Care Pte Ltd
11 Kaki Bukit Road 1 #01-02 
Eunos Technolink 

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

Speed_Monster
  • Speed_Monster
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Jb more then 50% discount lol

Hi,

I used to repair in JB, no doubt the price is cheap, no doubt about it but when it comes to engine and gearboxes, I strongly encourage you to have it repaired in Singapore.

Their knowledge of the modern electronic engines and tiptronic transmission gearboxes are very limited (unless you go back to agent), furthermore most workshops in JB have no proper hi tech computerized system to diagnose and repair the fault. 

Changing of brake pad, servicing etc.......simple tasks, YES most workshop can do it but not repair !

just my personal experience to share with you guys, thanks !

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

AHBA
  • Premium member
    AHBA
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi,

My ride is altis 06.

Faint.

Thanks a lot.

If you have the time, bring the parts to any ws in jb and you will find their charges are way much lower than the lowest you can find in Spore.

My bearing is due for replacement & I have received a few quotes ranges from 200+ to nearly 400 for a set of OEM excluding pressing that will be another 50 bucks.

I know businesses need to make money to survive but its just that most of them here wanted to make fast bucks.......

Some have a meal at $10 & some have it at $100 or even more

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:23 AM

AHBA
  • Premium member
    AHBA
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Their knowledge of the modern electronic engines and tiptronic transmission gearboxes are very limited (unless you go back to agent), furthermore most workshops in JB have no proper hi tech computerized system to diagnose and repair the fault. 

So people across the straits are driving cars not of modernized engines transmission? Lol.....

Simpleonly praised this

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:32 PM

F14b
  • F14b
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, sorry to ask for a recommended workshop for repairing peugeot 308 head gasket?

Posted 28 May 2016 - 09:44 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi, sorry to ask for a recommended workshop for repairing peugeot 308 head gasket?

Try Thomas & partners at amk autopoint.They do French.

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:01 AM

F14b
  • F14b
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks for your advice. May I know how much will it cost for changing head gasket?

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For those JB fans, let me relate my experience. Once I paid just labour charge to change ATF incl ATF filter in jb. Brought my own parts. Much cheaper labour charge compared to Sin.
That very night, I had ATF leak under my car when I came back from a function. Called JB mechanic and he immediately said maybe I bought non-ori parts...
Towed to Sin ws and found the ATF pan gasket had deformed.
LL paid for second ATF change at the Sin ws. Luckily my gearbox was not damaged, else it would be out of pocket repair.

Lesson learned: there is risk in buying own parts, and if car develops problem after repair it will be troublesome to tow it back to JB.

Edited by Beng2, 06 June 2016 - 09:41 PM.

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Sunny
  • Premium member
    Sunny
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For those JB fans, let me relate my experience. Once I paid just labour charge to change ATF incl ATF filter in jb. Brought my own parts. Much cheaper labour charge compared to Sin.
That very night, I had ATF leak under my car when I came back from a function. Called JB mechanic and he immediately said maybe I bought non-ori parts...
Towed to Sin ws and found the ATF pan gasket had deformed.
LL paid for second ATF change at the Sin ws. Luckily my gearbox was not damaged, else it would be out of pocket repair.

Lesson learned: there is risk in buying own parts, and if car develops problem after repair it will be troublesome to tow it back to JB.

I thought lesson learnt should be don't go jb ws?
Angcheek praised this

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:38 PM

Beng2
  • Beng2
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I thought lesson learnt should be don't go jb ws?

Whatever floats your boat...

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Most of the workshops will try to save on this small comsumable item - Copper | Aluminium | Nylon drain plug Seal Washers when changing engine / transimsiion fluid. If the re-used item fails and if the driver didn't notice any oil dripping, the end result can cause serious damage to the engine or transmission.

So if the shop mechanic did not replace the used washer in yr next oil change, pl insists on a new washer and if necessary pay for the item which may not cost more than s$1.00

Don't be penny wish and pound foolish.

Attached Thumbnails

• Oil sump metric washer assorted.jpg

Fuelsaver praised this
Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:36 PM

tormontexist
  • tormontexist
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Try Thomas & partners at amk autopoint.They do French.

any idea what brand of engine oil they used?

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:44 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can't recall but not the usual off the shelves brand

Posted 11 October 2016 - 08:23 AM

tormontexist
  • tormontexist
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Can't recall but not the usual off the shelves brand

i see. Have u tried their engine oil before? Is it good?

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

CK Motor Pte Ltd

CK Motor Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Kennychiang  |  Neutral Newbie

I have been sending my car for servicing for the past two years there as per recommended by my friend. By far, thier price is not the cheapest in town and charged on everything they touched. The boss does not give a damn of who you are and what car you driving and asked you to go somewhere else as he is not happy with your face.

This workshop does not give... » Read More

Motor EDGEvantage Pte Ltd

Motor EDGEvantage Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mavicmax  |  Neutral Newbie

My car servicing was due. My car warranty was over. Option provided to go back to authorized dealer with servicing discount sent to me.

As there is limited number of workshops trusted to service my type of car, I was presented with the dreaded option to return to authorized dealer.

This workshop was recommended to me by none other than the staff of... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, toyotaaltis, workshop and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users