Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
77 replies to this topic | 598 praises

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

Rainbatt
  • Rainbatt
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anywhere selling?  Is it extinct in Spore?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow a mystery. But today is a gift. That's why it's called present.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:01 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Roast Goose is Ang Moh wan.

Asian is Roast Duck.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    5th Gear
    Author Image

im not quite sure.

try sum kee opp sembawang white bee hoon.  I think I see it there.

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:28 AM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

chinese say goose more 毒 than duck.

dont really know what it means. I only care whether its delicious or not.

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:48 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Importing goose is expensive in Singapore because of the limited AVA-approved sources. Most traditional hawkers stopped selling goose and goose eggs since a long time. 

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:58 AM

Tkseah
  • Tkseah
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Roast Goose is Ang Moh wan.

Asian is Roast Duck.

I thot roast goose is a hong kong delicacy? :huh:

iHerb discount code - TEC163

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:06 AM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

The closest to the Hong Kong style roast geese i had tasted was actually at jurong point Legendary Hong Kong, it is actually London Roast duck.

The type of geese they are allowed to import to Singapore actually does not meet the quality which the F&B outlets demand.

You can read about the restaurant http://www.straitsti...at-jurong-point

Quote "I wish Legendary serves roast goose, but it does not. Geese from China cannot be imported into Singapore and the frozen ones from Hungary that we get here do not meet the chefs' standards."

My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:17 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I thot roast goose is a hong kong delicacy? :huh:

You mean the waxed goose thigh seen during CNY? Waxed Chinese sausages and waxed goose thigh used to cook claypot rice.

In the Chinese culinary or recipe I do not recall seeing roast goose(in Singapore). It's mostly roast duck. If wax goose thigh is not available ppl will use duck. Ever since the SARS incident there are very few geese available. Probably can look to Australia to supply and DIY roast it in the oven.

Edited by Watwheels, 13 November 2015 - 11:31 AM.

The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:23 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My father would bring back some when he happens to go HK. But the one at the HK airport quite ex… better to buy outside...

Jamesc praised this

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

Xefera
  • Premium member
    Xefera
    Supercharged
    Author Image

My father would bring back some when he happens to go HK. But the one at the HK airport quite ex… better to buy outside...

Are these the vacuum packed ones?

Thot it is prohibited to bring in such produce through immigration?

Staff69 praised this

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Atrecord
  • Premium member
    Atrecord
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Are these the vacuum packed ones?

Thot it is prohibited to bring in such produce through immigration?

No, bought at airport either food court or restaurant during meal just before boarding. His friend who travelled together also said thought cannot… 

But somehow we got to eat it here leh...

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:01 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Or TS you can try Fatty OX at Smith Road(Chinatown hawker).

https://www.facebook.com/fattyoxhk/

My long time caterer. Hong Kong roast piglet, roast duck master. See whether he can do it on special indent. His number is in the facebook.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

You mean the waxed goose thigh seen during CNY? Waxed Chinese sausages and waxed goose thigh used to cook claypot rice.

In the Chinese culinary or recipe I do not recall seeing roast goose(in Singapore). It's mostly roast duck. If wax goose thigh is not available ppl will use duck. Ever since the SARS incident there are very few geese available. Probably can look to Australia to supply and DIY roast it in the oven.

No, in HK its a delicacy there.

Not just the thigh, whole bird.

So famous you also don't know

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Anywhere selling? Is it extinct in Spore?

Last time 20 years ago, the food court at marina bay do sell roasted geese.

The last time I had in in Singapore is a few years ago at jiale roasted food at marina square food court. Even then, I had it only once because it is not on the menu. They just occasionally do it, or they are trying out new product then. A geese slightly bigger than the duck cost twice more, maybe that why it is not feasible to sell in Singapore.

Maybe you can get them to do special order for you since they reopen at another location. But not sure whether they willing or not for small volumn. Below the link.

http://ieatishootipo...n-and-his-meat/
Lala81 and Uncle2 praised this

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:56 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

last time teochew restaurant Ah Orh always have but in braised style 

now I think no more in Singapore already......

last year 7 days in HongKong I had more than 21 pieces of geese thigh...

damn sinful!!!

JohnSHL and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:15 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

last time teochew restaurant Ah Orh always have but in braised style
now I think no more in Singapore already......

last year 7 days in HongKong I had more than 21 pieces of geese thigh...

damn sinful!!!

They said the really priced one are the left thigh.😋

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

ChickenMob
  • Premium member
    ChickenMob
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Yah.......suppose to be that side is the most tasty, forgot how they named it in Cantonese....

imagine everyday in HK I every meal I had at least one of that and roast pigeon and tabao back to hotel room to makan!!!!

one word SHIOK hahahhahaha

Staff69 and Angcheek praised this

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:47 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe you are too young to know Singapore used to have goose. Now the AVA-approved import sources are very limited, they are virtual extinct in Singapore.

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

that's really funny  [laugh] left thigh and right thigh also got difference

Posted 13 November 2015 - 02:53 PM

Coltplussport
  • Premium member
    Coltplussport
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

that's really funny  [laugh] left thigh and right thigh also got difference

If not wrong, because most goose like human are right handed or legged. That why the flesh on the left is more tender and fattier. I guess la.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: food, roast, goose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users