Wrong tyre profile installed

Eviltrap

Runflats to me make for very uncomfortable driving. :yuush:

runflat is design for safety and convenience .

1 can imaging if your wife or Kids call you saying that they got a flattyre along express way (the can cant move) and need your help?

you will know the advantage of runflat tyre

so be a wise / smart consumer , look at the advantage of the tyre.

Edited by Roberttan
↡ Advertisement

Don't worry too much, yours just a slight change. Pump tyre pressure per normal as you normally do. There are a lot of drivers also change tyre to different profile and drive as per normal and nothing happen.

Thank you for the assurance.

Dear Eviltrap , may be you can share what car are you driving?

otherwise the comment are just about effect between 40 vs 45 profile, seriously speaking there is 1 important some have overlook is the Load index (which tells you how heavy load this tyre can withstand) this particularly important on car like MPV / SUV commercial van. 

sourcing item over the e commercial is always carry risk like what you had experience.

Get the right people do the right job you wont go wrong.

regarding another issue about rim offset 42mm to 55mm

I think you have to show both rim and car than you know can or not

I'm driving a KIA K5.

Hi TS since taking in profile , can I tag along on this for wheel off set matching too?

My current rim offset is et42. Can a rim of offset et55 fit to my car too? Pcd is the same.. thanks in advance.

if your current rim is original et42 (I meant must be factory fitted original , not include those claimed to be original)  I will not advice to use et55 (that does meant sure rub brake or any part of your car)

if you are on old car , it may came originally et55 But being replaced to current et42 , so I will say it is better to et55  

• Praise 1

if your current rim is original et42 (I meant must be factory fitted original , not include those claimed to be original)  I will not advice to use et55 (that does meant sure rub brake or any part of your car)

if you are on old car , it may came originally et55 But being replaced to current et42 , so I will say it is better to et55  

Hi, I don't understand what is et42 and et55.  [laugh]

But recall do hearing some squeaking when I brake from very slow speed, like those during start stop traffic.

Never heard this squeaking sound before the change of the tyres. 

Hi, I don't understand what is et42 and et55.  [laugh]

But recall do hearing some squeaking when I brake from very slow speed, like those during start stop traffic.

Never heard this squeaking sound before the change of the tyres. 

refer to above info provided by 016

I think you deserve a help from the tyre shop who sold and install the tyre for you

get them do a check

• Praise 1

Thanks !

My car is default et42.

Will not get the et55 rim.

Lucky ask, else sure money down the drain cos it was to be a direct owner deal...

Thanks again!

if your current rim is original et42 (I meant must be factory fitted original , not include those claimed to be original) I will not advice to use et55 (that does meant sure rub brake or any part of your car)

if you are on old car , it may came originally et55 But being replaced to current et42 , so I will say it is better to et55

Thanks !

My car is default et42.

Will not get the et55 rim.

Lucky ask, else sure money down the drain cos it was to be a direct owner deal...

Thanks again!

is good to follow correct offset.

But usually when come to upsize , we have to prepare to have to offset number change (usually smaller than original , but does happen slightly bigger number on some rare occasion)

example base on your current et42 market mostly available is et 35 to et45

some owner may want to go down to et 20 because they want the rim to protrude outside or flush with the wheel fender 

To me that is not wrong or right for this offset , is all boil down to your expectation or WANT and be happy with the changed

good info shared, I learnt something new. Not aware about this till now. Thanks!

I’m trying to change rims on my Qashqai

from the stock 215/60 17 x 7 (40mm offset) rims

to 17 x 7.5 (42mm offset) rims.

Thru online calculator it says it will less 8.4mm inboard clearance.

Is it significant? Is this a fit?

Iâm trying to change rims on my Qashqai

Most likely will hit inner wheel well. 7.5 width + increase in offset. Usually if increase width need to decrease offset and vice versa..

I’m trying to change rims on my Qashqai

correct me if I am wrong

8.4mm less inboard clearance = base on your current (stock Original rim) the gap btw stock and new rim is 8.4mm  closer

Most likely will hit inner wheel well. 7.5 width + increase in offset. Usually if increase width need to decrease offset and vice versa..

Thanks. Didn’t know 8.4mm is so significant. Guess I’ll give the rims a miss

correct me if I am wrong

8.4mm less inboard clearance = base on your current (stock Original rim) the gap btw stock and new rim is 8.4mm closer

Yup. 8.4mm closer to the car ...

10mm=1cm

If like that will cause rubbing, then I don't know what to say liao.

It may not cause rubbing and which many wheels up size share the same way for putting wider width rim.

only need to physically confirm by the shop selling you the rim.

It may not cause rubbing and which many wheels up size share the same way for putting wider width rim.

only need to physically confirm by the shop selling you the rim.

Shop only interested in hard selling the rims and you trust them?

Unless lowering the car, chances of rubbing is minimum and we are talking about less than 1 cm here.

Shop only interested in hard selling the rims and you trust them?

Unless lowering the car, chances of rubbing is minimum and we are talking about less than 1 cm here.

they are Good one around, If one want to follow all Original specification you have to buy ONLY Original wheels from Car Manufacturers,

Most AD sell original wheels but they are some not Original (no nice to reveal here) But they Locally approved it.

for any wheels transformations / upsize if you are talking about aftermarket wheels (usually they don't follow OE spec) , they usually designed for more aggressive looking.

just MHO  , 

↡ Advertisement